Are Bandai Reissues worth the money?

Roy's Blues

Quote:

*Virtual moderators please forgive me for not running a detailed search on the entire internet first, a thousand pardons for posting a new topic on the subject. May the Froating Head strike me down for my insolence.

/From another MW member

I have a friend, who want to rid himself of his Macross Goodies, and turn in his Valkaholics ID card. As much as I miss a fellow fan, I will be getting his Goodies at a good price. Or they will hit Ebay. BTW no yammies :(

My question is this: How are the Bandai Reissues? In particular the Super VF-1S. Is there any diecast? A heatshield? Does the FP armor fall of if you move it? (I plan on doing a few barrel rolls) Stickers? Are they any good for customizing? Are they as solid as the Jetfire I had back in the day?

Thanks for your opinion to this non-newbie question! :lol::p

the reissues are fine, they're just as well made as the original bandai's if not better. the diecast content is the same, the FP armor stays on just fine and yes, you can do barrel rolls. :D they do come with stickers but most of the "what use to be stickers" are now printed on the valk itself.....it came out so nice you can actually read the small print. you can customize them, they're just as good as the jetfires of old.

i think i answered everything....

hehe, all the reissues come with a heatshields except 1J hikaru.

Edited by haterist

my god guys!!!

they are just so freakin ugly...spend you money on a quality valk like a yamato ...1/60 0r 1/48 :p

they're not ugly, they're just chunkey! :p

while my love for the 1/60's and 1/48's is strong, the 1/55 are still kind of cool since you can actually play play with them. :D

my god guys!!!

they are just so freakin ugly...spend you money on a quality valk like a yamato ...1/60 0r 1/48 :p

NO, no, no. Go buy the chunky monkey. Leave the 1/48s. It just means I can get more 1/48s! :p

how many roys you have on preorder godzilla? :D

I already have all the Yamato 1/48's.

My Valk addiction wants me to broaden my horizons a bit. If it gets me to buy another banecrapio or a Toynami "Master-Piece of Crap" , then I'll sign up for those MEETINGS! :D

my god guys!!!

Quality?! :huh:

Bandai wrote the book on quality. Just imagine if Bandai decided to buy out Yamato and make the 1/48's themselves? No more cheap plastic, fragile parts and sub par paint jobs. :p

Quality is what the Bandai 1/55s are all about. It has a great deal of improvements over the old Takatoku 1/55s. Bandai IMHO did an excellent re-production of the VF-1. While it may be chunky monkey, it still would be worth having.

After all, our VF-1(s) deserve to know their true lineage.

As far as collectibility (money-wise), only time will tell.

my VF-1S re-ish is my favorite valk. i also have a 1/60 Strike and a 1/72 YF-19A but the Bandai takes the cake for me. I regard my yammies as nicely diecasted finished models. one bump and you got hands and armor falling off and paint chipping. its got great detail and poseability, like a model, but they're delicate. (i know this isn't breaking news.. :p )

the bandai is rock solid and I consider it to be the most accurate representation of the valkyrie because it was the original toy design/vision Kawamori had back in the late seventies. i guess they are saying now that the 1/48 is the perfect transformer but i will always like the 1/55.

is it me or does the re-ish feel a little more fragile than the Jetfire? i used to have one back in the day and it seemed more solid, but maybe it was just loosened up from so many transformations.

anyways the re-ish's are gorgeous, the painted on markings are really high quality with lots of detail and it has immaculate QC.

3 reissues in the hands of my 2 year old for almost a month now, good as new. No scrratches, broken pieces, nothing.

1/60 Yammie lasted 2 days

Joke machine lasted 3 hours

Banpresto... I find pieces laying around the house every week

Morpher... lasted longer but eventually, the little tiny wings came off

to it's credit... the 1/48 lasted for some time until I got too scared and didn't let him tuvh it and he still managed to break some of my gunpod straps.

I think that pretty mcuh says it all for durability.

is it me or does the re-ish feel a little more fragile than the Jetfire? i used to have one back in the day and it seemed more solid, but maybe it was just loosened up from so many transformations.

Actually the reissues are slightly lighter than the older Bandai/Takatoku's. I took a reissue apart and compared it to one of my Jetfire's about 2 years ago. I discovered that Bandai's new molding techniques allow each piece to be casted with less plastic than the originals. However, this doesn't make them more fragile, just more economical to produce as well as easier on their fuel/power supply. :D

Edited by Valkfan

Hey it is a 10 year old design. It was great back then.

Unless it is now the year 1992, the design is over 20 years old. The Takatoku's were originally produced around 1982. However, if I'm wrong and it really is 1992, I have a second chance to make up for A LOT of missed opportunities in my alternatre reality! :lol:

Hey it is a 10 year old design.  It was great back then.

Unless it is now the year 1992, the design is over 20 years old. The Takatoku's were originally produced around 1982. However, if I'm wrong and it really is 1992, I have a second chance to make up for A LOT of missed opportunities in my alternatre reality! :lol:

Hehe. Can you imagine if we were living in 1992 again, and posting on this forum?

We'd be all excited about.......... MACROSS II!! :o

I want a VF-1S Hikaru Strike Reissue. :rolleyes:

...How many times have I posted the same message?...

Come on Ban... dai.... Pleeeease.... Pleeeeease.... Reissue the VF-1S...... Hikaru........ Strike.........

Pleeease... If you can't reissue the... Ostrich.... or the Elint.........

Pleease Bandai........ Please.... (last breath) *