Macross Zero Dub Project

Hikuro

Well, not stuttering, per se, but slight hesitation between words in some places. Though, as you noted, it could be a mic thing, or a sound editing thing.

Well, if a guy bails, I guess I can see why you'd have to jump into that role. Just a personal question, though. No vendetta against yourself. Just wanted some enlightenment. No offense or anything.

As for voice, I meant the pitch of your voice's base. You can tell who voice acted a role, based on their previous works. If one listens closely, you can tell that Sam Vincent, who played Athrun Zala in Gundam Seed, also played Edd from Ed, Edd, and Eddy. I liked Nataku. However, the Captain of the Asuka didn't sound like an experienced and aged captain. No offense to you. Some roles just need certain people. Again, think Crispin Freeman.

Starting some work on Episode 3 since I don't have a lot to do right now. Script is almost done, maybe 4 minutes left or so I can't remember now...but will still need to retool it cause I went off like 4 different translations.

Either case, I'll be using the new audio Cypher and Che helped me create for vocal effects.

Hey Hikuro, I just finally got around the dling and watching your DYRL Dub, and I've gotta hand it to you, it was fantastic. A big part of why I always thought DYRL was really boring was bc/ it's really slow in the middle anyway, but to then also have to read the subtitles made it borderline unbearable. Your dub really brought the film to life tho, and I enjoyed watching DYRL more than I ever have. I wish you the best on your Mac0 dub, and look forward to it!

thank you promethuem! I'll need all the luck I can get for Zero, it's a difficult one to make.

Not gonna say anything to jinx... Well, everything seems to be going ok-ishly, right?

Other than the fact it's more difficult to mix than DYRL was, and that some VA's aren't getting their stuff done....yeah it's going ok.

Mixing on Episode 3 is going decent too, though I'm only working on the background right now...

Underwater, it's not easy to do cause finding proper underwater sound effects is tricky unless you manipulate what you got which means you need to figure out how to make a sound effect sound as if it's underwater.

Also the huge carrier battle will be different than a billion alien warships firing their "laser" beams.

Oh, ok. Now, don't take my word for it, but my grandpa may have a recording of a carrier battle on the USS Ticonderoga. Jets, machine guns, etc... It should have PART of what you need. Again, don't take my word for it.

As for the underwater stuff, I can't really help you with that, except to say "Swish" is a helpful thing to remember.

Well as I was going through stuff and to finish the episode 3 script, I looked at my file folder and realized, I deleted the script by accident, so there was a bout a months worth of work right there gone cause it takes maybe 2 hours to go through 5 minutes worth of footage.

Oh well it was only the first draft I can do it again later.

Yeah, it's gone. Must of been when I was burning things and cleaning out junk later on that it went poof. It's happened many of times but not a big deal I'll just have to rescript it and fix the errors I knew were there before finishing it.

it's really not that big of a deal at all, seeing how episode 2 is still in the works, and I don't plan on releasing a new episode for every 3-6 months so everything can be done right. I'm sure if I wanted too I could whip these 5 episodes up in that 3 month span...but then again it did take several years to finally get DYRL finished....meh.

but during my down time I'm actually retooling Episode 1, making a stronger audio track, it's already turning out well.

Sound mixing sounds pretty good so far. I didn't get a chance to lisen to it extensively, but the levels seem ok. The only problems I've had mainly with mixing of anime (not from you) has been the overly loud effects, and too quiet voice tracks, or vice versa. So far, great work. Keep it up. :D

I'm pretty much done with the mix now.....just waiting on one of the previous VA's to see if he still has his lines from 2 years ago, then to let mippa catch up on her other work before I let her tackle Mao again, Cassa and Cypher for Aries and Edgar...and then some minors need to be filled for cannon fodder har har har.

Cool, sounds great. If you need any VA fills, let me know. I finally got my mini sound studio fixed up and have a nice high end mic to use, LOL. Was the youtube link you sent the final sound test? If so, sound is great. From one who works a lot in sound, hahaha.

• 2 weeks later...

I've talked to a few cast members about Episode 2...Cassa still has a few days of vacation left and since her and Cypher have recovered from their illnesses they're going to get cracking on the recording.

Lionel is having personal issues which include him having a play and possibly having to move back home afterwards. He's still gungho on being Fokker (It's not an easy role to replace) so I'll continue to wait but it'll just make his work load even bigger.

Episode 1 is missing Mao, Aries, Edgar, the ending lines for Sara which I havne't heard from Allison if she still has them or not. And then extras.....so it's still VERY far from finished.

The hi-def footage, seriously, is just fantastic to look at, I'm shocked. Boinger treats my projects well, he's a great source for video assignment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Hikuro, I noticed you took all of the Macross Zero episode 1 clips, will you be releasing them again to watch until the others are finished. Its the best way to enjoy Mac Zero for me, its better than my #^#&@*!! subbed dvd's.

Hope all your other projects are going well!! take it easy!! B))

plans to get it up and running again when everyone for the remake has done their lines.

Kind of found it pointless to have the old one up when I'll have a higher quality version very soon.

However I did encounter a problem. Lastnight my PC was attacked by a virus cause of Megavideo streaming and it's ads.

So I had to do a system recovery, loosing all my codecs and audio programs....so I'm having to go and try to install them again but my CD drive also just took a dump....5 year old PC, it's almost time to get a new one. I just still need a new job.

I'm sure things will work out soon!

Hey Hikuro, sorry to hear that bro, I've had that happen a few times to me as well, you wish you could take the people who create these viruses and flush them out an airlock!!

Well I hope things work out for you with the new Macross Zero episodes, Keep up the hard work! I'll be one of the 1st to watch them and give you a thumbs up!! B))

Yeah, flush 'em in an air lock or let them get shot up by cylons or something.

I did get all my codecs back so the movies are working again.

Some of the VA's said they were going to turn in lines this weekend for it so that'll give me something to do.

Yeah, flush 'em in an air lock or let them get shot up by cylons or something.

Reminds me of an audio track from the demo of "Robotech: Crystal Dreams". Minmei gets cycled through the airlock. SO FUNNY! MINMEI GOT WHAT SHE DESERVED! Now that the Minmay-name-stealer is gone, we are FREE!

What about getting flushed out an airlock AND shot up by Cylons?

Yeah sadly, Zero's kind of dropping again from my important list. Kind of feeling a funk on wanting to do this now cause cast members are showing a lack of interest due to other things going on which means, I need another hobby to tie me over lol.

• 3 weeks later...