Diamond Preview and Bandai Japan join forces!

Dangard Ace

The October issue of Previews features the first wave of toys and models from Bandai Japan, including fourteen all-new Gundam Seed model kits, and the latest releases in their world-renowned "Soul of Chogokin" (SOC) line. Bandai's SOC line is one of the most popular die-cast series in the toy company's long history. Part retro/tribute to the "chogokin" (metal or die-cast) toys of the '70s, and part modern marvels, the SOC series brings the stars of Japan's most popular and legendary animated series to life as high-end, ultra-detailed die-cast toys, all featuring an unheard-of level of articulation and craftsmanship.

Future releases from Diamond and Bandai will include:

• Soul of Chogokin: Super Robots such as Mazinger Z characters Garada K-7, Doublas M-2, and the "Mazinger's Angels" trio of Minerva-X, Diana-A, and Venus-A. Also scheduled for 2005 are high-end die-cast figures of Neon Genesis Evangelion's EVAs!

• Soul of Popynica: "Popynica" are die-cast vehicles and figures made in the classic style of Bandai ancestor, Popy, and are based on classic and recent anime, such as Kaneda's Motorcyle from Akira.

• SIC/Super Imaginative Chogokin: Hyper-detailed figures (usually with a motorcycle or vehicle) including the family of Kamen Rider characters.

• Gundam Fix Figuration: Deluxe, highly-articulated action figures of Gundam Mobile Suits, packed with weapons and accessories.

For the full article:

http://www.diamondcomics.com/pr/pr.asp?ai=13798&si=45

i saw the socs listed in this month's preview.

Diana-a: $50 usd

Minerva-x: $60

Venus-A: $50

GX-25 Garada K-7: $55

GX-26 Doublas M-2: $55

i imagine there are HK variants which may or may not be imported. anyone know if those list prices are excessive?

It also states they come in "original Japanese closed-box packaging". Scheduled to ship in Feb 05.

Other Japanese goodies:

Hellsing gasahpon (sp?)

Range Murata capsule toys (note it doesnt say which version they're selling)

Appleseed 3" articulated figures

FMA action figures

GS HG Kits (6 in total $10.99 to $15.99)

GS 1/100 Kits (4 @ $20.99-$22.99)

GS 1/60 Kits (3 @ $36.99 - $73.99)

.hack series 2 figures (Subaru and Black Rose)

All I want is a SOC Combattler V and I'll be happy. . .

I already have Dancouga and Zambot. . .

Anybody know where a Bro' can find one for sale???

(on or off-line)

This is indeed a good news. No more paying ridiculous price to those pesky HK sellers that are dishonest, although some are legitmate and honest.

I even had one HK seller offer to sell me a Toynami Alpha for $69.99 each, stating that he is offering to me at a wholesale price (Yes, I am in the US). Hmmmmm, I really want to know what is with some of these HK sellers.

By the way, I do not think SOC mazingers are being resissued at this time. You might still have to pay outrageous price, until it is reissued. This goes for other items, such as Voltes or other items that have been already released with no plan for reissue in the near future.

wow...GFF figures for less than 30!! YAY!!! :D :D

Where did you see the prices listed?

Will they be packaged identically to the Japanese originals or repackaged in cheapo looking packaging?

i just assumed they'd be less than 30 :unsure: since there's been a lot of japanese stuff that daimond has brought over here and most of the time the price of the products have lowered significantly