2004 Hobby Expo in Japan

Ivan

Maybe to make it more asthetically pleasing? How does it look like in the oav?

The CG pic of the VF-0S on the Bandai Visual Macross Zero site shows it as being 'V' shape.

Graham

Now I'm all clueless. :blink:

I'm guessing that the revised knee sculpt was to improve knee articulaltion.

I mean why change it to make it less anime accurate unless there is some reason to, like improving articulation or durability.

Graham

Maybe to make it more asthetically pleasing? How does it look like in the oav?

The CG pic of the VF-0S on the Bandai Visual Macross Zero site shows it as being 'V' shape.

Graham

Now I'm all clueless. :blink:

I'm guessing that the revised knee sculpt was to improve knee articulaltion.

I mean why change it to make it less anime accurate unless there is some reason to, like improving articulation or durability.

Graham

That makes sense.

if you notice the new knee is also curved more...probably to allow for better ballance/support in gerwalk mode...that could've been the reason why the figure was put up on a stand instead of having it's feet down and everything

if you notice the new knee is also curved more...probably to allow for better ballance/support in gerwalk mode...that could've been the reason why the figure was put up on a stand instead of having it's feet down and everything

Pretty much like the VF-11B, right?

Pretty much like the VF-11B, right?

you know...i was actually going to mention the yamato VF-11B...i just didn't because i wanted someone else to do it :p:lol::lol: but yeah they're pretty much just like the -11's knees :p

it would make sense and would be an added bonus...might boost demand for stands too

Dang! You beat me to the answer! It makes sense to me too, but the thing is, can the Yamato display stand take the weight of the VB-6?

Well, I'll display the two I'm going to buy in gerwalk mode and gerwalk mode (being gerwalk/destroid my favorite).

I' really don't care about displaying it with the stand.

By the way, didn't the stand come with clips to accomodate the different valkyries? Is there different types of clips according to each valk/scale? (I don't own the stand).

By the way, didn't the stand come with clips to accomodate the different valkyries? Is there different types of clips according to each valk/scale? (I don't own the stand).

The stand came with clips for the YF/VF-19, YF-21, VF-11, 1/60 VF-1, 1/48 VF-1 & Q-Rau. No clips for the VF-0S or VB-6 were included.

So yes, basically, each type of Valk has it's own separate clip and they are not interchangeable.

Graahm

The improvements are looking good. I still don't think I'll buy this one at retail due to the transformation system, but I'm hopeful that more sales will encourage Yamato to make a bigger one with a more accurate (perfect or semi-perfect) transformation. Or if a cheap 1/100 VF-0 pops up in the secondary market before then, I'll probably grab it.

One quick question~! Are the landing gears detachable ala YF-21? From this pic, it looks like the landing gears are meant to be detached, not folded into the fighter...

OR, has this been discussed before?

aaajin

post-4-1093895132_thumb.jpg

Edited by aaajin

I hope the fighter pic above is not what Yamato considers to be the correct VF-0A color, as while it looks nice and I wouldn't mine owning it, it is completely wrong as far as the anime goes.

The VF-0A in the anime is a sort of light beige color with tan trim.

Graham

This is the color scheme you are refering to, right Graham?

I like it but I'd prefer a more greyish beige (if that makes sense). Grey plastic rather than beige, would make the VF-0A look less toyish. That weathered light beige is hard to accomplish with plastic.

you mean more of a grey like this resin battroid kit?

another thing...i really hope yamato doesn't really decide on puting the intake warnings on....they should at least make those decals...they look fugly on the side of the intake <_<

post-4-1094057602.jpg

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

you mean more of a grey like this resin battroid kit?

another thing...i really hope yamato doesn't really decide on puting the intake warnings on....they should at least make those decals...they look fugly on the side of the intake <_<

Yes, I was thinking more on the grey side.

You are right about the intake warnings!!!

yeah i seriously hink the intake warnings stand out too much...that and they're too big...i really hope yamato decides against having those warnings put on...i'd much rather use the chunky stickers than have that loud, ugly marking

just noticed something...

when i was looking around on Neova's site i saw the earlier prototypes of the VF-0S and saw how they had the head lasers sticking out far out to the sides much they are now... :ph34r:

here's a pic so you can see what i'm sayin'

dh-mar-2004-page-2.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/temp/F...2004-page-2.jpg

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

This is the color scheme you are refering to, right Graham?

I like it but I'd prefer a more greyish beige (if that makes sense). Grey plastic rather than beige, would make the VF-0A look less toyish. That weathered light beige is hard to accomplish with plastic.

I like the beige and tan colors of the anime VF-0A better than grey, but I agree that it would probably be difficult to find the correct color of plastic to look good, unless the toy was fully painted.

HLJ has some nice photos of the painted Hasegawa VF-0A. Now that's how I'd like the toy to look.

Graham

I like the beige and tan colors of the anime VF-0A better than grey, but I agree that it would probably be difficult to find the correct color of plastic to look good, unless the toy was fully painted.

HLJ has some nice photos of the painted Hasegawa VF-0A. Now that's how I'd like the toy to look.

Graham

Yes, that is a great looking valk. I hope Yamato finds the correct color for the

VF-0A to look good.

I still wish Yamato would do more to fix the shape of the wings on the VF-0. You can see from the CG pic of the VF-0A that Ignacio Ocamica posted above how they should look, and the wings on the Yamato are still way off despite the recent resculpt.

While the wings on the Hasegawa kit are not perfect either, at least they are a damn sight closer to the anime than Yamato's effort.

Graham

yeah i seriously hink the intake warnings stand out too much...that and they're too big...i really hope yamato decides against having those warnings put on...i'd much rather use the chunky stickers than have that loud, ugly marking

wow... I never noticed the size of those intake warnings before... they are huge.

looking more and more like a definite pass on this thing..

I was only interested in the battroid in the first place, but with the bunny years and all... those intakes were kinda like the straw that broke the camels back.

here's hoping they have a larger prefect version in the pipe.