Macross Zero Dub Project

Hikuro

Well, Kumada who is playing my new Roy Fokker did lines for Episode 1...however MariaVu who is repraising her role has been ill as of late so I haven't had anything from her.

I've also been trying to get ahold of Allison Rose who was Sara, she's missing at least 2 lines at the end of Episode 1 but I've had no reply.

Also, Mippa has lost her job and her wi/fi card to her laptop busted so she hasn't really been able to do anything or record for the last week.

If I had 2 male's with mics who could do quick recordings, I could probably put up the intro and the dog fight so everyone can check out the newly revised sound effects and vocal track.

So right now, Zero's just a cursed production which is a bummer cause I've really busted ass on these two episodes.

Well, Kumada who is playing my new Roy Fokker did lines for Episode 1...however MariaVu who is repraising her role has been ill as of late so I haven't had anything from her.

I've also been trying to get ahold of Allison Rose who was Sara, she's missing at least 2 lines at the end of Episode 1 but I've had no reply.

Also, Mippa has lost her job and her wi/fi card to her laptop busted so she hasn't really been able to do anything or record for the last week.

If I had 2 male's with mics who could do quick recordings, I could probably put up the intro and the dog fight so everyone can check out the newly revised sound effects and vocal track.

So right now, Zero's just a cursed production which is a bummer cause I've really busted ass on these two episodes.

Hang in there my man, even when the Sh*t hits the fan, it always seems to work out!! But what ever previews your planning to show, we'll all be waiting for it. Good luck on it! B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

I'm re doing the 1920 x 1080 BD Macross Zero .mkv episodes encoded by QTS into video edit-able 1920 x 1080 xvid avi videos with Handbrake software. I've been getting excellent results with video encoding the remastered SDF tv series so far with Handbrake.

I'll send over a copy of the HD M Zero episodes to Hikuro once I finished encoding and uploading.

Keep plugging along Hikuro and we'll keep watching you and your team's work!

• 2 weeks later...

Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!! Hikuro, who ever you have doing Roy & Aries, KEEP THEM!! That is truly some of the best fan Dubbing I have ever heard. Seriously its really good.

And I am picky as hell about Fan dubbed Anime. So keep up the good work. Also the audio & sound effect timing sounds really good too. Natural, not forced. your getting better at this each time.

You ever go big time with your own company & studio, I want in!!

Take care bro, 505th!!

Keep waiting I'm afraid. I'm more than likely going to release it with Episode 2 so it's consistent.

But I'm still missing things so it's still gonna be a while...but yeah it was a good scene. Aries' explenation on the Aphios wasn't too shabby either, but I don't have enough to pile on that scene for show.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna put some focus on zero this month now that frontier is out of the way.

Try to fill some spots on extras since I got a wider voice cast that'd love to work on these projects of mine.

I also need to fix one of edgars lines it came out real bad.

Hammer a few VAs on episode two who should of finished months ago.

yeah, it just takes some motivation to get him doing a recording. He was suppose to do Episode 2 a long time ago but I haven't popped on googletalk to check on him and most of the time he's set on idle.

I also need Mariavu to do her recordings for Episode 2, that'll kick a pretty good portion of episode 2 out of the way leaving Nutuku (Gotta work up on that voice to make it better) and extras.

Episode 1 needs...Extras, 1 Edgar redoline, and a few missing Sarah lines if I can ever get Allison to reply. But I'm almost tempted to just replacing her completely because she wont be returning to future episodes.

Wish I had the right equipment to do VA, I'd lend you a hand with some of the scenes or touch ups!!! Well as good as Allison is, It would sound better if Sarah had a consistent sounding VA, instead the voice changing from episode to episode, but hopefully she'll come through. An as for the guy who does Roy, he better come through, he is like the quintessential English version of the original Japanese VA.

Keep up the great work bro, 505th!! B))

Agreed, I'd love to have the same VA's thru all 5 episodes, but considering how long it takes to complete an episode if I'm consistant, like 2 months or so, they just end up leaving.

Allison will more than likely not return as she's married and had her first baby not long ago and pretty much just dropped out of it all.

I'll probably hold auditions to replace her very soon.

Agreed, I'd love to have the same VA's thru all 5 episodes, but considering how long it takes to complete an episode if I'm consistant, like 2 months or so, they just end up leaving.

Allison will more than likely not return as she's married and had her first baby not long ago and pretty much just dropped out of it all.

I'll probably hold auditions to replace her very soon.

Bummer about Allison dropping out, But I"ll bet you can find another VA pretty quick and as talented. Too bad I'm a guy or I'd volunteer for the part!!

As always thank you for all the work you put into making these fandubs!! B))

• 4 months later...

Well I thought the project would be dead and burried. As someone mentioned to me this week "Thought ya put the kyabosh on Macross?" Yes and no, frustrated was I, but calming down and getting collected, I have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82r3MaRLrMo this is about 95% complete, missing 1 line, and needs audio tightening up. Otherwise this is close to finished product.

I have a new Mao and a new Sara (As stated, Allison has dropped out for family relations, and I haven't received anything from Mippa for Mao so I guess she's lost interest). I'm trying to get my hands on a more appropriate Nutuku (god if anyone can sound like an old man PLEASE contact me lol)

Both are gonna kick some royal ass after this weeked, although Sara who is not being played by Nikki Jones has already kicked enough ass finishing 2/3rds of the first episode.

Kistune who will take over Mao will be recording her lines after she's done with a anime convention (She's gonna cosplay either Sheryl or Ranka or both or something...she has like 8 cosplays she's doing! GOD!)

Annnnnnd then I got extras to fill in.

Other than that...I might be getting Episode 1 under wraps and possibly in HD quality in the next week or two.

yeah no kami :p

Gun effects aren't going to change.....epically this late in the game. I didn't hav emuch that I enjoyed and I don't got anything that's real enough t hat'd include a lil flak like I can with the VF-25.

Hey Hikuro, good to see your projects didn't fall into the Hudson!!

The way you did the voices for the Pilots was impressive. Gun & Fighter/engine sounds are great, even if you wanted too, no need to change!! Targeting system is great too!! B))

Thanks to boinger, I've got an HD rip of Macross Zero that I can use. However I couldn't put it to the 1920x1080 resolution so it's set to 1280x720 which is still an excellent screen quality. I think people will really enjoy this new release.

Aw, why not? I think Kami would make a great Nataku! :lol:

I like what I see... hear? Except I do think the gun sound is too overpowering. Needs tweaking. I mean, at the distance Roy was when he started shooting down missiles, the gun was the same volume as when the camera was right up on the gun. As I recall, it wasn't so in the original. Also, the music loop is a bit poorly executed. Needs a bit of tweaking, as well, so as it loops around, it hits right on in rhythm and whatever.

So, I mean, nothing major, but little stuff that I feel detracts from the experience. Voicework this time around is pretty good. As is the rest of the mix. Just those 2 little things need work.

Music score I'm just gonna declare done, it was a HUGE pain in the ass near the end cause I'm sure it was orchestrated while watching the footage so it's just too hard to clip and replace or clip out and shorten or lengthen.

The gun does become a lil loud and out of place during the big missile shoot down I know, I kicked myself for it and wondered how that happened since I did tweak the settings originally but it sounded as if nothing happened.

Yeah, I can understand the whole "screw it, it frakkin' works" mentality.

A few weeks ago, someone made a fan trailer for MacF, and I was trying to showcase how music could've been used differently. Even though it won't compile, I've decided to not mess with it anymore. Sh*t works.

Well, keep it up, Hik. I can't wait to see it complete.