I got them today....

Toonz

So I take it that the elint's tailfin section stays folded on the back even without the armor? It would be nice if it can fold back down so we can have a normal elint valk with no armor.  :p  :D  :lol:

unfortunately it cannot be converted to a normal valk due to the non-removable radar attachment :(

That kind of sucks. I wonder why Yamato chose this route? There had to be ways to impliment radar attachments that were removeable.

Still going to buy it, however I am a little disappointed.

Making the VE-1 able to convert into a normal Valk would have been a nice bonus.

So I take it that the elint's tailfin section stays folded on the back even without the armor? It would be nice if it can fold back down so we can have a normal elint valk with no armor.  :p  :D  :lol:

unfortunately it cannot be converted to a normal valk due to the non-removable radar attachment :(

Hmmm. That make's my half desires for the VE transfer to the VT. Which adds up a full desire for the VT. :blink:

.................. :huh: I'm Doomed!

Just to confirm. The VT can transform to normal fighter? (without the fast pack)

Ya the helmet's got these two big spaces above her head I was wondering if Yamato bother putting those in.

i'll check it out tonight :rolleyes:

What about the two big spaces?

Thanks in advanced!

:( That does not make me very happy! I really would like to have an elint to display without armor. To those that have the VE-1, here is a question: How difficult would it be to mod the radar attachment to be removable so that the elint could fully transform to fighter mode? Is it even possible? Please share your ideas! I really want to figure something out...this sucks!! <_<

BTW, thanks to Toonz for sharing the info! :)

Melissa

:( That does not make me very happy! I really would like to have an elint to display without armor. To those that have the VE-1, here is a question: How difficult would it be to mod the radar attachment to be removable so that the elint could fully transform to fighter mode? Is it even possible? Please share your ideas! I really want to figure something out...this sucks!! <_<

Melissa

Hah, I was about to ask the same thing. Of course, I mod everything I own, just about, so it's just natural that i'd do it here, too!

Man...that is just so incredibly lame...oh well, I guess I should have suspected some sort of "issues" with it... :(

Edited by Manji

She is.

OMG! That's just too cool!

Must be patient, must wait for 1/48... But then again I have every other 1/60 :blink:

WHAT DO I DO????!!!! Liver? Pancreas? anyone?

I wonder if these are going to be very limited...Will I be able to wait on these two...

You know what, Kevin (V-E) should do a MW member exclusive account, where we will only get the stuff from him, and he'll guaranty the product to each of those MW members. I don't know what would be better, but there's a lot of stuff comming out and not enough money to buy it all.

There's got to be a way were all MW members can get ALL the stuff Yamato is throwing at us :blink: No?

Vic.

Melissa

Hah, I was about to ask the same thing. Of course, I mod everything I own, just about, so it's just natural that i'd do it here, too!

So you are getting this one too? If so and if you figure out a way to mod it, please share! This is somewhat disappointing! :( If anyone has ANY ideas, let me know! ..I wonder if you could use any of the other 1/60 supers as a donor to mod it....might be worth a try!

Thanks,

Melissa

Hi guys, sorry, typed a big thing about the tails being different from the regual VF1's but like an idiot hit the preview post and then back button and lost it.

Short version: Backpacks are different. Not only the stem, but the size of the vertical stabs and of course the degree (about 45) at which these packs are mounted. Any conversions will be work... not impossible, but work.

sorry about the pics, I never said I was a cameraman. ;)

In a side note, while none of the above really bothers me, the fact that the stem the dish sits on is hinged at both ends kinda disapoints me. The dish rides up too high for me, and I wish I could lower it a bit, but with the system as it is now, it's really at the only height it can sit at without being tilted. :(

**Note** I was wrong about the bump in the folding section, is should go perpendicular to the body, it's just that with the bulge on the pack I didn't want to force it and end up cracking it. It takes a lot of presure though and makes a nasty crack when it pops into place. *scary*

post-4-1062248200_thumb.jpg

Edited by LePoseur

Melissa

So you are getting this one too? If so and if you figure out a way to mod it, please share! This is somewhat disappointing! :( If anyone has ANY ideas, let me know! ..I wonder if you could use any of the other 1/60 supers as a donor to mod it....might be worth a try!

Thanks,

Melissa

I've been considering getting one, when finances permit. It's not easy being 17 in LA....

Quick mini gallery before I clean up.

First up, the Elint...

Now I should say, although I've thought it is kinda cool due to shear gadget factor, I've never been a big Elint fan, I mean, I'd take a normal VF over it anyday. That being said, I was kind of excited to get this one as it is my first one (although I'd gladly trade it for a Bandai :p )

post-4-1062248429_thumb.jpg

On to the super O. Much better here. Better feeling of togetherness, a nice solid fighter all around, although the hook cover for the boosters still likes to pop off. The only kinda bad thing I have to say about Super O is that mine will stay in fighter mode all the time...

post-4-1062248810_thumb.jpg

It took me forever to get this beast into battroid! I've been working with 1/60's since they've come out and this was, bar-none, the hardest transformation I've ever had. The sad part is, it was all spent on the chest plate. Think the 1D was hard to lock down?? Bwhaha, just wait! Now it could have been mine alone, but I tried everything, went the whole "don't force it" method, passed through the "damnit, your going to move even if I have to break you" period as I used the floor against the nosecone for leverage, but all it did was leave my thumbs screaming in pain from trying to strech the metal frame of the chestplate so that it could slide down. Finally, for the first time ever, I resorted to sliding the chestplate into position first and then locking it down on the shoulders and back of the nose cone...

Yikes! never again I tell ya. Besides the battroid mode ain't worth it. Head could use some paint too.

Still, don't get the wrong impression, I love my Super O. I'd just love it more if it din't make me bleed. ;)

post-4-1062249262_thumb.jpg

Edited by LePoseur

Hi guys, sorry, typed a big thing about the tails being different from the regual VF1's but like an idiot hit the preview post and then back button and lost it.

Short version: Backpacks are different. Not only the stem, but the size of the vertical stabs and of course the degree (about 45) at which these packs are mounted. Any conversions will be work... not impossible, but work.

sorry about the pics, I never said I was a cameraman. ;)

In a side note, while none of the above really bothers me, the fact that the stem the dish sits on is hinged at both ends kinda disapoints me. The dish rides up too high for me, and I wish I could lower it a bit, but with the system as it is now, it's really at the only height it can sit at without being tilted. :(

**Note** I was wrong about the bump in the folding section, is should go perpendicular to the body, it's just that with the bulge on the pack I didn't want to force it and end up cracking it. It takes a lot of presure though and makes a nasty crack when it pops into place. *scary*

Actually Leposeur,

the side antaenas dun fall off easily, you just have to make sure that they are pushed all the way in into the holes. Thats what i did for mine and it stays on very well.

Edited by BlueMax

i notice something. if yamato can print the skull and macross logo on the fast pack boosters, why can't they print the eye symbol onto elint's boosters as well? :(:huh:

cut cost? :(:ph34r::angry:

I was wondering about that as well..... so far all the other boosters have got the tou-gou-gun symbol tampo printed on... what makes this different?

ok, nevermind then about the elint not being able to be in normal valk mode. It can but it just has that post sticking out in the back. That's ok I guess. Now, my other gripe is the super O doesn't come with any arm armor? LePoseur's pix show the super O with no arm armor. Wonder why it doesn't come with any? Man, as more pix come in, more flaws are pointed out. I guess nothing can be perfect. I guess I'ma have to wait for a miracle like bandai reissuing their elint and super O! :p:D:lol: