The Official Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread

Indeed: it was great. It seems this show is finally going somewhere near what made the success of the original :)

Hopefully, the remaining episodes will be available soon...

SPOILER ALERT!

Ok, so if we now have Buster Machine #7, we know that there are three of them we don't know about between Buster Machine #3 and #7 - interesting to find out why there was such a HUGE upgrade from 3 to 7, but a big downgrade from 7 to the Dix-Neuf (#19?) with the more recent ones being relatively at that level.

I think we need a side story! And what happened to the Gunbuster Corps, and why do they look so alien, and why did #7 lose its memory, etc etc? A lot of loose ends to tie up here!

Just watched no.4, I thought it was very confusing but that doesn't stop it from being entertaining.

BM No. 7 was actually quite cool, I didnt like the idea when it was suggested earlier but it came off very well.

The animation has been pretty good from the start but it was absoluetly amazing in this episode. all the spacey effects and exploisons are so pretty. :D

Its confusing figuring out what the relationship between Topless and Buster Machine is now. They all refered to the variable gravity well as an alien Topless, so what is a topless then? Its certainly not just a Buster Machine pilot in this case. Is it any being with super powers?

So with the arrival of a true space monster, does that mean all the aliens before they were fighting were just parts of the Buster Corps gone wild and uncontrolled until Buster Machine 7 became aware again?

Diebuster will be revealed in next episode... I'm hoping it doesn't look as goofy as the existing Buster Machines.

Well... I've just finished rewatching all four of the currently released fansubs, and while my take on it for the moment is still bordering on the "okay" side of things, this series may gradually be somewhat to my liking. I still hate the mecha designs and the whole special powers thing though...

The one thing you really need to keep in mind is that its not a sequel, its a re-imaging. Its still a homage piece, just of a different era of anime.

358634[/snapback]

I think you and a few people have said this a few times, but I just can't blind myself saying this isn't a sequel..or make myself believe it isn't a sequel.. :lol:

Oh well...at least its entertaining. Love how the Klutz became from Zero to hero. ;)

Here's something to think about. If the alien monsters think that humanity is a virus or dangerous cell that it couldn't defeat what if it decided to attempt a slow take over by co-existing and then interchanging genetic materials. Then thousands of years later the 'Topless' comeabout. The G-corps then isolates the Sol system via the Red Milklyway. It also helps to explain why humanity doesn't have warp travel.

Or maybe the aliens have only Sol as their last refuse and the G-corps are their to prevent it spreading.

*shrugs*

This is since we now know that the current 'Buster machines aren't really machines but hybrids, it also goes a long ways towards explaining the 'Busters start-up method.

Seven, actually makes an interesting point about NONO and her relationship with the G-corps. TOTALLY possible given how they(several dozen thousand ships) missed actually hitting NONO's ship and could've destroyed her at any given time. And also completely ignored the Buster machines in their attack on the Space Monster!

Frankly just watching those ANNOYING twins get wasted in such comedic fashion, yes it was comedic, was well worth downloading it twice! And I totally love that whitehole weapon that space monster uses!!! :D

Interesting theories, chrono. To add to your theory, I think the space monsters they have been fighting all this while weren't the buster corps nor the original space monsters from Gunbuster. They were probably another alien faction or something that were at war against the original space monsters. The buster corps were probably designed after the new faction and are quite robotic looking. (They have mono-eyes :p)

Seven, actually makes an interesting point about NONO and her relationship with the G-corps. TOTALLY possible given how they(several dozen thousand ships) missed actually hitting NONO's ship and could've destroyed her at any given time. And also completely ignored the Buster machines in their attack on the Space Monster!

Not really. There was a buster machine which was pierced into pieces by space monsters and After the battle, you could see that Diex Neuf was pierced by a buncha them as well. Not to mention a whole army of them coming at Nono before she did a GBP/laser attack.

I was rewatching Gunbuster for old time's sake, and found out in episode 3, there was a Min May lookalike in the girl's locker room. :lol:

But more importantly, during the battle of Leaf 63, they explained that the space monsters planted eggs in stars and at the end of the episode, a space monster emerges from Leaf 63 which looks ALMOST exactly like the Variable Gravity whatchamacallit from Top2 ep4. I know Titan isn't a star but a moon, but it wasn't there to be hatched. The Top2 space monsters buried it there where it lay dormant for many years.

Edited by wolfx

wolfx,

Take a look at the "aliens" that come down during the time 15:19-21, 18:05-07, 18:22-25, 20:23-20:25, 22:37-46, & including the GB#7's controlled(25:29, 25:42, 26:15-16, 26:55, 27:10-11, 27:18-20) They ARE completely differ in type when compared to the 'Varible Gravity' -creatures- that it shots(conjection, but come-on they give it away when ever those things are on the screen and the VG has 'cannon' like openings on it) at 22:16-18, 23:17, and 25:53.

Trent-Trois bared skeleton(20:11), what a skeleton? When did Buster Machines have organic body's?(21:58-22:01). Also when they remaining 2 are getting ready to be blasted right before they pan past

Also the main reason I'm saying that the Red Milkly Way is actually a shell of G-corps is the way NONO gives her title. "Terran Imperial Space Fleet" WTF! The last time I saw Imperial anything with japan attached to it was WW2! "Sixth Generation Interstellar Cruising Decisive Weapon", Interstellar being somewhat of a point(besides the whole warp thingie). Those totally hints at something larger in scope. Of course the name also may come from those military idiots from episode 2

What really smokes my points & theory is 26:44 & 16:35. The first is an 'alien' getting cut in half by a Buster machine and the second is the VGW getting cut-up. Both showing internal organs.

D'OH!

So it's beginning to look like maybe the humans intentionally made the Buster unit's organic in hopes of getting 'equal' firepower. Hell it makes sense to copy an enemy's designs. What that guy says after NONO leaves gives the impression of disbelieve in what he saw. Then with NONO claiming "by WARP" is a tip-off that they've not had Warp travel or intentionally not used it. That's interesting because didn't human's ability to use warp alert the aliens to their presence in the first one?

Soooooo since the orginal GB was 2 units what or 'who' will make-up the Die-Buster? Or will it be a single unit because they've already had 1 combiner in the show already? Maybe they'll pull an Orgun, Izier1, or even a Figure!?!

A beatiful amount of Red Herrings to follow, that's fer sure! :D

Take a look at the "aliens" that come down during the time 15:19-21, 18:05-07, 18:22-25, 20:23-20:25, 22:37-46, & including the GB#7's controlled(25:29, 25:42, 26:15-16, 26:55, 27:10-11, 27:18-20) They ARE completely differ in type when compared to the 'Varible Gravity' -creatures- that it shots(conjection, but come-on they give it away when ever those things are on the screen and the VG has 'cannon' like openings on it) at 22:16-18, 23:17, and 25:53.

I can't say I'm 100% sure, but i doubt the Jupiter Express aliens are Nono's Buster corps. They probably just looked similar.

I just rewatched Gunbuster to refresh my memory. The center of the Milky Way was destroyed along with most of the original space monsters by creating a black hole bomb aka Buster Machine 3. In it was Jupiter, which was used as mass to feed the chain reaction of the bomb. So far, the space monsters in Top 2 seem to be more of an annoyance....a locust plague that happens every now and then, and they're called the Jupiter Express. Hmmm.... i wonder why. Did that black hole which sucked the original space monsters opened another warp for other aliens to come through?

Trent-Trois bared skeleton(20:11), what a skeleton? When did Buster Machines have organic body's?(21:58-22:01). Also when they remaining 2 are getting ready to be blasted right before they pan past

Yes they did....or at least they looked like they did. I'm quite sure the original Gunbuster is entirely mechanical, but its endoskeleton and inner parts does look sort of like a human's.

Also the main reason I'm saying that the Red Milkly Way is actually a shell of G-corps is the way NONO gives her title. "Terran Imperial Space Fleet" WTF! The last time I saw Imperial anything with japan attached to it was WW2! "Sixth Generation Interstellar Cruising Decisive Weapon", Interstellar being somewhat of a point(besides the whole warp thingie). Those totally hints at something larger in scope. Of course the name also may come from those military idiots from episode 2

The Terran Imperial Space fleet were the original government in Top 1. I assume it has been disbanded since none of their markings exist in Top 2. The Imperial Space Force's logo looks like the shape which Nono's buster corp when they are in formation, on top of Gunbuster's head, and ALSO during 23:21, Nono's usual cross shaped pupils open a crescent, forming somewhat like the Imperial/Gunbuster logo.

And interesting to note, that Dix-Neuf and all the Buster machines in Top 2 are named after latin numbers, whereas the old Buster machines were named after normal numbers. Dix-Neuf is latin for 19. I didn't bother to find out the rest. :p But this means that Nono is no. 7 of the old generation Buster Machines, and not the same line as those used by the Topless now. I hope this answers Jvalk's question.

Jvalk's original question:

Ok, so if we now have Buster Machine #7, we know that there are three of them we don't know about between Buster Machine #3 and #7 - interesting to find out why there was such a HUGE upgrade from 3 to 7, but a big downgrade from 7 to the Dix-Neuf (#19?) with the more recent ones being relatively at that level.

BM-3 was the Black Hole bomb in Top 1. ;) I would say concerning levels of technology, we'll give it the "Lost Technology" spin ere. XD

Back to chrno:

What really smokes my points & theory is 26:44 & 16:35. The first is an 'alien' getting cut in half by a Buster machine and the second is the VGW getting cut-up. Both showing internal organs.

We don't know what the new BUster machiens are, but like you suggested, they are probably hybrids. But yes, the VGW IS one of the original space monsters from Top 1. I have no doubts about that now.

What that guy says after NONO leaves gives the impression of disbelieve in what he saw. Then with NONO claiming "by WARP" is a tip-off that they've not had Warp travel or intentionally not used it. That's interesting because didn't human's ability to use warp alert the aliens to their presence in the first one?

How did you know that they don't use warp anymore in Top 2? I'm not sure about that. But in Top 1, they had to use warp to avoid the enemy's detection of Sol. The space monsters won't be alerted to their presence. It was only when they came out of warp, and back into physical space that the space monsters detected their heading towards Sol.

And about their disbelief on Nono's warp.....you'd need a WARP DRIVE (forgot what they called it in Top) which Nono is obviously too small to have. Usually warp drives are on capital ships.

Soooooo since the orginal GB was 2 units what or 'who' will make-up the Die-Buster? Or will it be a single unit because they've already had 1 combiner in the show already? Maybe they'll pull an Orgun, Izier1, or even a Figure!?!

I wouldn't be surprised if they made an Evangelion parody out of Diebuster. :lol: The buster machines are already organic....hehehe....its 50% eva already. :p

Anyway, I want to know what our resident Top no.1 fan and expert, Noriko has to say. ;)

And about their disbelief on Nono's warp.....you'd need a WARP DRIVE (forgot what they called it in Top) which Nono is obviously too small to have. Usually warp drives are on capital ships.

Nice thought, but it doesn't work. Mainly because it takes 3 weeks for NONO to get to Pluto(via Charon) by ship. Even if it was an econo-carrier that she rode in I doubt people would want to fly below warp speeds that far out.

But now that we know that NONO is a Buster it's safe to say that her 'warp engine' is slightly more sophicated then the ones in Top1. ;) Besides how did she warp directly into the planet anyways! :D LOL!

Anyway, I want to know what our resident Top no.1 fan and expert, Noriko has to say. ;)

358932[/snapback]

Most of you out there already know how I feel about this series, but I'm reserving my final judgement on it until after I see the final episode and see how they are supposed to tie this series in with the first one. I for one do not believe the alien Uchuu Seijin are the same as the Uchuu Kaijuu in the original Top 1. However, this story gets weirder and weirder as it goes by, which is why I would like to wait until the end. A lot of you do make some interesting points though, and it will be exciting to see how things pan out.

Nice thought, but it doesn't work. Mainly because it takes 3 weeks for NONO to get to Pluto(via Charon) by ship. Even if it was an econo-carrier that she rode in I doubt people would want to fly below warp speeds that far out.

359079[/snapback]

But maybe it was intentional. The twins wanted Nono to be detected to draw the space monsters away. We know warp is still possible by the space aliens though since they warped from Saturn to Pluto to give chase to Nono. Not too sure if the humans can still warp or not.

And refresh my memory if someone could tell me what a "Nonoriri" is.

359252[/snapback]

:lol:

Last time I saw that word was to describe a shape of either meat bun or rice ball, of course those spells were probably wrong. ;)

359634[/snapback]

That's ONIgiri. :p

THey're usually riceballs with umeboshi in the center. ;)

Dang!?! :o I want one too. But I can't afford 700 bucks for it :(

NEW!!

完全変形ガンãƒã‚¹ã‚¿ãƒ¼ -特典付ã- ¥62,790(税込)

*2006年春発売開始予定。(発売時期・仕様等予告ãªãé…延・変更ã™ã‚‹å ´åˆãŒã”ã–ã„ã¾ã™ï¼‰

※ãŸã ã„ã¾ã‹ã‚‰ã®ãŠç”³ã—è¾¼ã¿ã§ã™ã¨ã€ã€Žç¬¬ï¼’期分ã”予約ã€ã¨ãªã‚Šã€ç¬¬ï¼‘期分よりãŠã‚ˆã1ヶ月後ã®ç™ºé€ã¨ãªã‚Šã¾ã™ã€‚

※ãŠç”³ã—è¾¼ã¿ã®ãŠå®¢æ§˜ã«ã¯ã€å‡ºè·æ™‚期ã®è©³ç´°ãŒæ±ºå®šæ¬¡ç¬¬ãŠçŸ¥ã‚‰ã›ã„ãŸã—ã¾ã™ã€‚

Edited by Gunbuster

Dang!?!  :o  I want one too. But I can't afford 700 bucks for it  :(

That's what's bugging me about this piece. Perfect Change Getter Robo was around $500usd and it's arguable MORE intricate then this since it changes into all 3 Getter robots. This only has two ships that merge into Gunbuster and it's at least $200usd more?! It better be much taller and have more gimmicks the PCGR to justify that extra price increase.

I've got a bonus coming to me in about a month. It's gonna be about $1000, so I may just blow it on one of these. However, being the Gunbuster fanatic that I am, I really have misgivings about paying that much money for what amounts to just a toy. Then again, I may just say f--k it and buy the thing, then sell it on eBay a few years down the road calling it the "SUPER RARE STUDIO HALFEYE TRANSFORMING GUNBUSTER ROBOT". or something like that.

Dang!?!  :o  I want one too. But I can't afford 700 bucks for it  :(

NEW!!

完全変形ガンãƒã‚¹ã‚¿ãƒ¼ -特典付ã- ¥62,790(税込)

*2006年春発売開始予定。(発売時期・仕様等予告ãªãé…延・変更ã™ã‚‹å ´åˆãŒã”ã–ã„ã¾ã™ï¼‰

※ãŸã ã„ã¾ã‹ã‚‰ã®ãŠç”³ã—è¾¼ã¿ã§ã™ã¨ã€ã€Žç¬¬ï¼’期分ã”予約ã€ã¨ãªã‚Šã€ç¬¬ï¼‘期分よりãŠã‚ˆã1ヶ月後ã®ç™ºé€ã¨ãªã‚Šã¾ã™ã€‚

※ãŠç”³ã—è¾¼ã¿ã®ãŠå®¢æ§˜ã«ã¯ã€å‡ºè·æ™‚期ã®è©³ç´°ãŒæ±ºå®šæ¬¡ç¬¬ãŠçŸ¥ã‚‰ã›ã„ãŸã—ã¾ã™ã€‚

361937[/snapback]

If it was going for $150 I might pick it up. $700 is a bit too steep.

As much as I'd love to have that kit, I don't think I'm gonna get it.

If I REALLY wanted to get it, I could probably swing the $610 (plus shipping) that it'd cost me. But I just can't justify it. Not when it's only 8.5" tall.

I'll just build my General Products 1/500 resin kits of the Gunbuster and Buster Machines one of these days. They'll be bigger and look beter anyway.

But I've gotta say, I'm VERY impressed with the enngineering of the kit. And how it includes pretty much every gimmisk the Gunbuster has. Even some that weren't used in the series :D

New news.  If this info from Toysdaily is correct.....there's going to be a SOC Gunbuster!

http://www.toysdaily.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30868

Semi-confirmed by googling for SOC GUnbuster and others on this website.

http://shop.twcomics.com/product_info.php?products_id=6392

363100[/snapback]

Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but this has nothing to do whatsoever with the series we all know and love. It is totally non-related.

New news.  If this info from Toysdaily is correct.....there's going to be a SOC Gunbuster!

http://www.toysdaily.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30868

Semi-confirmed by googling for SOC GUnbuster and others on this website.

http://shop.twcomics.com/product_info.php?products_id=6392

363100[/snapback]

Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but this has nothing to do whatsoever with the series we all know and love. It is totally non-related.

363173[/snapback]

Why do you say that? If you're basing it on the characters, that's all chinese characters, non japanese so it won't look like the Japanese title.

Oh and I found a webpage with SRW Gunbuster(in Chinese). It matches the characters in for GX-36, 鋼巴斯塔 = Gan Ban Tse Lao(cantonese).

http://allgames.gamesh.com/srw/wenxian/jit...f/gunbuster.htm

Non related? You mean there's another robo called Gun Buster or something?

I hope its true though, and i think its very plausible for it getting the SOC treatment.