Takatoku and Bandai 1/55 Value

Agent-GHQ

hmm... Agent-GHQ?

Are you promoting "arafat209"? After reading all your replys you keep repeating his name. And is it just me or are you talking nothing but good about him.

Since you meet up with him to check out a valk,,did you talk a pic of the item? or better yet a picture of him?

:rolleyes::lol:

Hey what's up everyone! Thanks everyone for the positive replies and comments. Its very helpful comming from fans that share a common interest. In this reply, I would like to update my interactions with "Arafat209." But before I do I wanted to be clear and firm on a few things.

First, I have not met with him yet. The purpose of my visit is to evaluate his conduct/ behavior regarding business and the sales. Secondly, I would not call it a promotion, but an interview. I wanted to check out the merchandise and confirm whether the conditions are accurate as described in his auction site. Think of it this way, i'm the agent who will investigate the so called cunning "arafat209."

Please understand that i'm not doing this just for me. I'm doing this for all of us and i'll give you the up-to-date report. I dislike liars and deceptives people and I don't want anyone in "MW" to be a victim. I'm in the armed forced remember. My job is to shield you from harm! So let that be known my true Macross fans.

With that said, here's what happen when I conversated with "arafat209." Approximately 1400, I called him and introduced myself. We talked and agreed to meet up at his place. Everything sounded normal and legit. The meeting is this Saturday, which is 4Sept04. Then at approximately 1600, I received a called stating that his boxed items are not available because it will be shipped to "AFA"(Action Figure Authority) for grading. Yet, I can still swing by and check out his other Macross merchandise.

Hmmm.....do I sense something fishy here? Yes I do!! Again, i'm playing a patience predator waiting for the right moment to strike his prey. Why didn't he tell me that his boxed and sealed boxed are in route to be graded by "AFA." Why did he changed the date for meeting? Why did he cancelled the VF-1S Strike Valkyrie by Bandai 1/55 from eBay when I inquired about it? Hmmm....yeah this immediately raised an alert on my radar. But, I can't act impulsively. Not yet at least. I like to study my subject and learn from their behavior. No judgment or opinion, just the facts in the series of events. Documentation folks.

So stay tune for the "why" part folks. As I mentioned earlier, i'll give you an up-to-date report. Remember, I have not meet up with him yet.

Ryver-

U.S. Navy

Why even bother with the douchebag? The guys a known crook.

That is the exact question I have. Why even bother. Is this guy trying to prove something?????

Agent-GHQ, You have to understand that no one in there mind (Actually, those that have follow Araft from the begining) wants to know what happens (whether it turs out positive or negative experience). If you keep posting and later place positive result about Arafat, you are actually harming the MW community, rather than helping out.

Another thing, you are posting on a public forum, where Arafat can easily view. Maybe, he might be setting you up (Providing you with decent condition item(s) for you to post posiotive result for him).

Agent-HQG, if you want to play a role of "Agent". You might consider joining NCIS or other field that might suit you. Just do not post anything about the transaction on this board.

Why do I even bother posting this here, I let other members make their decisions.

Another thing to keep in mind Agent-GHQ, is that by making references to Arafat, you yourself will look extremely suspicious to many of us here. Arafat is well known for using multiple ID's to promote himself. After all, he used one of his alter egos to nominate himself to the Straighshooters list. :lol:

Bottom line, don't buy or sell anything to anyone who lives within 100 miles of Paterson, NJ!!! :D

Wow. Gotta love how all his "MIB" vintage Valks are all just thrown on a bed like that. He's a real collector, y'know. <_<

b8_1.JPG

(Gee, I feel like spending some hard-earned money. Don't you?)

Edited by Drad

Everyone has a good point. Much appreciation for the replies. Yeah, something is fishy about that town -- Paterson. Even my shipmates avoid that area. In case everyone is wondering whether "arafat209" is reading this forum, he is doing just that. So he knows exactly what's going on.

At this point, I must say that i'm beginning to feel suspicious about his sudden moves. I think i'll have to abort this mission. Eventhough, I really wanted to catch the lies in the act.

Someone mentioned that he uses multiple ID's. Well, this is true because I made contact with the buyer from one of his auctions, yet to no avail or reply. I mean that buyer only has 1 feedback. This shows suspicion!

Hmmm....does anyone know how this topic came about because if memory serve me right, I asked the current market value of the originals 1980's Valkyries 1/55.

uh dude just give it up man and like that dude in the navy seals movie says...

"AVOID IT"

I know your just trying to see if this dude is for real or not for yourself but its not worth actually visiting this dudes house just to see. All of macrossworld wouldnt be against him if he had a decent track record but as it is he does not. HAve I dealt with him? No. But still read all the accounts this forum has a lot of good sincere people and we're all about getting good macross product so undoubtedly they know which are the best and reliable sources to obtain from.

Hmmm....does anyone know how this topic came about because if memory serve me right, I asked the current market value of the originals 1980's Valkyries 1/55.

Because you brought up his name on the first page of this thread <_<

The seller of the Super Ostrich is from Paterson, NJ. His eBay user ID is "arafat209." He has tremandous wealth of original Macross toys 1/55. Anywhere from loose to MISB conditions. According to arafat209, his folks was in the service and stationed in Japan. That is were he got all his Macross valkyries. I do agree that $2,400 is way too much for the MISB Super Ostrich. Hopefully, Bandai will see the demand of the "DYRL" valkyries and reissue them. I sure wouldn't want to pay that kind of money on vintage toys.
Edited by dejr8bud