Legioss alpha fighter papercraft

Kin

I'm considering to skip the missiles... those little things can wait..

nooo..or at least make a downloadable version of the leg with the hatch..

Oke... otherwise I can't competewith Toynami... :p

Here's some more colorfull joy! If you take a look at the photo you can't notice the gaps between the missile hatches... but in reality if you take a look at the whole leg it's not that bad at all. :) (landing gear is going to be added in the future... no space actually). This time the pics look a bit betterusing nightflash setting.

btw... those missiles are the easiest to make... ;)

post-26-1094003246_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kin

Sigh* finally I've finished building the legs and attaching system. I've made a duplicate of the folding system and scan it later on. :)

Next step is to model the bodypart. The test version proven to be too short so I've decided to add some lenght. (the collapsed legs in fightermode shown below is 16cm long)

The last one is for Florida... let's pray!

post-26-1094362069_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kin

I'm busy sculpturing the body part in soldier mode. The size shouldn't be a problem in fightermode and the chestplate can retract inside so you get a flat bottom. Some parts need little scale corrections.

post-26-1094483655_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kin

I'm currently working in two modes... fighter and soldier, using the same parts and scale/fit them to get the right proportions. The most difficult one is the canopy... in soldiermode it sticks out too long... but in fightermode I can't make it shorter than it is.

As for the rest there should be no problem at all. This time you can open the window on the canopy. Some parts are to be covered with transparent film.

post-26-1094569939_thumb.jpg

I'm currently working in two modes... fighter and soldier, using the same parts and scale/fit them to get the right proportions. The most difficult one is the canopy... in soldiermode it sticks out too long... but in fightermode I can't make it shorter than it is.

As for the rest there should be no problem at all. This time you can open the window on the canopy. Some parts are to be covered with transparent film.

Collapsible nosecone?

vinnie

I'm currently working in two modes... fighter and soldier, using the same parts and scale/fit them to get the right proportions.  The most difficult one is the canopy... in soldiermode it sticks out too long... but in fightermode I can't make it shorter than it is.

Collapsible nosecone?

vinnie

Hey! Good thinking! I got an idea but that will cost the interior of the cockpit.

Thanks! :)

Thnx... I think this will aproximately takes 20 hrs to build. It depends on how precise you work with cutting paper etc...

I got a nice solution to the "nosecone" problem, but it's gonna cost our interior but even increases the accuracy:

post-26-1094590175.jpg

OK... I'm still busy scaling and fitting parts in 3D. I want the model to be as accurate like the anime as possible. In the anime the fighter looks very small... and it has small wings, in soldier mode it kinda looks bulky.

The intake/engine is shorten so the leg and kneecap can move more compact, therefore the bodypart can collaps. The wings are the same size as in the anime.

The wings are quite a problem. I've found a great sollution and it's something I actually hoped the original designers had done. In soldier mode the flaps of the wings fold 45 degrees inwards fitting between the bodypart and nosecone so making it shorter.

As for the nosecone itself... it is collapsable too.

post-26-1094784466_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Thanks for the *bump* !!

I don't know how, but I completely missed this thread! What amazing work.

Graham once sent me the link to a 1:1 papercraft pulse rifle from the movie Aliens. But I was always too daunted to make a model out of mere paper.. you make it look like magic. I guess all my small mind can complrehend is paper airplanes.

I want a pulse paper rifle!!! please post the link or pm me the link!!!

edit: never mind I found it

it is so cool!!!!

Paper Craft Pulse Rifle

m41model07.jpg

Hey Kin!!!! Nice avatar!!!!! Ah-Ha! Take On me Music Vid!!!!

Amazing isn't it? I don't know how you people do it. And the beauty of it is, it's almost free to make it! All you need is a lot of talent.

The craziest thing about that pulse rifle is that you can barely tell that it is made out of paper. Only in the close up photos is it apparent. I wish I had that kind of skill for papercraft or regular model making. I can't wait to see how the legioss turns out.

its not hard. jsut cut, fold and paste