New 1/72 Yukikaze model by platz

Yeeees..... the FA-2 Fand II... I must have it....

I saw it on HobbySearch last week, but never noticed it on HLJ until you pointed it out. They don't have it listed with the resr of the Yukikaze models.

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?PLZX-8

Now, the bis question in my mind is, will it REALLY come out in july? The other two Platz Yukikaze kits have been at least 2 months late <_<

In other news, HLJ now has pics up of two of the upcoming Yellow Submarine 1/144 Yukikaze models. You know, the ones that were originally due out last december :angry:

Good god does that thing look odd (in a good way - I love the mechanical designs from this series).

Now why on earth can't someone put out a quality 1/72 injection kit for these birds? I can't really justify spending this much on a resin kit I frankly don't have the skills to put together. The existing Bandai kits are ok (I have one of them), but I just love having stuff in the same scale for comparisons' sake.

That thing is pretty sweet. The price tag on these is crazy though. Weren't WM Cheng's Yukikaze models Hasegawa kits? Those looked really great, are the platz ones really that much better?

nah...they were the 1/100 scale bandai kits and yeah master cheng did a real over the top job on them

Just did a bit of math. Looks like the FA-2 kit is going to be about 8.3" long when complete (the 'real-life' size is 15.16m). This is a bit smaller than the Mave, which comes in at 9.8" long (18m IRL).

And they're both dwarfed by the Supersylph, which is almost exactly 12" long (22m IRL)

All in all, the Fand II is still a pretty decent size for a 1/72 kit, I think. I'll be getting it, if I can scrape up the cash for one.

I just hope this one will finally have a good cockpit...

I just hope this one will finally have a good cockpit...

No kidding, so far Platz gets an A+ for the quality of the resin cast and the metal parts and a big fat F for the cockpits, one nonexistent and the other all encased so you can't even paint it.

There's so many oddball angles I can't even tell what the thing really looks like. I preordered one , I've got the other two from Platz :lol: .

Watch episode 2 the first fight after the credits. One pilots says something to the effect that it's a new fighter, then gets shot down...

Very cool looking plane.

This is cool I guess....something is better than nothing <_< I agree, I wish they would start putting out injection models of these birds. As for this particular aircraft......I don't understand why they don't put out the FFR-31 Sylphid (cannon fodder from the first episode) that is a much better design I believe Master Cheng would agree :D . We both want to see that baby!

Chris

YES! I definitely agree, I love that cannon fodder (if you mean twin engined bird kind of like a wierdass F-15).

Man! I really wish for injection molds too, I guess the Bandai ones will have to do for now - they aren't too bad. But it would be great if Hasegawa took over though.

I need to see a front and side view of this new plane - this angled view makes it look assymetical - its a little hard to determine the orientation of the control surfaces. But I certainly second everyone here's love for the mech design of this series :p I'm dying for an art of book on the mech! (or an subbed version of Operation 4! :( )

• 3 weeks later...