R.I.P Christopher Reeve

Ladic

a very sad day indeed, it is such a tragedy to see such a good and brave man lost, we will definetly miss you were a inspiration to many

chris

:(

what can i say, he was my hero when i was a kid, and an inspiration now that i am a man.

but before his accident and after his accident I always saw a superman :rolleyes:

now however, i trully see that he was a man of steel :)

thanks for making us strong when we were weak as children, and thanks for defining what kind of men we should aspire to become...

you will trully be missed

i don't know if there is a heaven, but may you fly high in the next stage of exsistense

-Fly high Christopher Reeves- :D

I always believed he will walk again one day

I believe his is walking now, in the heavens

Amen!

Rest in Peace Christopher.

Thanks for reminding us to never give up.

We salute you.

Im saddend and upset. Supposedly blood pools in the body in paralyzed victims. and it was the fault of the hired help for not massaging those spots. The bllod pooled due to lack of circulation and got infected and that is how he died/ via heart attack so I hear.

I think that it's inappropriate to blame Mr. Reeves care givers for his death. Caregiving isn't like your typical 9 to 5. One that does it really has to care for the people that are charged with. It can be an emotionally taxing profession to be involved in. It's a 24/7 round the clock job. There aren't days where don't go to work because you don't feel like it. Someone else is relying on you. Many times family members have to assume some of these roles or task. Reeves probably had the best nurses and assistants that money can buy. Most people in his condition don't live as long as he did. Nor do they have as much access to the quality care that I assume that he was recieving.

He will be missed. He played a Superman on the screen, but he became one in his fight against paralysis.

Edited by Golden Arms

It's not my intent to be anal, especially at a time like this, but I'd just like to mention that his last name is Reeve, although quite similar to George Reeves, who played Superman in the old TV series.

Thanks everyone. :)

• azrael locked this topic