The Official Yamato VB-6 Monster Thread

Pic 2

here's the other pic...sorry for adding more posts....I just dunno how to attach 2 pics together

also please becareful when handling the monster in battroid mode...the part that has the stress mark is caused when that 'front thingies' was pressed on the chest when I was not becareful enuff when handling this little monster... :(

post-4-1106120156_thumb.jpg

Edited by aaajin

TQQQ very-2 much :D... but still..<_< 1 hour has passed since i started to transform this sucker...dOh! :(

EDITED : wow...looking at the watch I cant believe how much time I spent on transforming this toy...

however, there are 2 areas that I recognized have major stress effects on mine...yep i know the ones Graham n u guys have been talkin about...but here's new ones....

the first one is on one of the connection of the diecast fin on the leg...I really think that this part should've been made out of metal instead of pure ABS <_< ...and the other is the one ...hm i dunno what to call this part.. but here are the pics

just curious...has anybody else's toy suffers the same stress effects?

Pic 1

Nope, not yet...

Destroid (battroid) mode -- More stress marks around the hole where the wide hinged black tab on the backpack fits in to the rear of the robot. If you get me.

Edited by Renato

Hmm. I have been picking up Yamatos and Bandais and all sorts of toys for years now. Some of those developed stress marks in places right away, after only a couple transformations. To date, however, not a single one of them has broken.

Yeah, so what we need now is a body count.

So far, is xtoys the only one who has broken their VB-6?

I know some people like to just leave them in one mode and only transform them from time to time, but mine has undergone at least 20 or 30 transformations so far...

Yeah, so what we need now is a body count.

So far, is xtoys the only one who has broken their VB-6?

I know some people like to just leave them in one mode and only transform them from time to time, but mine has undergone at least 20 or 30 transformations so far...

You know in my case,

It's actualy the VB-6 that broke me (financialy...)

<_<<_<

I'm not a display shelf collector, so none of mine get any sort of special treatment. I originally was only going to buy one 1/48, until I found out that they're not nearly so fragile as people originally expected.

I'll even toss my Valkyries into my coat pocket and take them to work with me.

It is unfortunate though, that you have to be careful with this toy straight off the bat. I might have to order another one for use as spare parts.

Pretty much what I did.

It's sad that out faith in Yamato's QC is so poor, but by hell they earned it.

Well, I still rather have Yamato over Toynami's QC any day of week. ;)

It is unfortunate though, that you have to be careful with this toy straight off the bat. I might have to order another one for use as spare parts.

Pretty much what I did.

It's sad that out faith in Yamato's QC is so poor, but by hell they earned it.

Well, I still rather have Yamato over Toynami's QC any day of week. ;)

But of course.

but mine has undergone at least 20 or 30 transformations so far...

mental note...

don't buy used konig from Renato. :p

so far mine has been TF'ed from shuttle to gerwalk, gerwalk to battroid, then back to gerwalk. i figured out i don't have space to display it in battroid, the shuttle is butt-fugly, so gerwalk it will stay til the end of time. :p:D:lol:

i'll pick up another one if i find it for $100 or less, otherwise whatevs....

Sort of OT, but I was watching the VFX2 intro again, and thought I noticed a red stripe on the left (and maybe right) arm near the front. Anyone else notice that? If someone comes up with a decal or sticker sheet, just thought I might add that.

Q

PS-Thanks Tamim! aka Twin Moons!

Edited by kl884347

I got mine. I don't see any of the infamous stress marks after transforming it to battroid, but I do have other problems that I haven't seen mentioned yet....

First, on one of the gun barrels there is a scratch/cut all the way around, like it was done by a machine or a precision device. It looks pretty crap and is the most noticeable flaw so far.

post-4-1106424099_thumb.jpg

Second, one of those stupid missle bay doors isn't even attached on mine. Some people mentioned theirs were glued down, well mine doesn't have a speck of glue and the door/missle pod fell right off as soon as I took the thing out of the package. The hinge where the pod is supposed to attach is crooked, and I can't get it straight. I also can't get the pod to connect in any way that keeps it on. I'll probably just glue it in place. The other pod moves out enough to see that there isn't any glue, but I might just glue that one down, too, just to keep it from ever getting pulled off. It seems absolutely ridiculous to me that Yamato couldn't find a way to make the missle pods work, or at least remove the feature entirely. It really stinks of 'half-assed'.

post-4-1106424397.jpg

My last problem is the dreaded leg clips. Backwards or not, they work like complete ass. No matter how I position the legs/wings in shuttle mode, they just BARELY stay held on by the clips, and any barrel roll or banking causes them to fall right off. :rolleyes:

Overall I guess I like it, but I can't say I'm thrilled with it. It looks cool, I'll give it that, but it's just not as sturdy as it should be for a toy this big. I don't like being afraid to play with or even transform a toy that looks so damn cool, and the legs/wings being all floppy and not locked in place is the biggest stinker for me.

What sucks is that if it weren't for those problems I'd totally want to keep it, but because of them I'd almost rather sell it, or at least trade it for Yamato's OTHER big green robot that isn't plagued with problems, the Scopedog. Why couldn't they give this one the same amount of care as that? :(

I've got an issue on mine as well regrettably.... On the cannons, they are attached by a split end peg thing... kind hard to descreibe. Well, out of the box, one of the halves of the split end on one of my cannons is cracked, like it got forced down too far one way at an awkward angle, so the gun is a bit loose and not quite correctly fitting.... There's not really anyways to fix this and it still works, so I guess i;ll just ahve to leave it.

Second, one of those stupid missle bay doors isn't even attached on mine. Some people mentioned theirs were glued down, well mine doesn't have a speck of glue and the door/missle pod fell right off as soon as I took the thing out of the package. The hinge where the pod is supposed to attach is crooked, and I can't get it straight. I also can't get the pod to connect in any way that keeps it on. I'll probably just glue it in place. The other pod moves out enough to see that there isn't any glue, but I might just glue that one down, too, just to keep it from ever getting pulled off. It seems absolutely ridiculous to me that Yamato couldn't find a way to make the missle pods work, or at least remove the feature entirely. It really stinks of 'half-assed'.

have you tried taking the arm apart and then connecting the piece?

thats really the only way i can think of to get the pegs into the holes in the hinge piece properly. yeah its annoying but taking the arm apart isn't that difficult. remove the 1 screw in the "bicep", pull the arm off, remove the 6 black screws and thats about it. and don't worry, there aren't any pieces floating around in there.

and i agree, why tease us with a gimmick to begin with? if they had just glued it down completely, none of us would've even known it was there....afterall, ignorance is bliss. :rolleyes:

have you tried taking the arm apart and then connecting the piece?

thats really the only way i can think of to get the pegs into the holes in the hinge piece properly. yeah its annoying but taking the arm apart isn't that difficult. remove the 1 screw in the "bicep", pull the arm off, remove the 6 black screws and thats about it. and don't worry, there aren't any pieces floating around in there.

and i agree, why tease us with a gimmick to begin with? if they had just glued it down completely, none of us would've even known it was there....afterall, ignorance is bliss. :rolleyes:

I might give that a try, although I hope the hinge isn't broken or bent inside there (it's crooked).

Even with that fixed, the floppy leg thing ultimately spoils it for me. If they were just a little more secure it wouldn't be so bad.

I might give that a try, although I hope the hinge isn't broken or bent inside there (it's crooked).

Even with that fixed, the floppy leg thing ultimately spoils it for me. If they were just a little more secure it wouldn't be so bad.

eh, don't worry, it should be fine in there. that piece was originally designed to be attached to the hinge, so don't worry too much.

the legs/wing design flaw is totally a mathematical error......japanese....bad at math? thats inconceivable! :o:p

maybe they'll be a resissue but according to some, the konig isn't selling that well so who really knows what going to happen? i just hope they re-issue another before i break down and buy another. :p:D:lol:

maybe they'll be a resissue but according to some, the konig isn't selling that well so who really knows what going to happen? i just hope they re-issue another before i break down and buy another. :p:D:lol:

really? :blink::o I thought it would be selling well? This sucks. I was hoping that this owuld sell well to motivate them to make more unpredicable things, like a 1/60 Tomahawk or a VF-9 Cutlass!

maybe they'll be a resissue but according to some, the konig isn't selling that well so who really knows what going to happen?  i just hope they re-issue another before i break down and buy another.  :p  :D  :lol:

really? :blink::o I thought it would be selling well? This sucks. I was hoping that this owuld sell well to motivate them to make more unpredicable things, like a 1/60 Tomahawk or a VF-9 Cutlass!

eh, its just rumors. its not like i'm standing in front of toy stores in japan checking out what everyone buys. if there is actually a lack of sales, i think a lot of it has to do with the packaging. as i mentioned before, yamato should've smarter and boxed it up in gerwalk mode and not the fugly shuttle mode.

Odds are this guy will sell out.

A new design like this, it'll start moving. Took a little while for the 1/48's to start selling out.

I really really hope this sells well enough to encourage more VF-X2 valks, and the VF-4.

Befroe that though they need to finish the -19 and the VF-0. Still.

Odds are this guy will sell out.

A new design like this, it'll start moving. Took a little while for the 1/48's to start selling out.

I really really hope this sells well enough to encourage more VF-X2 valks, and the VF-4.

Befroe that though they need to finish the -19 and the VF-0. Still.

I sure hope you're right.....and if they can release an obscure aircraft from a Playstation game.

Then they might as well release the much beloved VF-4. ;)