I think I got ripped off..

ychanus

I bought a Yamato valk stand and a box set of 10 CMS vol2 figures. They charged me 5000 yens for SAL shipping.

http://www.1999.co.jp/asp/index_e.asp?Bno=&Typ1_c=101

Does that make sense???

Hobby Link Japan charge only 1,080yen for SAL shipping for the valk stand only..

Adding to that, the box came in crushed, well the items were fine but the valk stand box is crushed badly.

Another problem is that I placed this order back in August and after waiting for so long, I sent them an email to cancel my order. No one reply me of course, and it is now shipped to me and the shipping cost is just nonsense.

Should I talk to my credit card company? Will they help?

Edited by ychanus

Should I talk to my credit card company? Will they help?

At this point you should try anything. Why pay so much for a damage goods. The box is as much part of the shipment. Try to get some money back to shw them that they can't treat people like that.

SAL becomes expensive once it passes the 2kg mark. I too just ordered from them and the shipping cost was over what I expected. I was expecting the packaging to be an extra 0.5-1kg but it was over 1.5kg. The total weight according to the EMS slip was 3600g and the way they package it with all the excess cardboards, they could have at least cut the extra 100g to reduce my cost by 700 yen but they didn't. Also they never replied to any of my emails and only reason why I got my item shipped was becos I called them up.

For those thinking of ordering from Hobby search, don't order from them unless you defintely don't mind waiting and you definetly won't cancel your order as you probably can't since they don't respond to your emails. Probably only safe way to cancel is to call them up.

Sounds a little high to me too! But come to think about it the valk stand does weigh a fair bit.

The 10 CMS' will be around 0.5kg and add the stand 1-2kg will make the total to roughly 2-2.5kg after packaging.

:)

Sounds a little high to me too! But come to think about it the valk stand does weigh a fair bit.

The 10 CMS' will be around 0.5kg and add the stand 1-2kg will make the total to roughly 2-2.5kg after packaging.

The valk stand doesn't weight that much. It feels around the same as the CMS box set and HLJ lists 640g for the valk stand package.

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?YMT00033

Again, it was shipped by SAL not EMS and it was at least 2000 yen more than what I expected to pay.

Edited by ychanus

It seems pretty much right.

10 CMS = 110g x 10 = 1100g base on HLJ

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?CMS65006

1 Valk Stand = 640g base on HLJ

Total weight before packaging is 1740g.

For that many items packaging will prob be at least 500g which will take the total weight over the 2kg mark where SAL will kill you. SAL is only worth it when it's below the 2kg mark.

Hobby Search shipping rates for SAL: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/dlv_cost/parcel.html

Your best option was to refuse the package and return to sender and ask for a full refund as you have informed them that you have cancelled the order. If they don't you could inform your CC company as you have a valid reason. For damage packaging, Hobby Search FAQs said to inform your post office. I don't know what good that will do. But the thing is that your items were not damage, only the boxes were. So I don't think there is really much you can do about it.

Edited by Valk-1S

The sad part was that, they are not even in one order. I thought I got a good deal for shipping when they are sending my 2 orders together.

Totally back fire!!

it is also too late for me to refuse the package as it was left by my front door when I got back from work.

I'm going to try to talk to my cc company to see what I can do with them. From now on, I'll definitely stay away from them, that little discount really means nothing when they screw you back on shipping.

Thanks for everyone's supportive comments.

Even in such case,we are very afraid we can't ship gathering your all items even if your previous order hasn't been shipped yet.

We mean that we treat your one order sheet as one parcel. Because it takes much time to get one parcel and it exsists two same order number.It causes sometimes mistake to ship your order.

From Hobby Search FAQs. You may be able to use this against them since you orders were suppose to be two seperate orders and their FAQs state they don't combine orders.

Yeah I agree with Haterist, stay away from HobbySearch. In the past they were really nice, shipped everything fine, and had great customer service. Lately though, they've gone to poo. They don't reply to your emails, and don't follow any instructions that you give them (like not sending the package to the payment address, sending it to another address).

I stopped using Hobby Link. I can't remember why; but I have a bad impression of them. :p

I will first call my creditcard co and just tell them that an online store send you a package that you CANCELED in August, and that you try contacting them about it but was never answered back. Tell them you are not paying for a item that was never supposed to be send to you. They'll send you a couple of forms and they will also contact the website for you. Pretty much you'll be dealing with the creditcard co, unitl the website's CSRs call you regrading this matter. Of course having proft of your email cancelation date would help alot.

Pretty much you try to work something out, maybe they'll cut the cost of the stand in 1/2 and the shipping in 1/2., Or you can ask them to pay for the shipping to send everything back to them, and then refund everything back to you. Better yet, You get to keep everything and dont' need to give them a single cent. :)

It seems pretty much right.

10 CMS = 110g x 10 = 1100g base on HLJ

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?CMS65006

1 Valk Stand = 640g base on HLJ

Total weight before packaging is 1740g.

For that many items packaging will prob be at least 500g which will take the total weight over the 2kg mark where SAL will kill you. SAL is only worth it when it's below the 2kg mark.

Hobby Search shipping rates for SAL: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/dlv_cost/parcel.html

Sounds about right to me too. While I haven't ordered from them for a couple of months, I've never had any problems with Hobby Search before.

I don't like 1999, their shipping fee is high I think, and my only order from them is 2 boxes of FFX-2 Yuna action figure, both boxes are damaged, I hate that! Gotta love HLJ, very well packed every time, and the fast shipping never let me down!

They don't reply to your emails

Amen to that. I talked tot hem about buying 25 of their FAST Packs, but they never returned a bloody email after 5 emails over the course of 1 month. They had such great prices too, $38.50 per pack! Oh man.... <_<

I mentioned a few times how they stopped relpying to e-mails. All was well until June. They answered my e-mails just fine, and cancelled two orders immediately. Then they simply stopped. I send no less than 5 or six e-mails for address change first, then for cancellations when they didn't respond. I even sent them a letter explainig the problems and my dissastisfaction, and requested my account closed. No responses ever again. They never shipped the Onsen figures I was trying to cancel, so I guess they got the point, but not responding to e-mails is inexcusable and pitiful customer service. Wolfx had the same problem.

We had a small thread about Hobby Search here. Some guys actually had called to get things done.

Their customer service disappeared. Shame cause they have some good prices on their stuff.

Last thing I got from them was my Belldandy swimsuit statue, and that will be the last.

I used HLJ for my Eva plugsuit figures.

Edited by Anubis