DESTROID MONSTER

stampede_valk

Hi Im new in macross world forums but Ive been a macross fan since I have knowledge. Actually Im working in a destroid monster in a 1/60 scale and Im looking for some backup and lineart to make it look more great than any destroid monster ever.

Im also looking for some line art for the hikaru plane that uses in the first chapter

(whats the name of that jet???) cos Im working on it (also in 1/60)

so this is officially coming out? i know the Koning Monster was coming out but not this big 1/60 monster. very cool does anyone have the price for it yet? i know it is not transformable but the Qrau was not either and it cost way over a hundred bucks i do not want to even think of what this is going to cost. also is there a older model kit of this figure in 1/60 scale?

chris

Blackaces reported on his last visit with Yamato that the 1/60 monster will be coming out in 2005. I thought this was common knowledge. No official date release but 2005 is when it will happen.

Will it be able to support it own weight? So we are getting a 1/100 and a 1/60? The 1/60 will transform right?

very cool does anyone have the price for it yet? i know it is not transformable but the Qrau was not either and it cost way over a hundred bucks i do not want to even think of what this is going to cost. also is there a older model kit of this figure in 1/60 scale?

chris

Expect a price around the 300$ USD

very cool does anyone have the price for it yet? i know it is not transformable but the Qrau was not either and it cost way over a hundred bucks i do not want to even think of what this is going to cost. also is there a older model kit of this figure in 1/60 scale?

chris

Expect a price around the 300$ USD

What's the production amount for these then? That just seems a little to high. $250 tops.

Will it be able to support it own weight? So we are getting a 1/100 and a 1/60? The 1/60 will transform right?

nope...the 1/60 is the original monster from the original TV series and the movie so it won't transform...the 1/100 is transformable though...but that's a different Monster all together since that one was only seen in the VF-X2 game

Blackaces reported on his last visit with Yamato that the 1/60 monster will be coming out in 2005.  I thought this was common knowledge. No official date release but 2005 is when it will happen.

The 1/60 will not transform cause is the original monster and its not variable, the VFX-2 1/100 koening monster yes.

The monster is huge but it is not a variable mech so will be easier balance the weight.

I suppose it will cost between 200-250 bucks.

Blackaces reported on his last visit with Yamato that the 1/60 monster will be coming out in 2005.  I thought this was common knowledge. No official date release but 2005 is when it will happen.

The 1/60 will not transform cause is the original monster and its not variable, the VFX-2 1/100 koening monster yes.

The monster is huge but it is not a variable mech so will be easier balance the weight.

I suppose it will cost between 200-250 bucks.

If it doesnt transform then I assume most of the weight will be in the legs and the cannons will be ABS or some other sort of plastic.

The kit Im working on its going to be a resin cast kit of a destroid monster 1/60scale. I think I´ll finish it for december and in january I will put some copies for sale between 60 and 80usd

I´ll send some picks soon for you to rate my work.

60 - 80 usd sound very cheap to me for a 1/60 resin monster kit :blink:

A 1/48 monster will be around 45 cm high and 85 cm long if i'm right :o HUGE!!!

Maybe after the Monster apparition in Macross zero and the 1/100 KM and vf-0 they will reduce the Monster scale to 1/100.

Nothing wrong with a 1/48 Monster cept for space and shipping rates.

G-system has their 1/100 Deepstriker Gundam kit at 38 CM high and 86 CM long. Huge but one beautiful piece of artwork... When you see the details in such a big kit, it really makes the smaller toys look like bootlegs.

If we have to drop 250-300 for a plastic toy. It better have full posability (as much as a heavy tank can pose), full interior, openable cockpit, flaps, doors, full shells system, monster crew of 3, beer and pizza holder, and etc... and be on par or better than a PG Grade Gundam. Size is one thing, but Yamato is crazy if its just a big limited pose hollow shell.

stampede_valk,

I would love to see you pull it off but I'm holding back my reservations until I see pictures.

Edited by Neova

Can you imagine transforming a 1/60 monster?? I mean you would have to get up, walk around the model, change a part, and then walk back! That's insane!! Of course if Yamato can pull this one off and keep the price under the national deficit, I'd buy one. I just don't know where the heck I'd put it! :p

• 1 year later...

Been out of the macross loop for the most part, besides the usual 1/48 releases..

So sorry to bump an old thread... did a quick search about this figure and this is where the last info seemed to point.

Did Yamato completely cancel this destroid monster project?

Edited by StealthLurker

I dont have concrete answer for you. As far as i can see,

there hasnt been any news about a 1/60 being made by Yamato.

In the models section a theres a scratch built monster that been

offered as kit. i dont recall at the moment who made it but it is

very impressive and quite large. its a fantastic representation

of the Monster :) .The status of the kit appears to be up in the

air. I dont know if orders are still being taken for it. Or what

actually happened. I want one (that size) too but have other things

going on at the moment. :( mayeb it will gained momentum

again in the future.

Edited by Macross73

Maybe it would be better they ship this thing in pieces. I would have fun assembling the toy. Make the toy easy to disassemble and this way it will be easy to store and we can apreciate the insides of the toy ala fast pack kit for 1/48 valks.

206164[/snapback]

and how would you display it? i would get 2 and get a glass top and make a table out of them.

Did Yamato completely cancel this destroid monster project?

413804[/snapback]

Yes, they did. But we got a consolation prize: the 1/100 Koenig Monster :)

414086[/snapback]

Gee <_<

Boy <_<

Wow <_<

*as you can see I couldn't care less about the Koenig