Dry spell here at MW

snip312

i haven't seen it personally,but everybody who went to hg's panel at otakon & saw the new mpc alpha told me that it sucks.not worth picking up :ph34r:

Did they say it sucked because it's small, sucked because of price, or sucked because of quality?

Because the Alpha we saw at MacrossWorld Con 4 I thought was pretty nice quality-wise. Everything else like price point and size is debatable IMO. :)

I sent Tisinc a message asking if it was in hand, so far no response.

They don't have it, if they did it would be at their F&S booth. Most likely they are sending out letters of apologies to their bidders for the delay.

I sent Tisinc a message asking if it was in hand, so far no response.

TISINC do not have MPC Alpha. If they had it in stock, other sellers more close to Toynami office will be selling it also. They are taking a gamble that the Alpha will be released next week. If the Alpha does get release, they have no probelm and made few sales before others. If it doen't get release on time, they are going to get few angry buyers.

Oh well, what is three or four additional negative or neutral feedback on there impressive ebay feedback :lol::lol::lol:.

Unless, you can stop at their F&S store in person or have someone do you a favor, I would avoid buying from this seller on ebay (Just my opinion). There are many reputable sellers on this board and other that are more trustyworthy.

I pre-ordered mine from Toyzz4U. I asked them yesterday and was told that Toynami has pushed the release to mid-August. What a shock, Toynami pushing back a release date! Unheard of!

I talked to Tam from Twin Moons last night and the impression I got was the middle of this week they would arrive. As for quality I heard it was pretty good. The size is definetly small for the price tag but if Toynami does the Beta then it would make sence. but I guess until the dealers start announcing they have recieved there stock and are shipping orders its a waiting game.

I went to Otakon and that the Alpha was pretty good. Maybe not $80 dollars good but better that bootleg quality. I did not see too many people gather around it. I took pictures of it and need to get them developed. Tom did let me hold it for a little while. Too bad I did not win the one they had. I Could have made a review already. I would say it is better than the VF-1 MPC's.

dr vandermeer,the guy i talked too,just refered to the alpha as being not worth the $80 price tag quality-wise.he seemed to be very disapointed in seeing the finished product after all the hype.i've always thought southerncross hardware was ugly,so i'm not interested at all.the cyclones are ok,but i sure wouldn't shell out hundreds of dollars for 1.i never tire of vf-1's.there's so many nice 1's from yamato lately. :)

dr vandermeer,the guy i talked too,just refered to the alpha as being not worth the $80 price tag quality-wise.he seemed to be very disapointed in seeing the finished product after all the hype.i've always thought southerncross hardware was ugly,so i'm not interested at all.the cyclones are ok,but i sure wouldn't shell out hundreds of dollars for 1.i never tire of vf-1's.there's so many nice 1's from yamato lately. :)

No worries. Just curious. :)

It really IS a dry spell when a thread lamenting no new information gets to two pages this quickly! :D

At this rate with no new yamato macross toys to spend money on, I'll be forced to do something grown-up with my money, like take out a mortgage! :ph34r:

Ugh. I am glad for a dry spell. I was doing good this month, till some fools decided to sell their destroids, patlabor, VF-19, Legioss, and 1:18 f-18. <_< Then I bought the Robotech bookend. And now I have the MPC Alpha coming I preordered. It is my hope there will be a beta/tread for the MPC alpha.

Ugh. I am glad for a dry spell. I was doing good this month, till some fools decided to sell their destroids, patlabor, VF-19, Legioss, and 1:18 f-18. <_< Then I bought the Robotech bookend. And now I have the MPC Alpha coming I preordered. It is my hope there will be a beta/tread for the MPC alpha.

That's the only reason I ordered a toycrapi MPChit. My alpha tread combo will be posed elegantly on 2 of sithlord's stands :D

Woe to any 2 yr old child/evil pet that gets anywhere near it <_<

Guess this thread will end now that the monster is up for preorder on HLJ

:D

lol

:D

:ph34r: