What would you like to see in a MUF sequel for PSP?

Graham

What would everybody like to see in a MUF sequel for the PSP? Here’s my wish list: -

• Full VF-X2 campaign, including all mecha and characters.
  • Full Macross M3 campaign, including all mecha and characters.
  • Full Macross II campaign, including all mecha and characters.
  • Full Macross Frontier Movie campaign, including the new Tornado Pack as well as any other new mecha or Vajra that appear in the movie.
  • Ability to use tune points to improve Super Packs and Armored Packs.
  • Stampede Valk!
  • Slightly larger Playing areas.
  • Players able to use their own Command and Auto Skills, rather than using the support Character’s skills. In fact, you can probably just get rid of the support character function.
  • In the Macross 7 campaign, add the following: Super Packs for the VF-17D/S and VF-19F/S, Atmospheric Super Packs for the VF-11C, oh and add the VF-11D Jamming birds.
  • Ability to customize missions, i.e. you can chose the type of battlefield and the number and type of enemy.

Graham

As awkward as it initially seems, I do like having the support characters. Though mayhaps they should be relegated to auto-skill only, "or" give the option of "not" using support characters, and in those cases, you'd default to your own characters command/auto settings. But, things I'd like to see that haven't been mentioned:

-Fast Packs for the VF-17's & VF-19's (as seen in Macross 7)

-Different character portraits for TV & DYRL characters

-At least 20 or so more slots for custom soundtracks.

-Fully individual custon song selections for music capable Valkyries (there's a hefty degree of overlap in this one)

-The ability to use support only characters as pilots (I "REALLY" wanted to have Sheryl pilot!)

-By the time the next game is out, we should have a seperate Frontier Movie campaign

-More Vajra types available.

-Angel Birds custom VF-1

-The TV Macross to have its TV color scheme.

-A "Monster Girl" paint scheme for Canaria's VB-6 (and for that matter, Canaria!)

-Kim, Shammy, Vanessa, Sally, Miho, Frontier bunnies, Lucy, etc as selectable operators.

-A special Ranka hologram version of Battle Galaxy.

-RVF-171 (we got an EX, but not an RVF-171 proper)

-VE-1

-Funny Chinese

-VF-3000

-VF-14

-Valgo, Zomd, Goram, PD Gigil, Gabigula, Netter Valgo, and playable Sivil.

-Mini EX Gear versiosn of Alto, Michel, and Luca

-Wareru, Loli, & Konda

-Yang as a support character

-Emilia & her Q-Rau custom, No Pedro, I don't need a "he pee'd in my Valkyrie) support skill thank you very much!

-More Robust enemy missions

-Why can't we transform with the SV-51's fast packs again???

-Aeries, & Mao as supports

-Edgar & Claudia (how the hell did I forget Claudia) as supports

-The Dragoon II

-Hikaru's magic flying bicycle!!!

-Liza, Chlore, Flower Girl (as a support), Docker, Dick & Morry,

-VF-11D Jamming Birds custom, if no pilots, then at the very least a picture of Bobby & one of the girls, also, Jamming Birds Sound Booster for Milia's VF-22

-VF-2JA, & Metal Siren, Wendy added as a support (along with the civillian Metal Siren).

-The VT-1 should be able to blow its fast pack too, like hwen it entered Earth's Atmosphere.

-Nex, Silvie, Hibiki, Dennis, Feff, & Ingus

-Gilliam, Cherry Boy (Aegis Focker), and the rest of the VFX-2 crew, inluding Timothy Dalton!!!

-Tornado pack

-Non pirate version of the VA-3

-Frontier's Gilliam, even if he does die in the first episode.

-Frontier's Bobby, Wilder is cool, but Bobby should really be the face of the Quarter.

-Global

-FB-2012 versions of Hikaru, Misa, & Minmay

-Laplamiz

-Alto's cannon fodder...i mean wing men!

-Physica complete with music box

-Chaser-1 oversized booster for the VF-11B.

-Rogue Zentradi armor.

-Hkaru's Fan Racer, and Minmay'ss Fan Jet.

-Fodder colors VF-25

-Ghost V9

-PHeyos Valkyrie

-Black Rainbow whateverthefartthatwas from VFX-2

-Battle-13

-Macross II Battle Pods (playable) and MII Fodder Zentradi

-Fairy Squadren

-Pixy Team!

-SNN Valkyrie

-A face portraid for Sharon

-Playable Grace, with hot skin tight flight suit!

And just for bonus giggles, in addition to the Stampede Valkyrie, I'd like to see a Battle City Megaload, & Brest Fighter.

I think the non-transforming SV-51 w/booster has to do with the fact that the wings would be stuck WAAAAAAY out because they wouldn't be able to fold at all. Otherwise, it could be to balance the fact that the Missile Rs that the booster equipped version has are capable of destroying even star units with a small salvo.

I kinda miss being able to use the thing in space, though.

I was also somewhat dissapointed over the lack of Global in the game, too. I mean, we get the Captain version of Max, and Wilder, but no Global?

And all units that have named pilots should also have corresponding voice actors.

Noticed a couple details for which fixing would be nice...

The gap between the Gsh-231 and the body of the SV-51 in fighter mode is WAAAAY too obvious.

Ivanov's SV-51y should be a darker shade of grey/black, not the weird grey-blue it currently is. As is, i have to customize it myself.

The intakes need to be more detailed. As is, they look horrendous on the SV-51.

The SV-51a has only one visible 12.7mm machine gun, as it should be, but when fired, there are two bullet streams.

Real flight mode needs to stall less easily(it only takes a couple seconds, as opposed to Normal flight), and it needs to have a better sense of speed, and the ability to look around. Real actually puts you at a disadvantage, as people using Normal can lock on to targets at their 6, while someone using Real must actually aim at them.

Quedluun-Rau/Rea coloring needs to be fixed, as the default color for Milia and Klan's respective machines are pink instead of red.

Transparent canopies would be nice, too.

Edited by D.D. Ivanov

Handhelds all the way. I don't even have time to watch TV except during breakfast, so there's no way I'm buying a console. I'd have to buy a new TV, too, because mine is tiny.

That said, I have the Dreamcast and PS2 Mac games but no machines to play them on.... :(

• 2 weeks later...

Sound Force units need to be able to gattai into their Sound Boosters mid-mission. (Booster and Body HP tracked seperately?)

The rest of the Protodeviln weirdos instead of just Sivil, Glavil and Geperuniti.

Adding the Neo-Glaug sub-boss from the PSX game into the final Macross Plus mission.

More iconic launch sequences from the series instead of just the boring generic one we have now. (Prometheus carrier deck launch, Diamond Force linear catapult, Eden airbase runway takeoff, DYRL boom arm launch, SV-51 submarine launch.

Also, damage maps on capital ships other than the Thurvel-Salan. Why did they bother with only that one ship, I wonder?

Edited by hulagu

Definately ship specific launch sequences. Battle 7, Battle Frontier, Promethus, & ARMD carrier launches would be freakin' awesome. Also, battleships should just appear themselves, instead of launching from some kind of uber hanger :)

And being able to equip/seperat from sound boosters mid mission would indeed be awesome. For that matter, the Frontier fast packs should also be capable of that.

Definately ship specific launch sequences. Battle 7, Battle Frontier, Promethus, & ARMD carrier launches would be freakin' awesome. Also, battleships should just appear themselves, instead of launching from some kind of uber hanger :)

And being able to equip/seperat from sound boosters mid mission would indeed be awesome. For that matter, the Frontier fast packs should also be capable of that.

Dedicated launch sequences is a brilliant idea. It's pretty silly having Protodeviln, capital ships and the AIPHOS launching from the same hanger as VFs.

So, yeah, SV-51s luanching vertically from the submarine, VF-0s launching from the carrier deck, DYRL VF-1s launching from the launch arm for space missions and another no brainer is of course Diamond Force and Emerald Force lauching from the electromagnetic catapult thingy oloacted below Battle 7's bridge.

Graham

We need a way to get ALL of Sound Force out at the same time, at least just the characters. Using Pilot, Wingman, and Support, I can only get Basara, Mylene, and Ray out at once.

Freeplay you can get everyone out, using Veffidas as support.

umm, space to atmosphere missions? Atmosphere to space using required FP's/Space Boosters for the 1's and 11's obviously.

Whole world sectors, travel in and out and across and up up up! .. not just restricted to one area, oh so much i want in a macross game, but limited by power and size.

But one very imporant feature happened in MUF, FP disengage!!!! I can't get over how cool that is, and the fact i'm yet to play the bloody thing because of late shipment ! !! ! !

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I pretty much agree with you all, but something I haven't seen mentioned (much) is to have a squadron of three persons at the same time.

Hikaru had Max and Kakizaki (until Kakizaki got offed)

Alto had Michael and Luca (until Michael got offed)

In the PS2 Macross, you have Bruce and Eddie.

Why not have two partners too?

The mechanics could be the same used so far for the single wingmate, or maybe with right or left on the analog pad to select orders for the second wingmate. As it is, you change into Gerwalk with both left and right.

Something I would REALLY like in a sequel is to have an original campaign with the characters we get like Miyuki, Yuuto, etc. I'd actually prefer to play with a faceless custom character like in the PS2 Macross game. I mean, there is a LOT of stuff not covered on screen that could be in an original campaign, and Kawamori HAS overseen game original stories like M3 and VF-X2. Why not have an original one here too? Plus, the squadron got a name this time. Moonsomethingorother...

I also would like to have generic valkyries for all campaigns that don't have the character's color scheme and base stats. Sure, you can do most of it with the custom color thing, but I actually like the generic VF-1A, the generic VF-27, generic VF-171 and so on. But the VF-25s we get ARE character units. They're even numbered!

This is minor, of course, but it'd be a nice touch.

Something cool would be to get a sort of template to import a texture and use it on the mech of your choice. The Sheryl paints cheme on the All That VF video was a fun idea. Playing on multiplayer would be a nightmare, so maybe keeping it for single player would be the way to go on that one, I guess...

On the matter of customizing, it'd be cool to custom your VF for something extra. Let's say I pick the VF-25F. I'd like to carry Ghosts with me. That'd be optional as well, but it'd add a new level of customization. Some would like a sniper rifle, others would like the VF-27's cannon, etc. Of course, I'm talking about Frontier mechs. But other series have some degree of individual machines. Maybe even play with a Sound Force inspired VF-19S or a VF-22S.

Maybe even have a VF-1J equipped with a sound booster

Hey, what about the Elint Seeker? There's no Elint.

Well, this one can't exactly apply, as it was a squadron of four planes. Technically, Ozma, Michael, and Luca would have command over Alto, since he's the number four, and therefore takes the trail position.

Well, that's true. Wrong character, I guess. But you did understand my point, heheh.

Wait, wait... What was Alto's and Michael's final rank? At least for a little while Alto had his lackeys... But didn't they get filled with holes by the V9s?

Anyway, I got OT...

Getting back on the topic, I'd like the next game to have a sort of story mode, not just the cool but not that fulfilling for me campaign mode.

That's where Kawamori could come up with an original story... An original singer or singers would be cool too.

Edited by CrazyMartian

Lynn Kaifun should so be a support character. He would be forever telling your character off no matter how you do and spouting off about the evils of the fascist military-industrial complex that is UN Spacy, mellowing into a sort of begrudging forbearance at 5 hearts. (Hey, it's better than the Gepernetti who doesn't do anything but sit around and looking like he's stoned out of his mind - seriously, I don't remember him looking _that_ kooky even when he was getting his socks rocked off in the finale).

Edited by hulagu

Lynn Kaifun should so be a support character. He would be forever telling your character off no matter how you do and spouting off about the evils of the fascist military-industrial complex that is UN Spacy, mellowing into a sort of begrudging forbearance at 5 hearts. (Hey, it's better than the Gepernetti who doesn't do anything but sit around and looking like he's stoned out of his mind - seriously, I don't remember him looking _that_ kooky even when he was getting his socks rocked off in the finale).

Kaifun!? Please, no !

And I'm pretty sure Gepernitch (or whatever) looked REALLY nutty in the last episode... I could barely stand him... SAme in the final 7 Mission... He doesn't just look stoned... He looks as if he's enjoying everything he's being thrown...

Creeps me out...

Edited by CrazyMartian