Xigfrid

M "The Ride" : VF-1X++ custom

That Vf-1X++ is really amazing, your white painting is faultless, the larger wings. Did you use Kurisama's head or Frameout's?

Together with @valhary, we are preparing a resin copy of this project that will be a great alternative to shapeways parts. So hopefully we will see more of these VF-1X++ in the future :)

Edited by Xigfrid

That's really cool. You're going to recast the parts you've made? For the head, I used Frameout's head. I can't wait to see the stuff you're working on in the near future. If you do work on anything new for this project, I hope you are able to do a wing replacement with the lead edge shield on the wing and the extended flap.

In fact that would be a direct recast of shapeways wsf parts. That means the parts will need to be sanded and drilled, but being in resin, this would be 3x times easier ;)

If the first recast sells well, a renewal (v2?) can be imagined of course. I am planing to model a few parts optimized for resin for instance and why not recasting the complete wings by then.

That came out great! Nice job all the way around! - MT

It's looking good. 

On 9/14/2018 at 11:33 PM, valhary said:

I just received the wings a very nice addition to this kit

IMG_9881.jpg

IMG_9896.jpg

Looking real good.

Thanks guys!

I planning recast the back to be one piece and be more solid and less fragile between transformations;)

Edited by valhary

What back piece are you referring to?

Very interesting. That's a great idea. I'm going to be redesigning those two top pieces so they look a little more accurate to the images of the MtR books. I think that's about all I want go change at this point.

2 hours ago, Jasonc said:

Very interesting. That's a great idea. I'm going to be redesigning those two top pieces so they look a little more accurate to the images of the MtR books. I think that's about all I want go change at this point.

Your custom already looks really good as is.  But I can understand wanting to improve your work.

Hey Jason!

If you redesigning the mini ailerons let me know because mine only provisional not final (no like me at 100%)

3 hours ago, valhary said:

Hey Jason!

If you redesigning the mini ailerons let me know because mine only provisional not final (no like me at 100%)

I'll let you know when I start them and post pics as I do them.