VFA-6H Alpha Issues

Drad

How is the workmanship on your Alpha?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. How is the workmanship on your Alpha?

• The one I got was fine, no problems. I'm completely satisfied.
    • Minor problems. Paint, loose parts, but nothing broken. Nothing that detracts from my enjoyment of the toy. I'm satisfied.
    • Minor breakage after handling.
    • Major breakage after handling.
    • Minor damage right out of the box.
    • Major damage right out of the box.
    • This thing exploded in my hands! I'm pissed!

Time to see what we can see... B))<_<:(

Provide details, positives and negatives, etc. if you want. Thanks.

EDIT: This poll assumes that you handle your Alpha reasonably and in a way that would not typically cause damage. The "exploded" option covers anything from massive breakage/damage to just plain bad or unsatisfactory for any number of reasons. There ya go, Evil Jeebus. Just for you. :lol:

Edited by Drad

Okay I just got this toy last week but didn't know where to issue the problems so here thay are. There was a weird paint chip on the foot almost look like a metal shaving with bule paint stuck to it. The missles hatchs are very delicate they come right off with a little pressure but I super glued mine back on its becasue of the glue they use in the first place is too weak to hold the hatch in place. the missle placement on the arms are way too low you can barely see the missles tray becasue it's covered by the fore arm. the size of the feet are ridculous. The size of the alpha is like a 1/144 scale I understand the size because if they add on a beta fighter it would be huge. The weight of the toy nice very heavy. When in battloid mode the arms barely lock in place with the shoulder. Please be careful with the hatch on the back for the shoulder missle because it pops off easily. On the back right below the shoulder missle mounting hatch there is another hatch I thought i could pull it out but don't do that becasue you actually suppose to push it in so the canopy can conform to the central body better. i think the hardest part about transforming the alpha is the shoulders. this toy is only worth like 65 bucks. I would wait for the second variation after the 3 thousand mark because the chest intakes will be gray not light blue and I'm sure the qc problems will be less hopefully. Well there's my two cents after playing with the toy for like 2 hours and super gluing the missle hatches back where they belong the toy i give it a 7.5 out of 10. not really suppose to handle the toy too much just pose it.

From Rich :)

good luck with your toys

i'll try to post up some pics

Another MPC poll without a selection for me...

I wanted a selection that read:

"Mine is loose as a goose, put together by blind midgets out of the worst materials known to man... nothing is broken but the toy is so disappointing that I loathe it"

(See also MPC thread for my list of poor and slapdash issues with my toy)

Edit: well crap. I submitted a null vote to see the results. And how many times must I say I'm no longer evil jesus! With my haircut and color with shave I now am evil blonde guy from Queer Eve for the Straight Guy just ungay... or mod hair Kenny G as my employees call me now.

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

12 for and 7 against. That's not a very good ratio so far.

Mine is in good shape, and I'm totally happy with it. Hopefully everyone with a damaged or loose one gets new ones, or refunds from Toynami.

Has anyone called Toynami? Here's their e-mail address. Let us know what response you get.

info@toynami.com

Edit: well crap. I submitted a null vote to see the results. And how many times must I say I'm no longer evil jesus! With my haircut and color with shave I now am evil blonde guy from Queer Eve for the Straight Guy just ungay... or mod hair Kenny G as my employees call me now.

Dude, your employees are merciless.

I prefer Ungay Jay. :lol:

Seriously, I bet they come up with a new name for you like every six weeks or so, probably. Sounds like a fun place to work.

Back on topic.. so far the results of the poll are looking pretty poor for Toynami. :ph34r:

I'm pretty satisfied with mine. The only major problem I had was that the right arm was loose at the shoulder. Looks like it is missing a rubber washer.

I e-mailed Toynami but this was after I detailed my Alpha so I don't think they will be exchanging me with a new one. The just of the e-mail to them was to tighten up on their qc.

BTW

I think I just fixed the loos joint with...Elmers Glue All :lol: A little bit of that in there seams to have tightened up that shoulder :D I'll know if it really works in the morning. If it does work, I will be really satisified :)

Edited by SDFcommander

Kinda makes me wonder how this poll would do over at RT.com. Would they be completely honest or would their fanboyishness for the license prevent them from voting honestly? I checked out their forums earlier today, and one guy who bought two Alphas went so far as to say that they're 'awesome' even though he'd stated that one of his Alphas had a number of things that kept it from being as good as it could've been, while the other Alpha he got was a piece of crap. From where I'm standing, that's a 50% rating, maybe less if you count the problems on his "good" one.. that doesn't sound "awesome" to me at all. I know it's a matter of opinion and all, but gee. <_<

I'm satisfied with my Alpha. It looks great and there are some things that I really like about it.. but I won't downplay its flaws, either.

Edited by Drad

Kinda makes me wonder how this poll would do over at RT.com. Would they be completely honest or would their fanboyishness for the license prevent them from voting honestly? I checked out their forums earlier today, and one guy who bought two Alphas went so far as to say that they're 'awesome' even though he'd stated that one of his Alphas had a number of things that kept it from being as good as it could've been, while the other Alpha he got was a piece of crap. From where I'm standing, that's a 50% rating, maybe less if you count the problems on his "good" one.. that doesn't sound "awesome" to me at all. I know it's a matter of opinion and all, but gee. <_<

I'm satisfied with my Alpha. It looks great and there are some things that I really like about it.. but I won't downplay its flaws, either.

RT.com doesn't really care if you complain about Toynami's products, just so long as you don't mention any non HG-licensed products. For example, they'll ban you for simply saying that the MPCs are crap compared to Yamato 1/48s. They don't like seeing Yamato's name on their site since HG makes no money from their products. Apparently it's in the site's rules and regulations, so they banned me. Or maybe it was because I called them fascists (and many other colorful and vulgar names) when they removed my original post. HG can eat my shorts and ask for seconds.

For example, they'll ban you for simply saying that the MPCs are crap compared to Yamato 1/48s.

Well, it's HG/RT.com's own damned fault. Ban people who are being truthful just because the company's too greedy and lazy to ensure that money is going toward creating a quality product that (God forbid) lives up to its name? :o Masterpiece, my @$$. Barely a display piece, judging from the reports. If HG really cared they'd ride Toynami, and work with them to take steps to make sure that they don't let another turd slide out of the pipe. :angry:

Nice job. I can appreciate ROBOTECH, but Harmony Gold just sucks. I'm glad I play here instead. :)

Edited by Drad

Did anyone who bought an Alpha get one whose right arm was not floppy? It seems everyone's has a flopped-out right arm. I'm curious of any of them turned out right.

Well, for some reason, mine has a PERFECT right arm! The problem is with the left one though. I guess I'm one of the few lucky ones, low number and decent quality, not perfect, but decent. I'm satisfied with the Alpha, but I must admit, even mine has some issues. It has a bit of the floppy arm syndrome on the left arm, but besides that it's just fine. They only true problem I have with this is that, I don't know about the rest of you, but I want to play with it a bit. Change it back and forth, move it around. I have it now standing with a decent pose, and probably will leave it as is. I'm afraid I'll break it. Hopefully they'll fix the problems with the next batch and with the rest of the Alphas, cause I'm thinking about completing this set. If I can afford it!

<_< As stated and pictured in the other thread, mine has some paint smudges and the usual floppy arms syndrome. However, since I don't expect too much of this toy, and maybe I dont revere this thing as Master Piece..I think I'm quite satisfied with it...I take the alpha as a toy for playing (eventho you cant quite play around with it - flimsy joints, fragile plastics, bla-2...), not as a toy-model sorta thing...and its the only macross/Robotech toy I have applied the stickers on...since i really dont think it's worth keeping them with stickers unapplied...coz it just makes em look fugly... <_<

RT.com doesn't really care if you complain about Toynami's products, just so long as you don't mention any non HG-licensed products.

Sadly, I have learned that RT.com will take some kind of action if one posts a negative review of RT licensed products. When the 1st wave Macross Super-Poseable "Limited Edition" Set was released, I complained about how Toynami was just trying to dump off the remainder of their 1st wave SP when the 2nd wave was coming out in less then a month. My post was quickly deleted. <_<

As for the MPC Alpha, I have yet to see it myself. A friend looked it over and thought it looked quite nice with all the detail. Once the VAF-6R is released, I may grab that one, depending on how it looks and what people here think about the quality.

So far I have 2 and neither have any problems or loose right arms.  As it is I am very happy with mine.

Wow.. 2 outta 2! 100% problem-free... that's awesome, man. Enjoy them. :)

You're part of a very lucky minority. :lol:

Edited by Drad

• 3 weeks later...
For example, they'll ban you for simply saying that the MPCs are crap compared to Yamato 1/48s. They don't like seeing Yamato's name on their site since HG makes no money from their products.

Not to sidetrack the discussion.....

but what the f*ck does Yamato have to do with Alpha toys? They have never, to my knowledge, indicated that they would produce anything for Mospeada or Southern Cross....so complaining how much you think the VF/A-6H MPC sucks compared to the Yamato 1/48 VF-1 is a bit like complaining to Chevrolet how much you think the Black and Decker Power Tools are better than an S-10 Pickup Truck.

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

For example, they'll ban you for simply saying that the MPCs are crap compared to Yamato 1/48s. They don't like seeing Yamato's name on their site since HG makes no money from their products.

Not to sidetrack the discussion.....

but what the f*ck does Yamato have to do with Alpha toys? They have never, to my knowledge, indicated that they would produce anything for Mospeada or Southern Cross....so complaining how much you think the VF/A-6H MPC sucks compared to the Yamato 1/48 VF-1 is a bit like complaining to Chevrolet how much you think the Black and Decker Power Tools are better than an S-10 Pickup Truck.

He was referring to ROBOTECH.com's forum policies regarding the mention of competitors and their products. That's all.

i have one, my left arm pulled out completly out, although i think that may have been my fault, but for the most part it isn't that bad, but i can only say that because i don't have any of the original mospeda toys to compare to, this is my first one. besides if they make the beta to go with it, then i won't mind a few qc problems

He was referring to ROBOTECH.com's forum policies regarding the mention of competitors and their products. That's all.

What competitors? No one else produces Alpha/Legioss toys anymore.

You're taking his comment out of context. He was replying to someone who implied that people would be censored for criticizing Toynami stuff over at RT.com. What he said was that, no, you can criticize all you want, as long as you don't mention other products.

But if you want to argue about it, Yamato's valks do compete with Toynami's Alphas, since consumers have limited cash to spend on toys.