vf-1r valks

tank

I think that unit is in the Macross II timeline and is the VF-2's predecessor.

well, there's no DIRECT evidence of that link (it has never been confirmed that the PC engine games are part of the MII timeline), but it *is* popular belief. Supposing that were true, the 1R series (along with the VF-4 Siren, the other slightly different VF-4 version) served the UN Spacy well until the development of the separate VF-2J Icarus and later VF-2S Space Valkyrie programs.

au contrair. Such a beast DOES exsist (and it was a noble thing, before HG raped it of all decency)

the VF-1R Kai was the valkyrie series from the PC Engine Macross games.

Seek ye the truth here: VF-1R info

No offense to that site, but I question the accuracy of the information listed.

IIRC, the "refined" valks are never referred to simply as VF-1R, but by their full designations: VF-1AR, VF-1JR and VF-1SR.

Hence, to my knowledge, the VF-1R does not actually exist.

Edited by the white drew carey

any Fighter/gerwalk pics?

wonder how those FP's look on it

Here's a page with a couple of pics, including Gerwalk.

One thing always bugged me about that model and now I know what it is: The heatshield is wrong.

All the 'R' variants have a heatshield that clamshells from the sides, ala' VF-1D. On this model he used the regular old heatshield.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great model. But if you're going to do it at all...

YOU'D BETTER DO IT RIGHT!!!!

:D

oops!here's the link.

Edited by the white drew carey

oh isee so this vf-1r line of valks came next after the vf-1 valks :)

Not quite. The PCEngine games are non-canon.

They don't fit into the official Macross timeline.

So the VF-1xR came after the VF-1, but in an alternate reality where things happened diffrently than in the "real" world presented in the TV series.

au contrair. Such a beast DOES exsist (and it was a noble thing, before HG raped it of all decency)

Bah.

One thing always bugged me about that model and now I know what it is: The heatshield is wrong.

All the 'R' variants have a heatshield that clamshells from the sides, ala' VF-1D. On this model he used the regular old heatshield.

That's right. But it's not just that that bugs me. The boosters are too round-ish. Especially on the top and bottom of the beam cannon portion. They should be flat.

The gunpod isn't quite right either...

But he got at least some of the more subtle points right. Like the different hip-mounted thrusters.

I still want to scratch-build a VF-1SR conversion kit. One day....

Bah.

yeah yeah, the info isn't truely accurate, but it at least gives some idea (I can't translate my game manuals, so this will have to do...) I really only kept it for the Magazine picture.

Bah.

yeah yeah, the info isn't truely accurate, but it at least gives some idea (I can't translate my game manuals, so this will have to do...) I really only kept it for the Magazine picture.

I just don't like being wrong. Even partially.

It's worse because I have and enjoy Mac 2036.