Gundam Seed Astray

Has anyone checked out the mini Astray episodes? The Blue and Red Frame episodes are out.

I saw both last night and thought they were pretty good considering how long they were. :rolleyes:

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

I go to mirkx.com. Basically the same as mircx. Anyway, the mini-episodes were some sort of OVA promos for the toys apparently. Very nice. Red Frame's pilot is hilarious! :lol:

"Shimpai nai....watashi wa junker desu...etc etc"

"Don't worry, i'm a junker. I won't kill you" *twinkle in eyes*

BWAHHAHAHA!! :lol:

Yeh yeh i know...but seeing those sorta things in Gundam is rare. (unless you're watching ZZ or G Gundam)

I thought that the Red Frame was a little better than the Blue frame one. It had a lot more Atray action than the Blue Frame video did, especially when "Zips" started playing during the fight. Though you got to see sword calamity a good deal more in the Blue Frame one, I liked the Red Frame video better. What did anyone else who saw them think?

Edited by Shmitty

Maybe if they produced Master Grades, but there really weren't any decals at all for Lowe's Red Frame....like "Lowe Gear" stickers on the shield and shoulder, the usual Eye decal for the Gundam head, and a few red strips to go on the sheath for the sword and that was pretty much it.....not sure how the Blue Frame comes out though.....hopefully a bit better.

I'm downloading the OVA's right now, everything from the SEED TV specials to the ASTRAY OVA's....should be all done when Iget home.

there was really no decals for the blue frame astray just a logo for the chest and a decal for the side of the head, both are ugly and i did not use them.

chris

Not surprised the blue frame didn't get much of anything, it just doesn't look like a mobile suit, red or blue frame, to get much of any detail, can't even see that for the M-1's.

But my 2 OVA's should be finished when I get home.....hmmmm judging on what I think of the OVA's........maybe I'll dub them like I did with Valley of the Stars tv special.

Not surprised the blue frame didn't get much of anything, it just doesn't look like a mobile suit, red or blue frame, to get much of any detail, can't even see that for the M-1's.

Eh? No detail? What are you talking about? <_< As anyone who owns an Astray here can tell u, its a bitch to panel line, so there's your detail for you. It may lack decals, but hey, don't most Gundams? It has to be MG/PG to have more decals and they aren't even decals depicted in anime or lineart.

And what you mean they don't look like MS? Then what do they look like? :blink:

Sorry was preoccupied with work when typing that lol what I meant to say was Decals not details :p oopsie! But no they don't look like typical mobile suits with the skimpy armor plating, they look more "organic looking" And yes I know about the detail I do own the Red frame but it didn't eat my gundam pen like others say, I work my panel lines at a certain way to make them thin and easy to apply without going over the line and onto the armor pieces.

Eh? No detail? What are you talking about? <_< As anyone who owns an Astray here can tell u, its a bitch to panel line, so there's your detail for you. It may lack decals, but hey, don't most Gundams? It has to be MG/PG to have more decals and they aren't even decals depicted in anime or lineart.

To be fair, Sunrise's animation completely sucks. Their animators complained about how detailed Katoki's designs were in 0083, and that was an OVA. Since then, they haven't really improved their animation standards. The Astray specials really don't make the Astrays look that stunning.

And panel lines aren't the only measure of a kit's detail...

you pretty much have to download them...there's fansubbed versions at baka-updates.com

oh yeah, you have to use bittorrent to dl the episodes

If I only had the balls to download this stuff.....I could join the party!!! <_<

This bitorrent stuff confuses the hell out of this computer-illiterate member.

OH POO!!!

:angry:

you pretty much have to download them...there's fansubbed versions at baka-updates.com

oh yeah, you have to use bittorrent to dl the episodes

If I only had the balls to download this stuff.....I could join the party!!! <_<

This bitorrent stuff confuses the hell out of this computer-illiterate member.

OH POO!!!

:angry:

Dude. Just install a bit torrent client , and then click on the link on a bittorrent site, example mirkx.com. Even a computer idiot can do it. ;)

Hiruko: ok cool. Was wondering what you're on about. :)

yeah blah :huh: I start typing up what I wanna say than I get a phone call from another dealer wanting me to check a number and than I start typing and when I hit enter to check the number "Not in database" I look and I forgot to turn my caps baack on :p than I gotta remember the number again which makes those guys po'ed lol. Than when I finish I get back here and I can't remember what I was going to say cause I might have only typed up like part of what I wanted.......god I hate that.

ANYWAYS

the Red frame special, it was sorta funny, but I expected Lowe to be more Vash-esque than anything else. But he was pulled off nicely as an anime counterpart. However, Kisato had a design change, her hair is much longer, more mature looking, not only that but she isn't as worrie-some as her manga counterpart! I liked that about her cause everyone else was calm and collective.....(okay maybe not lowe) except for her! I loved that and they took it away. :(

T.M. Revolution however, they seem to be a big hit for SEED which has shocked me, I haven't really even heard anything from them since Kenshin, but to have the first opening on SEED, their main singer as part of the second opening, first opening for the new series, and than for ASTRAY MSV, that's nice.

However, like I said about animation, I personally enjoy the manga better, if they were smart they would have just picked something from one of those stories, like Red Frame versus Gold Frame in space....something like that.

As for the Blue Frame special, it seemed to focus more on Sword Calamity which was a scary mobile suit. And the Gai didn't have many lines as he was the main character in the ASTRAY storyline....and Blue Frame just didn't get alot of air time.....it was sad....but his voice was spot on what I thought it could be...which was nice.

That's my take on ASTRAY MSV for now......they better make more <_< or a seperate OVA series that's like based on the manga and not something off the top of their heads.

ANYWAYS

the Red frame special, it was sorta funny, but I expected Lowe to be more Vash-esque than anything else.

THAT's WHAT I THOUGHT LOWE REMINDED ME OF.....

And here I was bashing my head just WHAT THE HECK Lowe's voice and character reminded me of...but nothing came to mind until you mentioned it. Thanks man! Vash the stampede....OF COURSE!!

.And the Gai didn't have many lines as he was the main character in the ASTRAY storyline....and Blue Frame just didn't get alot of air time.....it was sad....but his voice was spot on what I thought it could be...which was nice

Really? My friend said that Lowe was the main char in the manga series.

¬_¬ work again......what I meant to say was he's one of the main characters in the ASTRAY storyline......blah......

Oh.....thinking about it, hmmmmmm if I can find a Raw of the two ASTRAY's I think I'll make a dub.

I liked the Red Astry mini-episode better to be honest. Though both of them gave off a vibe I felt when watching G Gundam and Gundam X, more X then G to be honest. I liked them, wish they woudl animate the mangas, they just might be better then SEED.

It'd be far better than SEED buddy :p I'd vote for a series or OVA of ASTRAY.

But I did get the Raw version of Red Frame, and I've slowly begun working on the music selection. I wont have exact music but it will be seed music and I do have T.M. Revolutions ZIP song so no worries.

Working on voice cast right now, so gimme a week or two and I'll have something good for the masses.

Well reason I said might is that I haven't read them and just have to go by mini-episodes. I didn't care for the Serpent Tail team to be honest but I did like the other team in the Red Astry episode though, especially the main character in that.

ANYWAYS

the Red frame special, it was sorta funny, but I expected Lowe to be more Vash-esque than anything else. 

THAT's WHAT I THOUGHT LOWE REMINDED ME OF.....

And here I was bashing my head just WHAT THE HECK Lowe's voice and character reminded me of...but nothing came to mind until you mentioned it. Thanks man! Vash the stampede....OF COURSE!!

Well i knew in advance that he was voiced by the same guy but i was still surprised to see how much like Vash he was, pretty cool

Hybridchild

You pick it up pretty easily on how much Lowe is like Vash in the manga, just his whole attitude and taking things seriously one moment than jumping to a "AAAAH! GOD THEY WANNA KILL ME AGAIN!" attitude the next while still in COMPLETE control of the situtation.

If you read volume 2, though Lowe got his ass handed to him in a 3 course meal with some desert, he knew quickly that he was facing a coordinator, and by Rondo stealing his sword from him the after effects would be just. Thus, the M1 that he went against needed some heavey repairs on alot of Servo motors in the arm joints :p

Just like vash looking like a goof but could easily read the moves of the person right down to how soon the bullet will hit before it's really even fired.

That's just my little take on how Vash like Lowe is...that's what I really meant about Lowe being Vash-esque, lol didn't pay attention that they were the same actor and everything, thought never crossed my mind since I've never heard the Japanese audio of Trigun.

I'm gonna try and either hold auditions for the actors, I already know whose going to do Lowe *whistles*.................... <_< don't gimme that look guys I'm better than 99.9% of those so called "actors" we hear in anime.

I got alot of VA buddies who are up for the challenge of getting what ever for a role....so it wont be difficult to find SOMEONE for everything.

Also I'm going to experiment a bit with making an opening using an edited down version of ZIP, that shouldn't be difficult to edit around I'm a pro at editing music.

Thinking maybe I'll use a mixture of Manga images and Animated images...not sure.

I WILL KEEP YA POSTED ON THE SUCCESS!

well it's good to see this project moving along...

CAN I BE THE OUTDATED COMPUTER?? :p:lol::lol::lol:

nah just kidding :p

i really hope the best for this...it's really an honor to be a part of a project like this, even if my part was so small :)

Since the movies very short I wont be holding auditions for a really long time, I may just do them for half the next week and that'll be it.

I decided though, not sure if it's a good idea, to have Liam with a british accent, since he's such a classy, sophisitcated type of character who doesn't talk any slang like any other person would with the "Don'ts" "ain'ts" "Gotznone" that sorta junk.

For "8" I'm gonna see if I can find someone who can do an impression of that AI from Outlaw Star cause that'd just be perfect. If not, I'm goign to find someone who can do a child like voice much like the original VA from japan.

Considering Liam is an Irish name, it's the Irish version of William, it might be best to have a good Irish accent, although very few actors can do an irish accent well so you might want to try get an Irish actor to do it, id offer to do myself but the distance might prove a bit problematic

Hybridchild

The best place to know about voice acting and actually hear the fans doing videos, is Voice Acting Alliance. That's where I got 99% of my work from, I kind of had a feeling that Liam was something European, just couldn't make up my mind, however, while Irish is correct, your right, it's not easy pulling off an Irish accent vurses a Scottish or British accent....

Yeah i know what you mean the problem with acting an irish accent is that 90% of us dont actually sound the way most people, espcially americans, think we do so you either end up with someone doing an irish accent the way they think it should sound or you have someone doing a proper irish accent that people think doesnt soundd the way they expect. A guy i was in school with stared in a play in London last year in which he played a dubliner living in London and an american reviewer that saw the play said that he had one of the worst irish accents he'd evrey heard despite the fact he was a dubliner and just spoke the way he normally does. Its insane

Hybridchild

I can understand how that goes....my irish accent can't be pulled off to well and my family has a long line of Irish heritage....oh well?

I recieved an audition for Liam and the accent wasn't bad at all, though I think the guys voice might be a bit too deep for the character.....I'm not sure yet.

Wedensday I'm going to attempt the cut off point, I do have ppl saying they'll audition for roles, so I'll see how things go till than.

You think thats bad I'm from Kilbarrack on the northside of Dublin the setting for all the Roddy Doyle books and films, The Commitments, The Snapper, The Van etc. and I dont have a believeable irisch accent, most people think im English or American!

Keep us posted on how it goes and how it turns out

Hybridchild