Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

Okay considering that you guyz were so very slow at answering my questions I went searching and considering that a month has past with so much excitement and game play I knew there would be answers else were. And I found some and unlike some of you guru's at the game I am posting my knowledge. Good info in English, I knew I was missing some ability to use and good explanations of some things. I know I know there was a post on like page 23 or so that had much information on website that all you had to do was use Google translate "the golden tool", but the English was still messy some of the sentences said strange things such as;

fly high with goose yellow using arrow key triangle on D pad funny monkey. all puns intended.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage....;topic=51873093

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage....;topic=51607816

The second link has most of the basic controls.

As for specials,

TRIANGLE+CIRCLE = Use your mecha's option pack SP attack if equipped, otherwise use your mecha specific SP attack.

Select+D-PAD Down = Order your partner to use his mecha's option pack SP if equipped, otherwise use his mecha specific SP attack. Greyed out on select menu when partner has not enough SP (partner's gauge under HP bar).

L-Trigger+TRIANGLE+CIRCLE = Do the SP attack simultaneously with your partner. Make sure both have enough SP available, or you will most likely end up doing the L-Trigger+TRIANGLE melee charge attack instead accidentally.

CIRCLE+X = Activate the equipped active support skill of the character you put in support, which may have various effects. Some of them have unique skills only available to them normally.

ed: I think using a support character with max hearts with another character also allows you access to the second character's unique skills? Shin, whom I mostly use, with maxed out relationship with nearly everyone has every auto skill and command skill available.

Edited by hulagu

Arg !! my save has broken 29 hours of play loads of SS missions and most everything maxed out. Just started on the Plus missions got awarded the 19 and 21 and it just freezes the psp. Start a new save and go straight to the plus missions and it locks up at the same point. ???

Is it normal that when starting a new save you keep all the tune points and custom colours from your first save.

Worst case is I need to do all the missions again and get my SS and S ranks spend a whole load of time getting points for the shop and getting back my level 21 and maxed out character stats.

Arg !! my save has broken 29 hours of play loads of SS missions and most everything maxed out. Just started on the Plus missions got awarded the 19 and 21 and it just freezes the psp. Start a new save and go straight to the plus missions and it locks up at the same point. ???

Is it normal that when starting a new save you keep all the tune points and custom colours from your first save.

Worst case is I need to do all the missions again and get my SS and S ranks spend a whole load of time getting points for the shop and getting back my level 21 and maxed out character stats.

It shouldn't be a hang. The game wants you to choose either the YF-19 or YF-21 as your prize on that screen. So choose one to continue, you'll get the other one later in the Plus campaign.

After unlocking the tune limiter, how many of you are taking the time to max out every stat on every single mecha?

I'm still deciding if I will do that or not.

So far I've completely maxed out the VF-25S, VF-25F, Konig Monster and TV version SDF-1. I'll probably max out at least the VF-171EX Alto, VF-22 Max, Ghost X9, VF-2SS and green VF-27, if not a few others as well.

Graham

After unlocking the tune limiter, how many of you are taking the time to max out every stat on every single mecha?

I'm still deciding if I will do that or not.

So far I've completely maxed out the VF-25S, VF-25F, Konig Monster and TV version SDF-1. I'll probably max out at least the VF-171EX Alto, VF-22 Max, Ghost X9, VF-2SS and green VF-27, if not a few others as well.

Graham

While I am not trying to max out ALL mechas, I basically use what time i can (waiting for GF, bus rides, or any in-between time) to play. I have long finished the missions, but I'll try to use different characters and mechas each time til their stats are maxed. (I've quite a few characters who can use Max World right now ;)) Each valk also have slight differnces from each other so, that helps with the replay value as well, as you can have different ways to complete the missions: Do you engage in hand to hand combat? Micromissles, Cluster Missles, or reaction missles, blah... blah...

With my valks on display mostly, playing with different valks on the PSP is my way of playing with my toys on display.

Also having loads of fun using the "last supper" special to take out multiple enemies, sometimes I think i can even take out 3 waves of enemies in one blast! real nice. ;)

While I am not trying to max out ALL mechas, I basically use what time i can (waiting for GF, bus rides, or any in-between time) to play. I have long finished the missions, but I'll try to use different characters and mechas each time til their stats are maxed. (I've quite a few characters who can use Max World right now ;)) Each valk also have slight differnces from each other so, that helps with the replay value as well, as you can have different ways to complete the missions: Do you engage in hand to hand combat? Micromissles, Cluster Missles, or reaction missles, blah... blah...

With my valks on display mostly, playing with different valks on the PSP is my way of playing with my toys on display.

So maxing out relationships does give a character access to other character skills when used as support? Do relationship hearts have any other effects aside from this and the banter?

Me, I've maxed out the the Zero mecha, the four Monsters, The Varuatan VFs, the Fire Valkyrie and the VF2SS so far.

Also having loads of fun using the "last supper" special to take out multiple enemies, sometimes I think i can even take out 3 waves of enemies in one blast! real nice. ;)

Who've have thought Kakizaki would actually be so useful?

Edited by hulagu

So maxing out relationships does give a character access to other character skills when used as support? Do relationship hearts have any other effects aside from this and the banter?

Who've have thought Kakizaki would actually be so useful?

What I can say is that in the process of getting access to other characters' skills, you would inevitably max out relationships waaaay before the final skill: Max world is unlocked (SP points have to be 9999, unles the character is Max of course). the main tangible that I know is that partner characters, with maxed hearts, will respond positively to your orders when once they are passed. With a "raw" relationship, the partner will reject your commands initially and only respond positively after 2 - 3 consecutive orders.

I think I bought the ability to use other characters' skills, but i can't remember at what shop level or how much.

I can only say Kakizaki is waaaaaaaaaay unworthy of this uber useful and powerful skill ;)

Interesting to see that it's much more challenging to unlock the pilots for campaign mode than it was for MAF. Just curious, but how do you unlock the VF-27 Brera Custom? I already cleared all the Frontier and Enemy missions, however one or two of them are still A/B/C.

It shouldn't be a hang. The game wants you to choose either the YF-19 or YF-21 as your prize on that screen. So choose one to continue, you'll get the other one later in the Plus campaign.

Thanks for that. Strange that It did not let me choose last time I tried ??

Playing through zero again and maxing out another Mecha was the only great thing I got out of starting again. The only pain in the ass thing is how I have obviously changed my play style due to the experience points my primary playing character had earned. plying dumbed down in maxed out Valks is not the same. Well on with the maxing out process :)

I'm going through and getting a SS rank on all of the missions. However, I'm having trouble with the following missions. Any help?

SDF Macross - 0-G Love

SDF Macross - Homilia Attack

SDF Macross - A Sad Doll

SDF Macross - Yasashia Sayonaraa (the last mission)

Macross 7 - Planet Dance

Edited by RLZIII

I am taking a self imposed break from MUF so I don't go insane, and am temporarily playing Gundam Vs Gundam Next Plus. When I come back, i'll help with any missions you have left :)

How many hours did you rack up on MUF before your break?

I'm on 139 at the moment.

Graham

Ya' know what, even before reading your post, I've also had that feeling recently that playing MUF is really just like another way of playing with my toys.

It's great having these high-end toys on display and then actually go and be able to play them in a 3D combat mission.

Graham

Ya' know what, even before reading your post, I've also had that feeling recently that playing MUF is really just like another way of playing with my toys.

It's great having these high-end toys on display and then actually go and be able to play them in a 3D combat mission.

Graham

You guyz are right and I like to play with my toys, I dont care how old I get and Sony has made a great way to play with my toys. I have had my psp for like at least five years and its still kicking like the first day.

Every one tell me how long have you had your psp; or the longest time you have had a psp!!!!

How many hours did you rack up on MUF before your break?

I'm on 139 at the moment.

Graham

Over 170, I have all mecha leveled up, a few characters mostly 100%, with the rest of them between 50/70%. All missions are S ranked, most are SS ranked, and only a handful of title ranks are left to purchase in the Nyan Nyan shop. I was actually about to start on Ultimate, before I decided to take a break first.

Edited by Keith

Ultimate is truly the best way of playing with Valkyries, and the cheapest way too! And the most space saving... :) I've had my PSP since Metal Gear Portable Ops came out, so at leas 4 or so years. Though ast year I traded in my old fatty for a sweet 3000 model.

Edited by Keith

I got mine to play Ace Frontier (and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite) too. Unfortunately I never managed to find a copy of Ace Frontier in my regular game stores, so I was pleasantly surprised to see Ultimate Frontier on the shelf this year.

What are the chances they will release another Macross Frontier game next year, you think?

Edited by hulagu

I got mine on my first trip to Tokyo, it was not long after the launch of the PSP. Still works just great although I modded the firmware a while ago so I can access all my UMDs from a memory card. No need to take em arround and risk loosing them or damage etc. All those cheap Gigs of storage :).

Does anyone know how to go back to earning upgrade points, somewhere I seem to have changed to getting Nyan Nan points instead. IIRC it was after I purchased the VF 19 Blazer mid way through the M7 missions.

If you want all the auto skills and command skills information you can find it at these two blogs

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage....;topic=51873093

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage....;topic=51607816

I cant say the information will be right in your face but its there all of it either on the first or second page of one of those links.

I'm going through and getting a SS rank on all of the missions. However, I'm having trouble with the following missions. Any help?

SDF Macross - 0-G Love

Defeat the Zentradi mecha, but do not attack the Z-Soldiers when they bail out. Go for the grunt units first yourself before taking on the aces, lest Max+Milia or your partner botch the takedown and kill the pilots as well. Ordering your partner to defend only may also help. Do not use any missiles, especially not the multi lockon one. Use a fully maxed out laser weapon which should be able to quickly one shot grunt units.Remember to switch lock away from the Z-Soldier ejecting after each kill. The Regult works well to SS this mission.

When the Nupetiet Vergnitz appears, immediately move right to the prow of the ship. You should be able to lock on to a missile cannon/beam cannon. Once you acquire the lock. beam spam with your laser weapon until you take out all of its cannons. (The lockon chain will automatically switch to the next cannon, and will not acquire the ship itself until all the cannons are gone, so don't manually switch lock once a cannon is acquired). You don't need to manouver into position to take out cannons on the opposite side of the ship as lasers cut right through capital ships. Attack the ship once all the cannons are gone.

During your attacks, an ace Regult and ace Nousjadeul-Ger will appear. Deal with them like you did the first wave, then continue finishing off the ship.

SDF Macross - Komilia Attack

Speed is important for this mission. In the second half, use your guns to quickly take out enemies, but stay mobile by strafing left and right while doing so because the ace Nousjadeul-Gers and the several formations of laser using Regults are pretty deadly if you get hit. You may want to bring a healing support unit if you tend to get damaged before mission's end. I used a Glaug to SS this. Pulling off combos, clearing the mission fast and without taking damage is key.

Edited by hulagu

I bought my PSP on the same day Macross Ace Frontier was released.

I think you can guess which game I bought it to play. :-D

Graham

Heh, i'm sure i can. It's also my reason as to why i'm buying a PSP next month. Just a shame it's taken this long to save up for one, though i'm sure to catch up with a long marathon.

Edited by shiroth

Heh, i'm sure i can. It's also my reason as to why i'm buying a PSP next month. Just a shame it's taken this long to save up for one, though i'm sure to catch up with a long marathon.

Yes then when people ask you what you did last week you can just say played PSP, and then when they ask what else you can say nothing just played PSP..... :ph34r:

SDF Macross - A Sad Doll

The four allied units spread across the map must survive, and enemy units must not reach the two miclone chambers. It's an urban level with lots of cover, so use a unit with good mobility and powerful guns. I used a Glaug, with someone with good marksmanship in a Monster Mk II as partner.

Three ace units will appear one at a time, ideally you should rush to engage and destroy them before they get off a shot, otherwise they will most likely kill a guest unit. (Usually that VF-1A always getting underfoot.).

Also, try to kill the grunt units in combo chains and take zero damage for additional bonus points, because just meeting the objectives is not enough to get the SS.

Edited by hulagu

Thanks for the help. I was able to get the SS-rank of Komila Attack and A Sad Doll. Still working on the other three; with 0-G Love I can't seem to get a SS-rank, even though I seem to max 'most every Bonus. And on Planet Dance, I max everything but Special 2 (I get a 0, as I don't know what it is).

Thanks for the help. I was able to get the SS-rank of Komila Attack and A Sad Doll. Still working on the other three; with 0-G Love I can't seem to get a SS-rank, even though I seem to max 'most every Bonus. And on Planet Dance, I max everything but Special 2 (I get a 0, as I don't know what it is).

Special 2 is "Destroy all enemy reinforcements", but I haven't been able to meet that objective either.

Yes then when people ask you what you did last week you can just say played PSP, and then when they ask what else you can say nothing just played PSP..... :ph34r:

That should be enough, "just playing psp", because the game has many parts to it. I like the game because of the many options that it has and the detail put into producing it.

The replay ability is obviously 100 percent. You cannot do every thing in one play, which cannot be said for many games created these dayz.

It all in the details

For the ones that have been asking about the video in the limited edition UMD... here's a XMas gift for you.

I was looking for a way to connect the PSP video cable to the computer to no avail, but I managed to record the video from the intro using my camera (crappy, i know, but it was the only option)

Hope you like it:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1759K2MO