Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

Graham:

Shop translate are here:

Down from MENU

Character; Mecha; New Mode open; BGM; Movie; Wallpaper; Title; Icon

and the last is leave the shop.

In the shop with Black word is you haven't own it and you can buy it.

Grey word is you already own/buy it.

Blue word only appear on mecha. That it mecha tune point(different mecha have different tune point, like TYPE-14 each time is 300pt, VF-0D is 600pt), you can buy it many times until reaching tune limit.

New mode open I have mention detail before in post 508(page 15)

Click it to post 508

BGM, movie and wallpaper you can find it on top menu "Option"

Title and icon is use for your card.

I've been playing the D7 chronicle mission for a while now but I still can't figure what the bonus actually is. Can someone please translate it?

Getting a SS rank for this mission is a real pain.

Edit: finally got a SS rank by luck (still curious about what the bonus is though)

vivitoru:

Are you talking the "Special 1" item??

That is using song to defect all galaxy whale. (there have 1 white and 3 purple)

Very happy that there is less need to use melee combat in MUF in order to get a high score.

That was one thing I disliked about MAF, that in many stages you needed to melee attack most enemies to get an S or SS.

IMO, Macross should be about missile and gunpod combat, with melee used as a last resort or attack of opportunity,, not the main method of attack.

Macross is not Gundam, where beam rifles seem to run out after a few shots or be ineffective and the hero inevitably has to charge in with his beam saber.

Graham

Hahaha, that's where Macross wins over Gundam imo :p

That and the variable fighters and lovely songs :)

But you gotta love the shower of missiles :D

I think I've bought almost every game system that I've ever had for a particular game. There may be a couple of exceptions. Let's see:

Atari 2600 my mom bought for me. I think the first game I had for it was Defender.

Sega Genesis for Shining Force II

PC Engine DUO for Macross 2036

Sega CD for Lunar

Super NES for Starfox

Playstation for Final Fantasy VII

Playstation 2 Final Fantasy X

PSP I got just because I thought it was cool.

XBOX 360 I totally admit to buying because I really liked Project Silpheed after playing it at a friend's place.

Nintendo DS for its version of Final Fantasy III

Wii for the Virtual Console games

Playstation 3 i got due to the price drop and the fact that Final Fantasy XIII comes out in Japan before it does in the US.

That's cool. Now I don't feel so bad buying a PSP for Frontier.

Thank you for the translations everyone.

I'm getting my ass kicked by Focker in the fourth SDF:M mission.

You know honestly. I rarly get my ass handed back to me. I usually play the early missions a massive amount of time to max out my Valkyrie, plus it also helps out alot now, that I unlocked the tune limiter. :D

I started doing that as well, but I noticed it took off some of the enjoyment for me. I actually like struggling with some characters.

One of my favorites is actually the AFOS battle with the VF-0A in a limited state. It's just hellish.

I think MUF made me into a masochist gamer...

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but the L-Button used in combination with right or left on the D-Pad controls the "rudder." I didn't even realize it until I accidentally pressed it. :p

I did it accidentally and didn't know what I pressed. I was just spacing out. Then, I went to the tutorial missions and it was explained there.

A question for everyone: What's your favorite mech and with what colors?

Personally, I can't choose between the VF-25F in black with purple highlights and the VF-1S (Banrose unit) with the same colors.

How about everyone else?

I did it accidentally and didn't know what I pressed. I was just spacing out. Then, I went to the tutorial missions and it was explained there.

A question for everyone: What's your favorite mech and with what colors?

Personally, I can't choose between the VF-25F in black with purple highlights and the VF-1S (Banrose unit) with the same colors.

How about everyone else?

Me it's usually the YF-21,Koeing. and I usually go dark (like midnight) blue and Yellow highlights, for both.

That was it. I unlocked the era limiter and the stat limiter in the store. As always, held triangle when I went to the shop to get Sheryl to show up so they cost less. Nice to use the ghost to beat everything into pulp with super RM missiles.

Strange, that's the opposite for me. Buying stuff from Ranka in the shop is more expensive than buying from Sheryl.

Also, what do you mean by the phrase "As always, held triangle when I went to the shop"?

Graham

On shop level 20 and bought everything in the 'New Mode' (3rd) category, including the expensive stuff that was 25K+ and 36k+ IIRC, but still no stat limiter or era unlocker. Well, to clarify, I think I've bought them, but they are not working yet.

Mind you, I've only played the Zero and SDFM eras so far (been playing the crap out of them to level up everything (35 hours spent just on 2 eras). Just started on DYRL.

Graham

Thanks BlueMax.

Is it normal for a person to buy a PSP just to play this game?

Apart from my Sega Mega Drive, I bought all my consoles to play Macross games: -

Ninetendo Super Famicom to play Scrambled Valkyrie.

Playstation to play VF-X. Of course VF-X2, DYRL & MPGE also came out.

Sega Dreamcast to play M3.

PS2 to play Macross game and also the Another Century games which feature Macross mecha.

PSP to play MAF and now MUF.

Graham

Raising your heart level with Sheryl & Ranka (both) will lower your shop costs.

Additional information:

The price is depend on your main character and shop attender hearts

4 big hearts have 10% off

5 big hearts have 20% off

To raise their heart there have two methods.

One is use them as support, second is buying thing from them.

Strange, that's the opposite for me. Buying stuff from Ranka in the shop is more expensive than buying from Sheryl.

Also, what do you mean by the phrase "As always, held triangle when I went to the shop"?

Graham

When you held triangle button to get in shop(means press both of them to get in the shop). Sheryl must appear at the shop~~

Edited by ~Homer~likeVF19A

I find it strange that I can buy tune points for the VT-1C even though I have not unlocked the mecha. And I think I have an S rank on all the Dynamite missions, except the last one with the whales. Do you unlock the VT-1C when you S-rank that one? I still don't get what you're supposed to do. Someone explained recently but it was not clear. Something about "defecting whales"? Does not make much sense to me, sorry... can I have a clearer explanation, please?

Also, In the M7 mission "Gamlin's Revolt: I Call Your Name" I only get an A, even though I beat the hell out of everything with no problem as I've got a souped-up Fire Valk. In fact, I even killed Gamlin in an instant. Am I supposed to give him a chance, so that Glavil comes out of his body?

And I read that you get the Sound Boosters when you S-rank "Fleet of the Strongest Women: Totsugeki Love Heart". I can only get an A on that one, but I will keep trying.

Lastly, how do you unlock Sivil? I thought I had unlocked her because I can select her in the Freeplay missions, but she's not in my roster in the campaign mode.

I still have a lot of playing to do, because I am still unfinished in both DYRL and Mac Plus whilst going back and trying to S-rank everything on D7, M7 and M0, and have still not touched SDF TV. Can't wait to try the VF-9 and VF-2SS.

Oh, I forgot to mention Frontier! Yeah, still halfway through that, too. So far M7 has been the most exciting, though, and DYRL is a real novelty. Damn hard, though.

On shop level 20 and bought everything in the 'New Mode' (3rd) category, including the expensive stuff that was 25K+ and 36k+ IIRC, but still no stat limiter or era unlocker. Well, to clarify, I think I've bought them, but they are not working yet.

Mind you, I've only played the Zero and SDFM eras so far (been playing the poo out of them to level up everything (35 hours spent just on 2 eras). Just started on DYRL.

Graham

I helped you to search, the 25k(パイロットスキル制限解除=pilot skill release) is your supporter can start to learn exclusive skill like Sheryl, Minmay attack etc.

36k(時代制限解除=Time/Era release) can use other era mecha playing. But there have one other requirement is you have completed all era/story missions.

P.S. I find a new information about how to get cost free at Nyan Nyan shop, but very difficult.

The shop must reach 30Lv, and all mode must completed(include enemy, chronicle, extra, EX Challenge Mode and ultimate mode). :wacko: how can i get it~~~~ in ultimate mode over Lv3 always mission fail because of time over

As some common how to get S or SS ranks, you can see it from mission clean report.

First, "HP Bonus", "Time Bonus" full score is 30000pt, you must try to get full or near full score. If one of them is low scores, you have to try to improve them. "Special Bonus" also is the main key to get the S/SS rank, so try to get them all too. And the last are "Combo Bonus" and inside killing list "Excellent bonus", these are not important to get S/SS ranks if you get high score at other bonus.

HP Bonus will deduct when your basic HP is decrease(it means your addition pack HP damaged won't deduct this score)

Excellent bonus is how many missile you shoot down in the mission(flared missiles in fighter mode won't count)

I find it strange that I can buy tune points for the VT-1C even though I have not unlocked the mecha. And I think I have an S rank on all the Dynamite missions, except the last one with the whales. Do you unlock the VT-1C when you S-rank that one? I still don't get what you're supposed to do. Someone explained recently but it was not clear. Something about "defecting whales"? Does not make much sense to me, sorry... can I have a clearer explanation, please?

Also, In the M7 mission "Gamlin's Revolt: I Call Your Name" I only get an A, even though I beat the hell out of everything with no problem as I've got a souped-up Fire Valk. In fact, I even killed Gamlin in an instant. Am I supposed to give him a chance, so that Glavil comes out of his body?

And I read that you get the Sound Boosters when you S-rank "Fleet of the Strongest Women: Totsugeki Love Heart". I can only get an A on that one, but I will keep trying.

Lastly, how do you unlock Sivil? I thought I had unlocked her because I can select her in the Freeplay missions, but she's not in my roster in the campaign mode.

I still have a lot of playing to do, because I am still unfinished in both DYRL and Mac Plus whilst going back and trying to S-rank everything on D7, M7 and M0, and have still not touched SDF TV. Can't wait to try the VF-9 and VF-2SS.

Oh, I forgot to mention Frontier! Yeah, still halfway through that, too. So far M7 has been the most exciting, though, and DYRL is a real novelty. Damn hard, though.

Yes, D7 last mission is the key to get VT-1C. You have to get S ranks to unlock D7 chronicle mission, than you have to completed the chronicle mission "Galaxy Whale Singing: Zola"(no matter which ranking) to get VT-1C.

"Gamlin's Revolt: I Call Your Name" you must defect gamlin to complete the mission as this is the mission target.

For getting the S rank, just see my top of this post, it may help you to get S rank.

Sivil is not a playable character on campaign mode.(I don't know she can play in free mission mode~~)

Yes, D7 last mission is the key to get VT-1C. You have to get S ranks to unlock D7 chronicle mission, than you have to completed the chronicle mission "Galaxy Whale Singing: Zola"(no matter which ranking) to get VT-1C.

"Gamlin's Revolt: I Call Your Name" you must defect gamlin to complete the mission as this is the mission target.

For getting the S rank, just see my top of this post, it may help you to get S rank.

As far as I can tell I totally aced the Gamlin mission and killed him instantly, but I only get an A. I actually think he is not supposed to die... Usually Glavil comes out and flies away.

As for the VT-1C.... Well, I'll keep trying, but I'm not really sure if I'm doing it right. You just have to shoot down the nukes and get the whales to escape, right?

Sivil is not a playable character on campaign mode.(I don't know she can play in free mission mode~~)

She is a support character. I can use her in Freeplay but not campaign (the same with the VT-1C).

She is a support character. I can use her in Freeplay but not campaign (the same with the VT-1C).

Once you unlock her, you can use her in the Enemy missions. When you take off the era limiter, you can have her screaming her lungs out in your ear inside your Variable Fighter when you play any mission except for the Chronicle ones of course.

Once you unlock her, you can use her in the Enemy missions. When you take off the era limiter, you can have her screaming her lungs out in your ear inside your Variable Fighter when you play any mission except for the Chronicle ones of course.

I know, my original question was HOW to unlock her, though...

As far as I can tell I totally aced the Gamlin mission and killed him instantly, but I only get an A. I actually think he is not supposed to die... Usually Glavil comes out and flies away.

As for the VT-1C.... Well, I'll keep trying, but I'm not really sure if I'm doing it right. You just have to shoot down the nukes and get the whales to escape, right?

I've killed Gamlin and got SS ranks in this mission.

And I've play this mission again and find one question, are you well protected the Battle 7??

You can see the score from report "Special 2".

For Sivil, you can unlock her when you got S rank in M7 mission 6(おちていく小悪魔: Fly Fly Fly) plus complete last M7 enemy mission(我が名はゲペルニッチ: Spirituous Dreaming) at any ranking

I have the game guide book for MUF, so if anybody wants to know how many points you need to S or SS a specific stage, please ask. Just let me know the era and the stage name.

Graham

Hey Graham, is the guide book easy for english only people? If so I wouldn't mind buying one.

Type A stays on no matter how much damage you take and gives a melee special while B gets purged once you lose the extra layer of health.

To manually purge the pack press X, square, circle, triangle at the same time.

I also hope the final password will come out soon, it's been a while since the last one!

*wants a cost free Nyan Nyan Shop*

Type A is the Valkyries SPA did not changed, also the weapons and performance will not change to original if the pack health is used up.

Type B is the Valkyries change to pack SPA(normally is full weapon fire, you have to try what it SPA as the game didn't mention at anywhere). If the pack health is used up, it will purged and lost pack weapons and performance.

To manually purged the pack, is press L, R, O, X, □ and △. (Total 6 buttons)

Forget some thing.

If you are using Type A and the pack is purged yourself, all weapons and performance will back to original.