Macross 20th Aniiversary Premium Collection DVD

JLYC

Depends on what you already have. There isn't any story content, just a lot of extra features. Mind you they're really good extra features, but only extra features none the less. Personally, I find it worth it to get the SD intro, DYRL animated scenes, and VFX-2 intro alone.

The 20th Anniversary disc is just awesome!

Clips from all shows Macross with even toy commercials.

The begining intro CGI is amazing too!!

Depends what you are into though.

As much as i love the 20th Anniversary disc, it is ONLY extras.

And short too, about 50 minutes for the whole DVD.

Well worth the money though!

WHOOOOOOOOO!!!

How long is the Total Running Time of this DVD? Anyone? Thanks. :)

(Talking about the 20th Anniv DVD) :lol:

...alright I just finished the last commercial for VFX-2 plus the end credit.

The whole dvd runs just under one hour.

About 42 minutes for all the DYRL, Plus, 2, 7 and video game movies.

17+ minutes for the timeline.

The timeline stuff on the DVD:

Does it have this guy saying out the years in English in this kinda stupid voice, followed by description of events in Japanese? I have a 'timeline' on my pirate Macross Plus OVA VCD and I'm just wondering if it's the same thing for the 20th anniversary DVD. thx

The timeline stuff on the DVD:

Does it have this guy saying out the years in English in this kinda stupid voice, followed by description of events in Japanese? I have a 'timeline' on my pirate Macross Plus OVA VCD and I'm just wondering if it's the same thing for the 20th anniversary DVD. thx

No, unfortunately, it doesn't have "Macross: A Future Chronicle" on it...

*Doom laden voice: "2010 - Lynn Minmay Plan put into operation!"*

Heh.

Strangely, my copy of the 20th Anniversary disc doesn't have the toy commercials...at least, not anywhere that I've been able to locate on the menu. Playing the whole thing through doesn't make 'em appear, either. Anybody know what gives?

I'm also getting Macross the Complete CD set- any opinions on this?? thx

totally worth it... I'm listening to it right now... :D If there's any Macross music CD worth getting it's this one. The second disk instrumentals are great...

Hell you can even karaoke... :unsure:

:lol:

I am a little disappointed by the 20th Anniv. DVD. It has enough on it to make you hungry for more and not enough to be a complete collection of clips. Several game FMV clips are missing from this DVD.

As for the toy commercials not accessible on your DVD, is yours an authentic or boot disc?

Added:

Macross the Complete is a must-have for fans of the original TV series and DYRL. Too bad it's missing at least one track that I can think of...

Edited by Jolly Rogers

I have this disc and I love it. Especially all the stuff with the YF-19 in the intro and the Video Game footage. Watching that Mac7 intro like 5x in a row gets really old though... but WELL worth it!

I am a little disappointed by the 20th Anniv. DVD. It has enough on it to make you hungry for more and not enough to be a complete collection of clips. Several game FMV clips are missing from this DVD.

As for the toy commercials not accessible on your DVD, is yours an authentic or boot disc?

Added:

Macross the Complete is a must-have for fans of the original TV series and DYRL. Too bad it's missing at least one track that I can think of...

What track would that be?

I wouldn't exactly say the DVD is worth the money seeing as those are all extras that should have been included on the actual overpriced movie and series DVDs in the first place. Money-grabbin' gits.

I am a little disappointed by the 20th Anniv. DVD.  It has enough on it to make you hungry for more and not enough to be a complete collection of clips.  Several game FMV clips are missing from this DVD. 

Added:

Macross the Complete is a must-have for fans of the original TV series and DYRL.  Too bad it's missing at least one track that I can think of...

What track would that be?

I wish I can remember, this was mentioned on the old boards which are still offline as we speak. :( Maybe someone here remembers which track it was. I think it was either a guitar instrumental or Minmei a capella version of a theme (probably the ED?).

Look at it this way. If it had been included spread amongst R2 series DVD releases, it would have been a hell of a lot more expensive to get all the extra's. This way they're neatly bundled into one easy to obtain DVD that goes nicely along with an R1 collection which lacks such extra's.

Look at it this way. If it had been included spread amongst R2 series DVD releases, it would have been a hell of a lot more expensive to get all the extra's. This way they're neatly bundled into one easy to obtain DVD that goes nicely along with an R1 collection which lacks such extra's.

It's an R2 release intended for the Japanese market. The R2 series releases are also for the Japanese market. What may be convenient for you, is not necessarily convenient for everyone else.

I'm trying to look at it objectively. The people who spent a fortune on the series R2 releases have to spend even more to get something that could have been easily just spread over all the releases. That's just stupid.

And guess what? R2 versions of SDF Mac series are apparently no longer in production anyway. Yay! Now the only way to get the original show is through Harmony Gold! Yippee! Macross just gets better all the time!!!! :angry:

It's an R2 release intended for the Japanese market. The R2 series releases are also for the Japanese market. What may be convenient for you, is not necessarily convenient for everyone else.

I'm trying to look at it objectively. The people who spent a fortune on the series R2 releases have to spend even more to get something that could have been easily just spread over all the releases. That's just stupid.

And guess what? R2 versions of SDF Mac series are apparently no longer in production anyway. Yay! Now the only way to get the original show is through Harmony Gold! Yippee! Macross just gets better all the time!!!! :angry:

Considering the bare bones nature of R2 releases in general, I'm sure they were quite happy to get the extra's disc. Besides, in a country where OVA's are released 1 episode at a time at full retail price, an extra's only disc hardly seems out of the question.

It's a boot...I don't have a regionless player, and I think the original R2 version was long gone by the time I finally picked it up a year or so ago.

It also has hysterically bad subtitles with things like "Chando Blue fights Pink Fighters Meltran" or some such.