Takatoku and Bandai 1/55 Value

Agent-GHQ

What's up everyone! I would like your comments on what the original 1/55 series are worth. I don't know if this is just me, but it seems like the value of the original 1/55, from Takatoku and Bandai, are dropping. Obviously, the Bandai reissue affected its value. I mean even the VF-1S Strike Valkyrie is around $300-$200 MIB and unused. Just makes me wonder if Bandai has plans to re-release the Strike Valk, Elintseeker, and Super Ostrich. If Bandai offically remake them, the original will sure to drop in value drastically. I mean, why would anyone want to pay an arm and a leg when the reissue is identical w/ new features.

Anyways, back to my original topic, I would like your feedback on what you think is the current market value for the following items. All from the 80's. This will help determine the average prices that fans would pay. Oh, assuming its MIB/ unused condition and complete.

1. Bandai VF-1S Strike Valkyrie 1/55

2. Bandai VE-1 Elintseeker 1/55

3. Bandai Super Ostrich 1/55

4. Bandai VF-1A h. Ichijo 1/55

5. Takatoku VF-1S Fokker/Ichijo 1/55 (blk/yllw stripe)

6. Takatoku VF-1J H. Ichijo 1/55 (red stripe)

7. Takatoku VF-1J Maximilian 1/55 (blue)

8. Takatoku VF-1J Miriya 1/55 (red)

9. Takatoku VF-1A Kakizaki 1/55 (brown)

10. Takatoku VF-1S GBP-1S gift set 1/55

11. Takatoku VF-1S Super Valkyrie 1/55

Please provided me some feedback and what you think the value are if there're discrepancies to the toy such as decals applied, missing bullets, armor, discoloration/yellowing, broken tabs and so forth. Your feedback will definitely help us as a whole to determine where the common and average prices one would pay. Thanks everyone. Until then, i'll talk to you later my fellow Macross fans.

P.S. I happen to know a seller who's asking price for a "MISB" (that's right, Mint In Sealed Box) Super Ostrich for $2,400. Would you pay that much for it? If I was a celiberty status with lots of money, maybe I would. but as a common player, I think i'll pass on that.

Two things that might give you some kind of answer to your question -

1. Macrossworld. The actual site, not the forum, has pricing info in the toy reviews for older toys - here.

2. eBay. Do a search on Bandai or Takatoku and then click on "Completed Listings." This will show you actual, real world prices that individual toys have sold for very recently. You can't get much better info than that.

But it definitely seems that the Takatoku and Bandai toy values have dropped considerably since Bandai's reissues and Yamato valkyries were released. Most of the folks here consider that to be a good thing as the prices seemed inflated before and now most seem more realistic.

Here is a list of a combo of what I would pay or what i have paid...

1. Bandai VF-1S Strike Valkyrie 1/55 $250.00

2. Bandai VE-1 Elintseeker 1/55 $400-$50.00

3. Bandai Super Ostrich 1/55 $400.00

4. Bandai VF-1A h. Ichijo 1/55 $75.00

5. Takatoku VF-1S Fokker/Ichijo 1/55 (blk/yllw stripe) $150.00

6. Takatoku VF-1J H. Ichijo 1/55 (red stripe) $150.00

7. Takatoku VF-1J Maximilian 1/55 (blue) $200.00

8. Takatoku VF-1J Miriya 1/55 (red) $200.00

9. Takatoku VF-1A Kakizaki 1/55 (brown) $150.00

10. Takatoku VF-1S GBP-1S gift set 1/55 $300.00

11. Takatoku VF-1S Super Valkyrie 1/55 $250.00

that is assuming that they are all in nice shape with boxes..

hope that helps a bit..

It bears notice that the Takatoku section of MW doesn't have any pricing attached to it, it's just pictures. What's more, those prices haven't been updated since that part of the site went up several years ago (in short, those prices reflect a pre-yamato market)

The bandai "movie" valkyries really haven't gone down in price or collectablilty, since they weren't reissued. Really the only ones to suffer were the Takatoku line. Given the going rate for a loose good shape Takatoku (you can snag one for around $50 these days.. almost unheard of just 2-3 years ago) to a boxed one ($100-200), I'd say they've seriously lost market value.

2-3 years ago, we had people who would crawl all over one another to get at a boxed Max or Milia Takatoku for anything less than $250... given market options today (a replica in the same scale, decals PRINTED on, and without 20 years age attached to it, or a 1/48 super-detailed version), it's no surprise really that they've gone down.

Edited by Skull Leader

P.S. I happen to know a seller who's asking price for a "MISB" (that's right, Mint In Sealed Box) Super Ostrich for $2,400. Would you pay that much for it? If I was a celiberty status with lots of money, maybe I would. but as a common player, I think i'll pass on that.

I'd say that guy is off his F-ing rocker... at the height of 1/55 collecting (pretty much the 2 years before Yamato brought their valkyrie products on line), the most I ever saw a MISB Ostritch or 'Seeker go for was something like $1700.

That was minty fresh out of the case! Never opened, never breathed upon, NOTHING...

Now we live in a much more saturated market, if it were truely MISB, he couldn't expect to fetch more than $1000 for it (and he'd be really lucky to get that I bet)

Does the seller have a store in San Gabriel area in CA. If not, I think you found another seller that needs certain medical attention. I visited this store in SG several months ago. The owner of the store had all the Taka displayed on the shelf in respective boxes. Anyways, I ask one of the sales person what price the store owner was looking to get for VE-1, the salesperson told me that the owner wants at least $2500. :o:o Well, the salesperson spoke to the owner and came back and told me that he can sell it for $2700 out the door. :lol::lol:

As for your question. The old school Bandais and Takas has lost value somewhat compare to last year. The posting by MSLZ should be the target (Some items I would say - $50, some I would pay litlle more) but, it all depends on overall condition of an item. If the VT-1 with no yellowing and mint in mint box (I would buy it for $550 or more). I do think that most of Macross MKT is now saturated as some one pointed out. However, I think that it will go up in price in the near futr=ure, unless it gets reissued.

The seller of the Super Ostrich is from Paterson, NJ. His eBay user ID is "arafat209." He has tremandous wealth of original Macross toys 1/55. Anywhere from loose to MISB conditions. According to arafat209, his folks was in the service and stationed in Japan. That is were he got all his Macross valkyries. I do agree that $2,400 is way too much for the MISB Super Ostrich. Hopefully, Bandai will see the demand of the "DYRL" valkyries and reissue them. I sure wouldn't want to pay that kind of money on vintage toys.

AHA!!! ARAFAT rears his ugly head again...

my friend, if you know what's good, you'll stay away from this lowly piece of human filth.

He has a bad history here and has burned many different buyers... he has also lied about alternate identities.

Edited by Skull Leader

According to arafat209, his folks was in the service and stationed in Japan. That is were he got all his Macross valkyries.

If that statement is true. I can say that I own this little tree in my back yard that grows GBP, VT and VE Macross items.

The truth is he gets them from Yahoo Japan and soliciting other collectors (I received at least 7 emails from him wanting me to sell my stuffs, this was right after I posted my collections here and also, when I posted few items on Ebay for sale).

I think we can all agree that he is indeed an @$$hole, but ya can't tell me you guys don't miss his wonderfully garbled, grammar-wrecked, CAPPED, and punctuation-devoid posts. It was funny to hear him dig himself into ever deeper holes as he tried to defend himself and his Vintage Valkyrie Tree. :lol:

Doesn't mean I wanna see him back here, though. The guy deserves to get his b@lls caught in the rear axle of a passing bus. :angry:

Hello everyone! Thanks for the warning about "ARAFAT209." This seller seems to have created a disturbance among "MW" user. Despite what was said about him, I checked out his feedback in eBay and I noticed only 1 negative feedback within 12 months. I checked out the feedbecks from buyers and the majority are stated "Fast arrival", Smooth transactions, an asset to eBay, and so forth. All of which are good and legitimate feedbacks.

With that said, I can't really say that he's a bad seller in anyway. The only thing I did not like is the sticker price for that MISB Super Ostrich ($2,400). In fact, I have e-mailed him a few times and he responded and provided me with some pictures of the toy's description. Personally, I have not encounter any discrepancy with this seller. But i'll definitely keep my radar on 24/7 for unusual activity.

Once again I would like to thank those who gave me the warning. Its always good to see another happy Macross fan and not getting ripped off.

For more info on ARAFAT209 - see pages 5 -10 of the MW Blacklist in the For Sale forum.

But he was funny with his silliness. I always liked this pic Hurin made of him.

arafat-gbp.jpg

LOL! I still get a kick out of that picture!

Arafat was never the sharpest in the shed, but he was definitely a tool!

With that said, I can't really say that he's a bad seller in anyway. The only thing I did not like is the sticker price for that MISB Super Ostrich ($2,400). In fact, I have e-mailed him a few times and he responded and provided me with some pictures of the toy's description. Personally, I have not encounter any discrepancy with this seller. But i'll definitely keep my radar on 24/7 for unusual activity.

I also strongly recommend that you check out this thread. I'm not sure if anything was proven 100%, but it sure does look like Arafat claimed that he never received some recasts that he bought from Rob, asked for a refund, then tried to sell those very same recasts (again, that he claims he never received) while attempting to pass them off as his own work! Was this what finally got him banned?

Looks like he only preys on non-Ebayers, where official feedback can't come back to haunt him.

All I'll say is that it takes quite a bit to get banned. The Mods don't seem to throw around bans willy-nilly. If this guy is banned, it's almost definitely because he really is scum.

Best Regards,

H

It's your money, in the end.

I'd still advise against dealing with him. :ph34r:

Hello everyone! Thanks for the warning about "ARAFAT209." This seller seems to have created a disturbance among "MW" user. Despite what was said about him, I checked out his feedback in eBay and I noticed only 1 negative feedback within 12 months. I checked out the feedbecks from buyers and the majority are stated "Fast arrival", Smooth transactions, an asset to eBay, and so forth. All of which are good and legitimate feedbacks.

ARAFAT209 is also infamous for having multiple eBay accounts, shill bidding, and using those multiple accounts to leave HIMSELF feedback. He even had multiple accounts here at MW and tried to nominate himself to the Straight Shooter list. Watch out for him, he's a scumbag through and through.

I never had a bad transaction with arafat myself. He paid me promptly for the super o' resin pieces as well as the resin seeker head I no longer needed. He did however do some exceptionally shady things when dealing with my two favorite rob's [beers and monkey] and as such I stopped dealing with him. You know how you get a [vibe]?

well, seems like he won his own auction again, it'll probably resurface in a month or so.

Macross Vintage Takatoku Super VF 1S

Not only did he shill bid and win his own auction, but he sniped it as well. Way to go, AraFag!

What's up Macross fans! Much appreciation for your feedbacks on "Arafat209." As I mentioned earlier, I have not dealt with this seller, so I can't reach a decision whether he's a crook or a legitimate seller. All I can do is keep my radar on 24/7 just incase of unusual and peculiar activities.

In fact, he's got a VF-1S Strike Valkyrie 1/55 by Bandai up for auction. Go to eBay and type in "Takatoku" in the search box. It looks brand new!! But his asking price or "Buy-it-Now" is $400.

P.S. Luckily for me i'm stationed in NWS Earle in New Jersey and I made arragement to stop by his place and he will show me all the Macross merchandise. I'll keep you guys/gals posted.

Sincerely,

Ryver-

We're not really interested in any dealings with ARAFAT...

In fact you're persistence is starting to make you look suspect...

No I don't think you're ARAFAT... he had terrible english. But his tactics to get back into the mix here are quite famous... or should I say infamous?

I'm always open to constructive critism or as they say: "Judgment and Evaluation."

For the record, i'm nothing like "arafat209." Nor do I have the intention to be like him. A gentlemen like me with high standards in ethical matters is no where near "arafat209." I come clean folks, just doing what is best and honest.

On the other hand, I do feel your speculations. If it makes anyone safer, you are more than welcome to check out my feedbacks from eBay: "agent-ghq." I'll guarantee you that you'll be most impress with my feedbacks and credibility! So again, a U.S. Navy sailor has nothing to hide or gain from deceptive and cunning acts. Believe me, I was well brought up into the world with standards and morals.

With that said, I hope you learn some qualities about me as your Macross pal. Until then, i'll keep everyone posted on my visit to "arafat209" world.

Then again. If Arafat had his items as described for the agent GHQ or someone to see and purcahse. Does it make Arafat a person with honest and integrity? My answer is "No".

Why even test Arafat. Maybe, he clean up his act (Based on Ebay sales). However, does it justify the actions he took on these board and who knows where.

If someone is going to do a transaction with Arafat, then don't post anything. If you got a great deal, good for you. If you had sour deal, you should have listen.

All these free advertising for that guy is not helping out (Some might not know, but there are few people who would purcahse from a seller with terrible feedback or Rep. if they saw what is condsider a "Good deal"). Just do not post transaction involving this Arafat.

Until then, i'll keep everyone posted on my visit to "arafat209" world.

::: Images of vintage Valkries growing on mythical trees come to mind, along with the droning, garbled yet eerily cheerful songs of dozens of ARAFATrolls, tending to scores of cardboard boxes filled with a Valk collector's nightmare: damaged and broken vintage Valkyries (they "process" the Valks after they pick them, you see). And standing above it all.. is the shepherd of the flock, ARAFAT209 himself. Veiled in the shade of his largest Vintage Valkyrie Tree, he rubs his grubby hands together and allows himself a crooked, wry smile... :::

What a wacky, warped, Technicolor world that must be. :ph34r:

Edited by Drad

I sense a lot of hate for this "arafat209." I must say that reading some of the comments about him is funny and hiliarous too! So funny that i'm getting six packs on my tummy. But just for the record, I want to make it clear that i'm not on anyone side. I'm just going about my business. Just like in the Navy's SEAL mission: Aproach, strike, and abort!

Well, according to "arafat209" pictures, it looks fabulous!! Now, I got to see it with my own eyes.

It's amazing what one can do. Simply knowing someone powerful with authority.

Ryver-

U.S. Navy

::: Images of vintage Valkries growing on mythical trees come to mind, along with the droning, garbled yet eerily cheerful songs of dozens of ARAFATrolls, tending to scores of cardboard boxes filled with a Valk collector's nightmare: damaged and broken vintage Valkyries (they "process" the Valks after they pick them, you see). And standing above it all.. is the shepherd of the flock, ARAFAT209 himself. Veiled in the shade of his largest Vintage Valkyrie Tree, he rubs his grubby hands together and allows himself a crooked, wry smile... :::

This is great! :lol:

Edited by Valkfan

Personally, nothing pisses me off more than when I hear people say something like: "Well, yeah, she totally screwed my friends, Jill and Ben. But, she's always been wonderful to me. So, I can't hold it against her."

I understand that there are two sides to every story. And you have to be careful just taking someone's word against another. But, when it's obvious/apparent that one person is mistreating another, it's pretty callous to just say: "Well, they've been okay to me."

And, yes, I think this should apply to this situation here. You seem like a decent guy. But I wouldn't be suprised if some people here are now looking at you a bit warily due to your willingness to indulge (and even visit) this guy who is demonstrably crooked.

H

Edited by Hurin