Zombie Fans Rejoice

Graham

Yay, Cinescape has news that director George Romero is finally going ahead with his fourth Zombie movie to be titled 'Land of The Dead'.

I'm a huge fan of Romero's Zombie movies (Night of the Living Dead 1968, Dawn of the Dead 1978 & Day of the Dead 1985). In fact Dawn of the Dead (the original not the remake) is in my list of all time top 5 favorite movies.

Can't wait to see Land of the Dead.

Graham

Thanks for the great news Graham!

When I was listening to Romero's commentary on the Dawn of the Dead DVD it kinda sucked hearing how much trouble he went through trying to pitch an idea for the fourth movie. Now that the remake was a success they're finally greenlighted another sequel. More BRAINS!

I hope Tom Savini and Stan Winston are somehow involved. :D;)

Now that the remake was a success they're finally greenlighted another sequel. More BRAINS!

I hope Tom Savini and Stan Winston are somehow involved. :D;)

Gotta admit, I'm not really a fan of the recent Dawn remake. The sprinting Zombies did nothing for me. Saw it once and had no desire to see it again and I won't be buying the DVD either. Unlike the original Dawn, where I've watched it countless times.

And yes, Savini better be involved with Land of the Dead. Actually, I thought Savini's cameo in the Dawn remake was the best part of the entire movie.

Graham

Good news, Night of the Living Dead is one of my favorite horror movies. Halloween season never goes by that I don't rewatch this classic. Still gives me chills when they go to get gas in the truck and screw up big time, all those zombies going into the truck one at a time taking a cooked morsel and then the munching afterwards with that creepy music.

Seeing how his movies have escallated from small to large scale I wonder how "big" Land of the Dead will be?

Well, the Cinescape article mentions a budget of 20 million, so it aint gonna be that big :(

Anybody know what the budget for the Dawn remake was?

Graham

Seeing how his movies have escallated from small to large scale I wonder how "big" Land of the Dead will be?

Well, the Cinescape article mentions a budget of 20 million, so it aint gonna be that big :(

Anybody know what the budget for the Dawn remake was?

Graham

Yeah but remember Graham Romero made "Night of the Living Dead" with a super small budget and it is a classic, even with a small budget a great director can do fantastic things. Hmm, I wonder if I can audition to be a Tom Savini Zombie, now that would awesome.

What I was referring to was the scale of the zombie menace. In Night it was claustrophobic... the zombies seemed to only be a here and there thing, they were just starting to get out of hand. Then in Dawn they seemed to be everywhere but people still had control. Then in Day the zombies seemed to control most of the cities and major areas with people hiding out for their safety...

Romero has been known to make magic on small budgets anyway. ;)

The article does mention that 'Land' will be a post-apocalyptic type movie, with survivors living in walled cities, so I'd expect a significant Zombie threat.

On the other hand, I remember reading an interview with Romero several years ago where IIRC, he said that in the 4th movie, which would be set 1 or 2 decades after Day of the Dead many of the Zombies would have decayed away, so the Zombie threat would be reduced.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Anyway, Romero is the man, so I'm sure he won't disappoint.

Graham

Random Smart ass comment: Someone's gotta make a movie out of the Typing Of The Dead.

Btw...i saw a trailer for "House Of The Dead" which I THOUGHT was supposed to be based off the game (heard news about a show based on the game)...but wtf...i see teenagers in abandoned house thing.... <_<

Sounds sweet.

By the by, have you guys heard about that new Day of the Dead movie? What's up with that?

I agree that 28 Days Later is the only good zombie movie in recent memory, its seems obvious that the creator studied the early Romero zombie movies for inspiration. Though technically in 28 Days Later they weren't really zombies, but it was cool none the less.

I never saw all of the zombie movies, so my question is did any of the movies show the origin of the zombie virus type of thingy? Like how it all started? I know how it spreads, that's great but what was the source of it? :huh:

I never saw all of the zombie movies, so my question is did any of the movies show the origin of the zombie virus type of thingy? Like how it all started? I know how it spreads, that's great but what was the source of it? :huh:

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

The article does mention that 'Land' will be a post-apocalyptic type movie, with survivors living in walled cities, so I'd expect a significant Zombie threat.

Somehow reading this all I can think of is http://steampowered.net/photoshop/curse.jpg

Yay, Cinescape has news that director George Romero is finally going ahead with his fourth Zombie movie to be titled 'Land of The Dead'.

I'm a huge fan of Romero's Zombie movies (Night of the Living Dead 1968, Dawn of the Dead 1978 & Day of the Dead 1985). In fact Dawn of the Dead (the original not the remake) is in my list of all time top 5 favorite movies.

Can't wait to see Land of the Dead.

Graham

Waow, just by looking at the titles of those movies can kind of tell you that there's lots of "Dead" going on :blink:

I've got all 3 movies. I first saw 'Day' when I was still sixteen, and the bit where the guy gets torn in half, and he's screaming, and as his larynx gets ripped out his scream rises in octaves until its a silent scream... that still gives me chills.

But I really loved the remake of Dawn. The running zombiea upped the panic level for me.. the survivors no longer had the luxury of casually doging those shambling zombies anymore. It was the bastard child of George Romero and Danny Boyle/Alex Garland.