new avengers

Who is Sentry?

Sentry was supposed to a forgotten hero of the "Silver Age" of Marvel(similar to DC's Truimph) that was erased from history. The editors of the "Marvel Knights" imprint created a farce saying that the Sentry was a Stan Lee creation. Also, their story was that Stan buried the character and that a Sentry issue one was printed but not released. Go to this link sentry

the Jean and Magneto thing, i have heard is a Marvel Editorial outlash against everything Morrison accomplished on his run. since he went and signed with DC, marvel brass decided to piss on all his ideas. it turns out, Magneto did not kill Jean, and was hence not killed by Wolverine. instead, it was some imposter (according to Claremont's Excalibur) who has yet to be named. i think its stupid, but Marvel has been slowly undoing everything that was remotely unique about Grant Morrison's run. i agree. that was very stupid on thier part, but i guess they had enough about Morrison raping fanboy's childhood. the comments that i have read about at Newsarama and other sites is "these aren't the characters i grew up with!! no costumes?? Blasphemy!!!". you're right bloodcat, fanboys keep the story from moving or the characters from evolving. and that sucks, since there is so much more they can grow. <_<

wow... that truly blows.

morrison's run on new x-men... while sometimes confusing... was consistently very good.. he took the x-men and made them cool... made them seem alive and introduced real drama and tragedy... it's a shame that people just couldn't accept it.

I tend to stick with the ultimate line if I do buy anything marvel.. oh and marvel knights... they still do good work.

the Jean and Magneto thing, i have heard is a Marvel Editorial outlash against everything Morrison accomplished on his run. since he went and signed with DC, marvel brass decided to piss on all his ideas. it turns out, Magneto did not kill Jean, and was hence not killed by Wolverine. instead, it was some imposter (according to Claremont's Excalibur) who has yet to be named. i think its stupid, but Marvel has been slowly undoing everything that was remotely unique about Grant Morrison's run. i agree. that was very stupid on thier part, but i guess they had enough about Morrison raping fanboy's childhood. the comments that i have read about at Newsarama and other sites is "these aren't the characters i grew up with!! no costumes?? Blasphemy!!!". you're right bloodcat, fanboys keep the story from moving or the characters from evolving. and that sucks, since there is so much more they can grow. <_<

So that explains it. Thanks for the 411. Didn't realize theyw ere that pissed at Morrison. Either way it's the comics that still suffer.

Its nothing new though.

Hell, they did it to that excellent Kevin Smith Daredevil run too.

I remember raving about the TPB to a hardcore comics friend of mine and how much I liked it.

Then he told me like 2 months later Mysterio was back from the dead, making the series and its powerful ending basically MOOT.

I was not a happy camper.

I thought Wolvie was only like 150-200 yrs old, according to Origins anyway.  Also, don't apocolypse and Mystique predate him by a couple thousand years.  IRC from convos with friends who are X-Heads, Apoc is the first mutant and Mystique is the liek the second or third oldest in existance, being something like a thousand years old or more.

Probably closer to 100 years old...Origins took place in the very late 1800s (1880-90, thereabouts, IIRC). Mystique is normal-aged (probably in her 50s, given the fact that she has two full-grown sons [Graydon "Ah hates mutants!" Creed and Kurt "X-Chaplain" Wagner]). Apocalypse IS older than dirt, having been around for the building of the frecking pyramids.

Edited by Pat Payne

the Jean and Magneto thing, i have heard is a Marvel Editorial outlash against everything Morrison accomplished on his run. since he went and signed with DC, marvel brass decided to piss on all his ideas. it turns out, Magneto did not kill Jean, and was hence not killed by Wolverine. instead, it was some imposter (according to Claremont's Excalibur) who has yet to be named. i think its stupid, but Marvel has been slowly undoing everything that was remotely unique about Grant Morrison's run. i agree. that was very stupid on thier part, but i guess they had enough about Morrison raping fanboy's childhood. the comments that i have read about at Newsarama and other sites is "these aren't the characters i grew up with!! no costumes?? Blasphemy!!!". you're right bloodcat, fanboys keep the story from moving or the characters from evolving. and that sucks, since there is so much more they can grow.  <_<

Its nothing new though.

Hell, they did it to that excellent Kevin Smith Daredevil run too.

I remember raving about the TPB to a hardcore comics friend of mine and how much I liked it.

Then he told me like 2 months later Mysterio was back from the dead, making the series and its powerful ending basically MOOT.

I was not a happy camper.

except that marvel continues to coddle Kevin Smith. Smith has two miniseries that have yet to be completed and the first issues came out over a year ago. Daredevil: the Target and Spiderman/Black Cat have yet to be finished, and probably will never be.

except that marvel continues to coddle Kevin Smith. Smith has two miniseries that have yet to be completed and the first issues came out over a year ago. Daredevil: the Target and Spiderman/Black Cat have yet to be finished, and probably will never be.

Kevin Smith, the most lazy man on the planet. Y'know he created Silent Bob so he wouldn't have to memorize any lines. :lol: That's lazy.......

I have to chime in on this. I usually just lurk but comics rate higher than Macross to me. Anyway I am so sick of Wolverine that generally I will not buy a book if he is in it. I know this sounds horrible but there is only so much I can take. I don't think he belongs in the Avengers even a little. The only team book I ever read that I liked him in was when Wolverine, Spider-man, Ghost Rider (if i remember sorrectly), and Hulk were the Fantastic Four for like 3 issues. He just doesn't fit in the Avengers. Spider-man was good in the Avengers for the couple story arcs I remember. I think he could be good in the Avengers.

As far as Bendis I like most everything he has written that I have read. I have read ultimate spider-man since it started and it is one of the two books I can't wait to read every month.

My current favorite is Amazing spider-man by strazynski. It is simply the best spider-man stuff I have ever read.

I have been reading Avengers and so far it is great. I will keep buying after the relaunch just to see.

Had to get these things off my chest.

*throws two pennies on table* Wolverine becoming an avenger is about as smart as Superman beating Thor. Obviously, Marvel plans on beating us over the head with Wolverine until someone, somewhere gets sick of him. Right now, thanks to the X-movies, Logan's visibility is way up there with ol' mr. parker. I just wish someone at Marvel could stop the insanity. It's things like this that made me stop reading comics.

My $0.02.

So this is what's been going on with the Marvel universe.... Sorry, but I stop reading almost 10 years ago. Doesn't Wolverine have his own comic? *checks Marvel website*..... Jeez, they restarted it? When did they do that? Now they're making him an Avenger? Jeez, back then, Wolverine (and related stories) were in every other issue of X-Men. Now they're making him an Avenger...talk about milking the cow even more. I thought they over-used Wolverine back then, but this is quite ridiculous.

The only thing that's got me scratching my head is Spider-Woman....she's a lame character to begin with, and with Spider Man on the team seems to be totally redundant. Why is she even here? Does anyone care?

Well Bendis cares, and he's just engaging in the thing all comic fans dream of if they were writing professionally, writing stories using the characters they love.

Heck, he previously tried and failed to get a gritty detective in the MU underbelly Jessica Drew series up, eventually writing some other title about a washed up superheroine who became a private detective serving the underbelly of the MU instead ^_^

I'm personally aboard for all the wrong reasons, because he's using Jessica Drew, just like I stayed aboard because Austen retained She-Hulk -_-