My First Custom 1/48 VF-1S

Hattori Hanzo

I dig it in fighter mode but in battroid it looks like a black guy in a white suit. I have nothing against black guys, or white suits but I feel like something is missing in that mode. Obvioulsy good work and 100x better than I could ever do.

Edit - Just looked at the close-ups, I really like the detail work and effects.

Edited by jenius

Great job, i wish i had the guts to do up my yamatos, they just so expensive, i wouldn't dare alter them in case i make a big mess which is highly likely. Anyway yours look great i like your chosen colour scheme looks bad ass.

Thanks for the kind words. I was a little scared to spend $130 plus just to dismantle it and paint it, but I'm happy with the results. I originally had planned to have more black accents which explains the head and hands, but liked it this way more. The paint scheme is 2 cans of Testors Flat Gull Gray spray, and dry brushed Gunship gray for "weathering". I also hand painted the panel lines with Gunship gray, which IMO looks better than using markers. Once again thanks for your comments and I cant wait to make another.