The MW Automotive Thread Quattro SpecV

areaseven

Nissan has just unveiled pictures of their GT-R SpecV. The beefed-up version of Nissan's exotic-killer features more carbon fiber parts, lighter wheels, titanium-coated exhausts, carbon-ceramic brakes and special Recaro front seats (and no rear seats). In addition, the engine will be equipped with a special turbo boost control device; no word on how much bhp the engine will churn out. The SpecV will be available in an exclusive Ultimate Black Opal color and will be sold at only seven select Nissan dealerships in Japan for 15,750,000 yen (roughly $172,840). Damn - you can get two standard GT-Rs and a 370Z for that kind of money.

2009-Nissan-GT-R-SpecV-Front-Angle-1920x1440.jpg

2009-Nissan-GT-R-SpecV-Rear-Angle-1920x1440.jpg

2009-Nissan-GT-R-SpecV-Dashboard-1920x1440.jpg

2009 Nissan GT-R SpecV

$172k for a Nissan...wow. :blink: I wonder how much weight it dropped from the standard GT-R. Quite curious to see what numbers come out for it on the Nurburgring. Personally, I've been paying more attention to the new Z lately then the GT-R.

$172K + Dealer markup = $200K+ price.

This thing better be the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy for that price. It would also be cool if U.S. dealers can sell a right hand drive version.

"Base price for the 2010 HPE700 Camaro is $109,500."

Ummm, yeah. right. :blink:

Well, this is Hennessey we're talking about. Remember how much he was charging for the Venom version of the Viper?

Also heard that he's working on beefing up the GT-R as well. Don't be surprised if it costs more than the SpecV.

Finally, huh?

Seems like you've been talking about getting one for years.

I have... There is a great deal of uncertainty when you own your own company. So its always easier to put off big expenses. Things are going great now though.

You can fit inside that thing? It's a pain in the ass to get in and out of even for a small guy like me.

I am as flexible as a gymnast. No problem really. Its small, but thats why its fast. I think I am one of the biggest guys who owns a Lotus though. The guys at the dealer laugh when they see me drive. (I live 1 block from SF Lambo/Lotus so they see me all the time).

Dodge attempts to rival the Tesla with their own electric-powered sports car.

Pretty sporty looking. Body lines are a bit "busy" in some places, with all the edges and ridges.

Shame, when you think about it though; in the long run, this thing will likely end up in some warehouse or collection for posterity's sake--or worse, they may destroy it altogether. I only say "shame" cause you know there's some Dodge engineer somewhere itching to see what could be accomplished if they snatched all that electric crap out of it and stuffed say, a turbo/super charged I4 or V6 in 'er...

That Dodge is actually a Lotus Europa that Dodge has licensed from Lotus:

lotus-europa-luxury2.jpg

Its almost bolt for bolt the same.

Good move for Dodge actually. The car is awesome.

I am as flexible as a gymnast. No problem really. Its small, but thats why its fast. I think I am one of the biggest guys who owns a Lotus though. The guys at the dealer laugh when they see me drive. (I live 1 block from SF Lambo/Lotus so they see me all the time).

Y'know now I want to see a picture of this. You in the car that is, not you as flexible as a gymnast.