Best Mech Toy. Ever.

Qrusader

The greatest mech toy ever is definately the good ol 1/55 "chunky monkey". It rules your ass and makes MP Prime look like the pussy he is. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Macross excluded...

Fine, then Jetfire is the greatest! :p:p

haha... loophole!!!

I'd say Opus wins! Based on insistence... :lol:

For Gene, King Nor, and the others wanting to know the differences between the Hasbro and Takara Prime's: Hasbro Prime has shortened stacks, painted on battle damage, and a black gun. Takara Prime has regular stacks, no battle damage, and a gray gun. I've taken some pictures of the two together to show the differences. The shortened stacks on the Hasbro Prime don't look that bad until you compare it to the Takara one.. :p They are ways to fix that though. And I do like the black gun, and the much lower current price tag. :)

Hasbro & Takara MP Primes:

Takara on the left and Stubby on the right

Edited by trueblueeyes

For those who PM'ed wanting one of the Hasbro Primes: I have received everyone's PM and I promise I will get back to you. But first, I want to go to the Meridian Wal-Mart tomorrow and pick up as many as I can. That way, I'll have them in hand ready to go ($30.00 + 7% MS sales tax + exact shipping = total...no handling charges and no scalping..just what it costs me). If they don't all sell, maybe I will get the nerve to customize one in an all black paint scheme and maybe one in an UM white paint scheme. :unsure: But I can tell you this...If you are a MIMB collector, these are *not* for you. The Hasbro Primes are packaged in window boxes. A couple of them were really bent up...and even the best looking ones have shelf wear from sitting on the aisle for so long. ;)

And just in case anyone is as paranoid as I am from all the recent MW scammers, you can call the store to verify. Meridian, MS Wal-Mart Supercenter on 1733 S. Frontage Rd. (601)485-2250. Prime is on the toy clearance aisle. :ph34r:

I don't mind doing this at all to help fellow MW'ers out, but if you want to save on shipping you might try calling your local Wal-Mart store first. This isn't the only Wal-Mart in my area to put MP Prime on clearance this week at this price...although the other store only had two of them and not a huge stock like the Supercenter does. So you never know...your local store may have them at this price too. :D Let's go out with a Hasbro Prime leg shot....replete with faux battle damage on the knees. (I wonder if the battle damage can be removed without damaging the finish and removing the base color?)

It's a tie between MP prime and my 1/48's, honestly.

If Prime had a bloody trailer and not some cardboard cut out, he's clean the 1/48, though...

...next in line.. Alternators

I love the fact I can pay twenty bucks for something so amazingly well thought out.

post-26-1094804967.jpg

Man, just looking at those amputated smokestacks makes me want to puke.

That Optimus Prime is for adults who grew up in the 80's. No freaking kid today would buy that Hasbro Prime and so what's the freaking point with the stacks? They should have just made Hasbro Prime a mail order only toy so that the chances of a small kid buying it would be slim. ........Stupid dumbasses!

:angry:

Edited by SupremeKaioshin

For those who PM'ed wanting one of the Hasbro Primes: I have received everyone's PM and I promise I will get back to you. But first, I want to go to the Meridian Wal-Mart tomorrow and pick up as many as I can. That way, I'll have them in hand ready to go ($30.00 + 7% MS sales tax + exact shipping = total...no handling charges and no scalping..just what it costs me). If they don't all sell, maybe I will get the nerve to customize one in an all black paint scheme and maybe one in an UM white paint scheme. :unsure: But I can tell you this...If you are a MIMB collector, these are *not* for you. The Hasbro Primes are packaged in window boxes. A couple of them were really bent up...and even the best looking ones have shelf wear from sitting on the aisle for so long. ;)

And just in case anyone is as paranoid as I am from all the recent MW scammers, you can call the store to verify. Meridian, MS Wal-Mart Supercenter on 1733 S. Frontage Rd. (601)485-2250. Prime is on the toy clearance aisle. :ph34r:

thanks for all the info trueblueeyes. :)

the battle damage and shortened stacks don't bother me a bit. its either $100 for the japanese version or $30 for the hasbro version....i'm going with the hasbro version. :D

while i'm a avid(macross) box collector, it doesn't matter to me what condition its in. for all i care, you can wrap up the prime box with paper and stick a label on it as i'm going to toss the box anyway. :p

i'd check my local walmart but i can't remember the last time i even saw one, so i'm definitely down for the deal. just let me know, and i'll shoot you some loot!

thanks for hooking us up! :):):)

For those who PM'ed wanting one of the Hasbro Primes:  I have received everyone's PM and I promise I will get back to you.  But first, I want to go to the Meridian Wal-Mart tomorrow and pick up as many as I can.  That way, I'll have them in hand ready to go ($30.00 + 7% MS sales tax + exact shipping = total...no handling charges and no scalping..just what it costs me).  If they don't all sell, maybe I will get the nerve to customize one in an all black paint scheme and maybe one in an UM white paint scheme.  :unsure:  But I can tell you this...If you are a MIMB collector, these are *not* for you.  The Hasbro Primes are packaged in window boxes.  A couple of them were really bent up...and even the best looking ones have shelf wear from sitting on the aisle for so long.  ;)

And just in case anyone is as paranoid as I am from all the recent MW scammers, you can call the store to verify.  Meridian, MS Wal-Mart Supercenter on 1733 S. Frontage Rd. (601)485-2250.  Prime is on the toy clearance aisle.  :ph34r: 

I don't mind doing this at all to help fellow MW'ers out, but if you want to save on shipping you might try calling your local Wal-Mart store first.  This isn't the only Wal-Mart in my area to put MP Prime on clearance this week at this price...although the other store only had two of them and not a huge stock like the Supercenter does.  So you never know...your local store may have them at this price too.  :D  Let's go out with a Hasbro Prime leg shot....replete with faux battle damage on the knees.  (I wonder if the battle damage can be removed without damaging the finish and removing the base color?)

Thanks trueblueeyes. I just want the black gun for my Takara one. :D My friend wants the hasbro one. He is like haterist aka cheap bastard. :p

As for the Voltron, I wouldnt get it yet. I was the lucky ones with the Alpha. I saw what you got for your alpha. That sucks. Now the old Voltron, I have that. Those rock especially the one overseas where they have their own lion weapons. I got the nice one MIB from S. Korea. Instead of chrome, it has brass in those areas. I will need to get pics to post later.

Edited by Godzilla

Anything that Yamato will be pumping this November! Konig!

Possibly the Garland and perhaps the 1/60th monster would be my next favorite. Any new toy is my favorite. There isn't any toy in the past that strikes me as the best, maybe because I've never seen one in person. SOC Voltes 5 would probably score pretty high in my favorite list also when thy make it.

Hopefully the VF-19 Fast Pack as well. But we will have to see... <_<

When I was a kid I fell in love with the headmasters decepticon combiners darkwing and dreadwing. I like the white one... cause it looks like a valkyrie :) they are quitegood proportioned if you compare it to other transformers in that period... that was cause I didn't knew there was a "jetfire" toy..

I was getting bored of transformers untill the day my parents rented a tape with "masterforce" which was pretty cool... it was a pitty to see my european classmates to buy those toys but didn't saw it in action on TV lol :lol:

wow damn im getting a strange feeling in my belly watching these pics... it was like a boys dream at that time.

These are toyarchive.com pics:

DarwingWithGun1b.jpg

DarwingWithGun1a.jpg

DreadwingInc1b.jpg

DreadwingNoParts1b.jpg

post-26-1094849973_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kin