Alien toys, whos made them

so after some wasted time i'll never get back on google, does anyone know any companies that make Alien toys? in particular the dropship from aliens.

i know Konami has a license but the stuff they made is tiny, 4" at best. then theres Action Fleet who supposedly made the alien drop ship but i haven't seen it on ebay or anywhere else for that matter.

could anyone enlighten me? :unsure:

Yeah there was an Action fleet Dropship as well as a micro machines dropship, both made by galoob... the downside is they were uber rare. The only one I have ever seen in person was the one I own and I had to pay a crazy price for it from a guy in a toy magazine back in about '99 or so.

Outside of those and that one that a Japanese toy company is working on making I have not seen any other Dropship toys... besides the model kits.

is it really small? like the konami model? any chance you can take a pic of it when you get a chance?

as far as model kits, i've seen one that was 1/72 scale(don't know who made it) but it was already built and pieces were missing. i'm down to get a model if it involves no painting or glueing. if i need skills, it'll just turn out sad.

added:

sorry for all the questions. as silly as it sounds i'm trying to build a drop ship out of lego. i got some pictures and such but it kind of hard to stare at my computer and build lego MOCs. if i had a real model to look at and study, it would make the building much easier.

basically something like this guys but i don't want to bite his steez.

drop02.jpg

and heres the rest of his gallery....

PICS

Edited by haterist

I'm headed to a Halloween party tonight but here are some nice pics I found online of the Galoob Action Fleet Toy. Mine is also MIB unopened (as it cost me a ton and I'm scared to open it because I fear I cannot find another one if I break it) so pics of mine would be lame at best.

dropship01.jpg

dropship02.jpg

drop1.jpg

... as you can no doubt tell from the pics the toy is fugly...

It's proportions and scale are all messed up as well as it's colors and details. To put it bluntly, it is the "Fisher Price" Drop Ship. If you are going to build a lego version I would recommend getting ahold of either the Halcyon model kit's instructions or that Aliens RPG book as those have very, very detailed and accurate line art of the drop ship.

I bought it sight unseen out of an ad in one of those old Toy papers back in 98 or 99. I had only seen pics of the prototypes of the toy in Toyfare before that and had never seen it in stores... anywhere. So when I saw a guy offering some of them for sale I bought all he had in a set: The APC, The Dropship and the Nostromo. All of them are ugly and downright crappy looking but because the things are just so rare and hard to come by I have kept them all in a box in my toy stash since I got them.

Lesson learned: Never buy things sight unseen, even if they are uber rare toys.

I knew it was Aoshima but never knew it was a 1/48. The big scale including the die-cast content will drive the price for this puppy up in the $170 range.

To be honest, we were just guessing on the scale. It could very well be 1/72, which is still a big freaking toy. All I know is that Aoshima's airwolf is 1/48, so hopefully they follow that trend through with the dropship.

I knew it was Aoshima but never knew it was a 1/48. The big scale including the die-cast content will drive the price for this puppy up in the $170 range.

To be honest, we were just guessing on the scale. It could very well be 1/72, which is still a big freaking toy. All I know is that Aoshima's airwolf is 1/48, so hopefully they follow that trend through with the dropship.

sorry if this sounds like a silly question but does Aoshima make model kits or real toys? i really hope its a toy but for $170, i hope it has all the bells and whistles to justify that kind of price tag.

sorry if this sounds like a silly question but does Aoshima make model kits or real toys? i really hope its a toy but for $170, i hope it has all the bells and whistles to justify that kind of price tag.

They make both. The dropship, like Airwolf, will be an assembled Diecast toy.

If that dropship is actually going to be 1/48 scale then that thing is going to be freaking huge. I have the old Halcyon model kit built up in the "open" configuration with the ramp down (and with the tiny resin APC on the ramp) and that thing alone is quite large... and it is 1/72 scale. It's well over a foot long and longer than a foot wide with the weapon pods out. It's a big mother...

I'm planning to get this one when it comes out... finally I'll be able to button up the dropship and roll around the little APC without worrying I'll break them. :p

DAYMN I AM SO GETTING THAT AOSHIMA ONE!!!

I have a Konami DropShip. I was very impressed with how good it is for a Gashapon toy. I would kill for the Action Fleet one, but after seeing those picts of it, I'll pass. They pop up on eBay once in a blue moon, and amazingly they really aren't that expensive. Usually in the $50-100 range MIB. Much less if out of box.

In fact, there's one in box on eBay right now for $75. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

That's not as bad as the Action Fleet TIE Defender which can go for well over $150 in box and about $100 out. I have one that I bought in the store for $12 :D

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

That Aoshima looks awesome. I heven't even seen the movies, and I'll probably pick one up.

What I'd really like to see is a nice diecast Pelican Dropship from Halo.

Hear hear! Doesn't even have to be Diecast. They should make one that will fit the little 3" Masterchief figures.

Vostok 7

That Aoshima looks awesome. I heven't even seen the movies, and I'll probably pick one up.

What I'd really like to see is a nice diecast Pelican Dropship from Halo.

Hear hear! Doesn't even have to be Diecast. They should make one that will fit the little 3" Masterchief figures.

Vostok 7

I thought about that, but I think it would be too toylike. I'd like a really nice desktop display type model, something I could put in the display case.

ooooo, that resin one looks real nice but i bet it costs an arm and a leg. :(

i know the AFMM ones are kind of bootleg looking but seeing as i didn't pay that much and it is a swooshable toy, i am happy. :)

now this other one is going to be the shiznit.

so i ask again, does anyone have a release date?

or atleast a-round-about guestimate?

i just wanna know to get a head start in saving for it. :p