I got my Booster today!

Gundamhead

Nice work Cap'n! B))B))B))

Very fine scribing, little clean up. Yup, gonna be a fun build! I can't wait to see what people come up with on theirs!

For all you perfectionists, yes there are a couple of tiny flaws, but nothing a tiny bit of sandpaper and putty can't fix. Quitcherya whining and just build it! :D

Pretty fast delivery! The box arrived a little abused, seems whenever I get something from Canada, it gets kicked around some. BUT There was absolutely no damage to any part of my Booster, including it's box. Its box has a nice Booster pic from the lineart, and the Samurai Monkey logo. John knows how to pack a model for shipping so don't worry!

Very cool! B))

Cool lets see pics of the box and packaging. Since who knows when the next wave of kits will be sent out. Oops, didn't see the update in the for sale section, looks like they'll be sent out this week sometime.

Edited by Grayson72

Mine came today. Very impressive!

Random thoughts:

-- there's some serious undercuts, especially on the nozzle end. Yet no bits of torn rubber clinging to the resin. Helluva a casting job. Out of curiousity, if you don't mind, how many pulls are you getting from the molds?

-- mold seams so faint on mine they're almost invisible. Again, helluva a casting job. Cleanup is gonna be a breeze.

-- the "slots" where the legs go on mine will have to be drilled and filed - even if I ditch the kit parts, I'll still need to open those up. Because of the excellent engineering, this will be quick work with drill and file - there's noy much thickness to go through and I can get the file in from either side.

I have a basement full of kits, mostly garage and limited run because my interests tend to the .... obscure. Few are anywhere as nice as this one - and it's on the fast track to actually catching dust on a display shelf, as opposed to the box collecting dust and spider poop on a basement shelf.

Very well worth the price you asked, and I thank you for offering it. Can't wait to see what you folks have up your collective sleeves next.

Hi Onezero.

Glad you like the kit. You're absolutely right about the undercuts in the nozzle, and let me tell you that my fingers were quite raw from wrestling with the casting, trying "gracefully" to extract it from the mold everytime! :lol:

Surprisingly though, the molds seem to be good for about 25 castings, which was a bit more than I was expecting. Good mold release was critical for this however, as I don't think I would have been able to pull even 10 out of that mold without any release agent.

My boosters arrived late last week. I can honestly say that is the highest quality resin kit I have ever owned. The molding is phenomenal, even the lightest panel line details are faithfully reproduced. The main engines are complete works of art. I think I found 2 pinholes on one engine mounting piece and a bit of flash in the vent holes on the main halves.

Seriously, John, this is shweet. I've got some stuff by Tanmen, Club-M, Horizon, and various other U.S. producers of garage kits, and yours is by far the most impressive.

In another thread, there is discussion of justifying a $100 add-on to a $25 kit. Let me put it another way--

The $25 kit is the add-on.

KK

Yeah got a huge package from Jesse on Saturday, it was like friggin Christmas. Two boosters, my Dragon kit, a Catseye kit, and some leftover parts from the 1/48 YF-19 project I was waiting for.

The booster is amazing, I swear I don't know how you would go about creating something like that, it's so symetrical, so perfect, the detail is wonderfully on par with the Hasegawa kits. I can't wait to make one.

Got mine today, the kit is beautiful. I'm already planning color schemes.

BTW, thanks for the recycled packing material. I would rather have used newspaper than a bunch of evil styrofoam peanuts.

Besides, now I know how celebrity moms adjust to their brand new lives!

Thanks again guys!

John

yeah the kit is awsome I'm glad its not as complicating as a hasegawa vf 1 plane might be to make. I'm just rescribing the panel lines makin them deeper I just don't want to take the chance of loosing all that fine detail when I prime and piant it. I even tried to see what it would look like if I stuck my 1/60 vf 1s yamato in it which is impossible. Oh well I guess I have to try my best on making a vf 1s hasegawa :D

From Rich

My excuses if posting live auctions is not permited, but just saw this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5925406778&rd=1

Why double price and why lying on the product info?

Love it or hate it, just greed. There's a big discussion in the auction forum. There are no lies in the info that I'm aware of.

Too funny. Judgements are withheld, but I'm still pretty surprised it's Grayson.