Question about current prices

Stampeed Valkyrie

Ok, I have been looking around lately for both Max and Millia 1/55 Bandai Reissues. I already have a set, which prompted someone I know to want a set. Ok so here is the kicker these used to pop up on Ebay every once in a blue moon but lately no luck. Well it looks like he may have found a lead on both MISB. So my question is what are these things going for now? When I picked mine up I paid about $80 for Max and $60 for Millia. With nobody selling them lately and no one talking about them what is the going rate now? I told him what i paid as a start but that was quite some time ago. Any help would be appreciated so that way I know he isnt getting nailed.

Rob :ph34r:

I sold a pair in Excellent-NM condition to a fellow MWer for about $200 total, but I see a couple eBay auctions that ended recently where a Max & Millia went for $370+. The MWer that I sold mine to apparently tried to resell them for $80 each, but I don't know if he sold them or not. Here's the thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=10455

Edited by ewilen

Er... how could HG dictate Bandai's actions? Japan is the one country where HG has NO control over Macross merchandising.

I'm more inclined to believe that Bandai limited the production numbers of the Max and Milia valks becuase the Hikaru, Roy, and Cannon Fodder versions that came before them sold so poorly. Bandai saw that they over-produced them quite a bit, and wasn't willing to risk further losses on the M&M valks. So they ended up producing much fewer of them. And aparently even they didn't sell well enough to convince Bandi to do a second production run of them.

HG or somebody? i don't remember exactly who was behind it but someone filed something against bandai and the M&M prices skyrocketed when the info was released.

does someone? anyone? remeber any of this? :unsure:

nope...

pretty much how Valkyrie spelled it out...

Approximately two years ago, I paid $120 for the Max & Milia. It came from Hong Kong. In my opinion, they are worth some where around $100 each. However, the most recent value of the M&M Valkyrie 1/55 (from eBay auction) is much more. They both ended at $185. In mint unused condition and used for display. Here's the auction number:

1. VF-1J Valk 1/55 Max Item number: 5917917610

2. VF-1J Valk 1/55 Milia Item number: 5917918219

Now if I was to pay that price for them, I minus well get the original Takatoku. If Bandai only started off the reissues 1/55 with the M&M, i'm pretty sure it would sell well since they are popular and they are in pairs too. And if "HG" was the caused of the limited production of the M&M, they could have at least work something out w/ Bandai because obviously there are demands for the M&M Valk 1/55.

Its like going out with a group of top-notch babes/chicks and if one of them don't give in, the rest will follow. Thanks alot there ahh...."HG" for messing up my game! I mean its not like a women where they come and go.

Ryver--

U.S. Navy

I remember this pretty clearly as to why Bandai halt all production of the Chunky Monkeys after Max & Millia. Valkyrie pretty much nailed it. Bandai's only intent was to cash in on the high demand for 1/55 valkyries. Back 2-3 years ago, Takatoku and Bandai's original valkyries were selling at insane prices. To test the market, Bandai released Hikaru's VF-1J and it sold like hotcakes. Afterwards they decided to reissue the rest of the Takatoku line and even modified the heatshield plates. They flooded the market with the reissues and the demand died really fast. The reissues literally sat on store shelves for months collecting dust. Max & Millia were still in production when Bandai put a halt to operations. Even at a lower production run, Max & Millia did not sell well in Asia. I remember members here saying they found stores that still had them collecting dust on shelves while the folks over here in the U.S. were paying high prices for them. HG had nothing to do with this. It's not even within their rights to tell Bandai to cease production since their license only extends within the U.S.

I remember this pretty clearly as to why Bandai halt all production of the Chunky Monkeys after Max & Millia.  Valkyrie pretty much nailed it.  Bandai's only intent was to cash in on the high demand for 1/55 valkyries.  Back 2-3 years ago, Takatoku and Bandai's original valkyries were selling at insane prices.  To test the market, Bandai released Hikaru's VF-1J and it sold like hotcakes.  Afterwards they decided to reissue the rest of the Takatoku line and even modified the heatshield plates.  They flooded the market with the reissues and the demand died really fast.  The reissues literally sat on store shelves for months collecting dust.  Max & Millia were still in production when Bandai put a halt to operations.  Even at a lower production run, Max & Millia did not sell well in Asia.  I remember members here saying they found stores that still had them collecting dust on shelves while the folks over here in the U.S. were paying high prices for them.  HG had nothing to do with this.  It's not even within their rights to tell Bandai to cease production since their license only extends within the U.S.

Yeah but its HG's fault that Bandai couldn't put em up at the TRU shelves so that people could buy the re-coloured blue jetfire even though the same toys were gathering dust in asia.

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter