fyi. Gits-SAC and FMA will be on Adult Swim tonite

treatment

hey, guys. if A7 or anyone hasn't informed you all, yet, Full Metal Alchemist and Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex will be shown tonite on Adult-Swim channel starting at 12am for both EST and PST timezones.

If you're staying in tonite and are interested in watching it, check your timezone-schedules for it at:

http://schedule.adultswim.com/servlet/Sche...meZone=timeZone

These will be the english-dubbed versions since it's US-TV, of course..

So did anyone catch FMA or GITS:SAC? I missed FMA and didn't realize GITS was starting up also. Any opinions on how bad the dubs were?

I watched GITS. the voice acting wasn't to bad, but I don't have the DVD's to compare too.

I had set my ReplayTV to record GitS whenever it finally came on, so I was able to watch it this morning. Since the only previous GitS I've seen was the movie (subbed), I can't compare to the DVD version of the series. In general I dislike dubs (not "subs" as I originally wrote) but once I got used to it over the first 10 minutes or so, I thought it was okay. I also enjoyed the episode (speaking as someone who really doesn't know from GitS), which I think was titled simply "Section 9".

If my ears aren't mistaken, the guy who did the voice for Batou is the same guy who does Jigen in the CN Lupin III episodes.

While watching the show I saw the commercials for FMA. It looked interesting. Any quickie comments the series, like what's it about, why it's good, etc?

Edited by ewilen

will they be airing them any othetr time this week, i kno they usually dont but since its a premiere they have replay it sometime this week

Repeats are on Thursdays.

While watching the show I saw the commercials for FMA. It looked interesting. Any quickie comments the series, like what's it about, why it's good, etc?

It's probably one of the best anime series made in years, even though it's risking a bit of hype backlash now.

Premise, story, characters, music, they're all great. It keeps itself grounded by having an element of humor but is quite a dark series (it's on AS for a reason).

It's just remarkably well put together. Very little filler in it's 51 episodes, and almost everything matters - things that seem like minor events or one-shot characters all tend to have some importance in the overall story.

I saw them both. Once I got past the VA I enjoyed both new episodes. I liked FMA. I really dug the science vs religion angle that was presented in the first episode. I'm very interested to see how it will play out in the rest of the series. Very appropriate for these times where religion has tried to dominate the discussion of scientitfic and health issues.

Yeah the opening sequence of FMA was kinda graphic. I was quite suprised.

Edited by Golden Arms

I do believe it is the same voice actress, just seems that she was not getting paid enough to do this though, thus the lack of intrest in her involvement of the character... Yes, to me it did seem they kept the same voice actor/actress from the original movie and ps1 game.

I do believe it is the same voice actress, just seems that she was not getting paid enough to do this though, thus the lack of intrest in her involvement of the character... Yes, to me it did seem they kept the same voice actor/actress from the original movie and ps1 game.

For the Gits-SAC dub of Kusanagi, they do sounded alot alike, but they are two different actresses. Same studio, tho.

Tthe dub-actress on the Gits-movie had a slightly higher-pitched vocals, while Gits-Sac actress was more lower-pitched vocals.

The FMA-dub was acceptable, but I never saw the japanese-version to compare vocals-performances..

I watched about 2 mins of GITS.  Kusanagi's voice is really "bland".  Didn't watch enough to see what they cut.  I'll stick to my DVD's.  :)

The only thing they cut/did-not-include in Gits-SAC was the Tachikomatic Days from the dvd and the ending-op was shortened.

Dunno about what they did to FMA, as I never saw this title before.