Miss Minmay

Mechleader

They way I painted the dress....

Primer....then I used white.

Then silver.

As the build up went I WAS to use Clear yellow, Red and Orange.

What I did was use Metallic brown for a light shadow over the silver. Then mixed the Metallic Brown with Clear red and yellow.

Then I put future as a sealer coat.

For the base I used Micro mask. You can be a little messy with it because there is an indentation that will be filled with the black wash. I also used tape. And then went back hand painted any spots missed. Then airbrushed it again and then. Then future and black acrylic wash.

The skin was a mix of flesh and white and a DROP of yellow. Then highlights of flesh and white.

The dress was in this order:

Primer...white....sliver....then INSTEAD of the clear red, yellow and orange I USED Metallic brown over some areas of the silver.

Then I went and mixed metallic brown, clear red and yellow. The inside of the dress is the same but a little more clear red. I felt it should be darker inside.

The clear gives a shine but I added future on just the dress and hair only. The hair has some clear blue in it.

Clear paints are like syrip. So after getting my finger print on the dress I went and put the future for that EXTRA shine and to protect it. The gold leaf trim is supposed to go on the dress cut by the leg but it has a gold tint to it so I left it alone.

Edited by Mechleader

How did you mask the curves in the base? I plan to use silly putty... only thing I can think of that would grab those curves.

335779[/snapback]

For the one I am painting for the website I used the new cling wrap from Glad. It has a tack on one side much like a post-it that can be pressed into place. Then using a fresh #11 blade, I carefully cut out the mask and removed the excess. I went back over the edges to burnish them down a bit and then airbrushed away, worked great.

Alright...I took your advice and I entered the Legs contest at SSM.

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/contest/kit_03.htm

If you like what you see please give me a vot in November!!!!! :D

336963[/snapback]

Cool. I guessing that this could be a close contest. Normally there's only a month or two of lead time, this one has 3 months and is such an open catagory. I know things are going to start rolling in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Bromgrev

Wait a minute, there must be some mistake ... I voted you for first place!

Congratulations, here's hoping we see your work in many future contests! Now there's an idea for MW ...

Congratulations Mechleader! She's a sweet build!
anyone's interested there is a Macross Group Build over at FSM.

357909[/snapback]

LTSO, can you post a link to the FSM thread where this is going on? I looked around but can't seem to find it.

358306[/snapback]

Its under the Group Build forum header

http://www.finescale.com/FSM/CS/forums/540663/ShowPost.aspx