1/48 Roy Focker Weathering Special

wolfx

magnifying glass. ^_^

sort of. it looks like this.

000518_0.jpg

Nice pics! Awesome macro making! I can say yes I like the look of the valk. I can also say...the price is to high for that quality of a valk.

:ph34r:

Really? I paid $220 for hand delivery from japan, now I realize that I am a lucky SOB and that opportunity is not available for everyone however I dont think that was too much.

Edited by Solscud007

You're a draughtsman right? You should know about these things. :p

:lol: That's DRAFTSMAN......I do know about them for the drafting world...but I have never seen one for a camera. It's cool. I think I may swing by the camera shop to see if I can get one of those.

:lol: That's DRAFTSMAN......I do know about them for the drafting world...but I have never seen one for a camera. It's cool. I think I may swing by the camera shop to see if I can get one of those.

It's draftsman for you Amercans and it's draughtsman for the English, and me being from neither of those two countries, can choose which ever the hell I want. :p

And yes, wicked Ace is a draughtsman even if he is from the states, but for him, it doesnt have anything to do with drafting. :lol:

::EDIT:::

Here's a wiki link for ya'll :p

Edited by Dante74

It's draftsman for you Amercans and it's draughtsman for the English, and me being from neither of those two countries, can choose which ever the hell I want. :p

And yes, wicked Ace is a draughtsman even if he is from the states, but for him, it doesnt have anything to do with drafting. :lol:

::EDIT:::

Here's a wiki link for ya'll :p

:lol: I get it. Thanks.....I am skilled :p . Kinda :unsure:

After that Nanase CAD I believe you.

LOL!!!

That would make for a nice avatar if I didn't have one featuring Nanase already.

To get this thread kinda back on topic, I'd love to get a hold of Yamato's CAD files for the weathered VF-1S.

Edited by Dante74

No you misunderstood. the one I used looks like the one in the pic above. it is JUST a plain slide loope. it is NOT a camera attachment. I was just clever enough to make it work as a macro lens.

No you misunderstood. the one I used looks like the one in the pic above. it is JUST a plain slide loope. it is NOT a camera attachment. I was just clever enough to make it work as a macro lens.

Oooohhhhh.....VERY SMOOTH! :D Good job. Cleverness is the key my friend. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

how come when modlers "weather" something they sorta fade to dark on the panel lines? this is so rare in real machines, why is it so common in models?

on real machinery weathering happens where the weather lands. dirt doesn't slowly crawl out of the cracks to envelope the vehicle.

The "dirt" on these appear to be post shading to highlight areas that catch dirt.

Agree with you on the design aspects but you can't expect Yamato painter's to be as accurate like Master Cheng, Kurt, Jung, HWR MKII or the other modelers here on MW.

The "dirt" on these appear to be post shading to highlight areas that catch dirt.

Agree with you on the design aspects but you can't expect Yamato painter's to be as accurate like Master Cheng, Kurt, Jung, HWR MKII or the other modelers here on MW.

oh i can.

and do

:-P

So is this thing actually coming out in August or what? It seems as more preorders are popping out. Perhaps Graham can clarify what yamato plans on doing. If they do release it in August that would really suck for those people who bought them for 500-700 bucks.. ergh.. So glad I managed to snatch mine on the first week yamato was releasing it on their site, the seller didn't think they'd be sold out so i managed to get it for the regular price. =)

So is this thing actually coming out in August or what? It seems as more preorders are popping out. Perhaps Graham can clarify what yamato plans on doing. If they do release it in August that would really suck for those people who bought them for 500-700 bucks.. ergh.. So glad I managed to snatch mine on the first week yamato was releasing it on their site, the seller didn't think they'd be sold out so i managed to get it for the regular price. =)

What was the regular price?

:huh:

OO

Its over 200 USD to preorder this here. ETA is Sept release. ~225-233 USD

OT: The limited edition 1/4 scale Minmay is also available for preorder @ 700 USD!

So much for Japan only exclusive. :/

Edited by Neova

i emailed angolz last month and they told me it should be out early june.

It is already mid June! Yamato is always late! Nothing new there.

Hope they fix that blue slip cover in the next shipment.

Original price via web:

I think I got one.

商品名   :1/48完全変形版VF-1S ウェザリング 特別仕様

(この商品は予約商品です)

価格    :18,690 円

個数    :1 個

--------------------------------------

小計金額  :18,690 円

======================================

送料:735 円

総合計金額 :19,425 円

Google translation:

Product Name: 1 / 48 scale VF-1S special UEZARINGU

(This product is the product reservations.)

Price: 18,690 yen

Qty: 1

--------------------------------------

Subtotal Amount: 18,690 Yen

======================================

Shipping: 735 yen

Overall total amount: 19,425 Yen

Just waiting for the shipping notice/payment request. I owe some very nice friends a very nice dinner.

HK = Hong Kong

There is a thread in the for sale section from Solscud on his recent run of Hong Kong toy hunting here.

If you plan ahead, you can hookup with the HK MW crew such as Graham, Blackaces, Valk009, Valkyrie13 and myself for dinner and group toy hunting!

I still remember my first toy run with Graham and others a few years ago!

Edited by Neova

Tks again Neova,

Would love to meet up with you guys 1 day. I'm pretty new here so there are still lots of stuff that i need to learn form you guys. Are you guys from singapore? Anyway, was in HK Dec 07, Have been to some of the places mention before in the thread. Always a fan of Sino Centre but recently nothing much there, mostly the 25th Macross VF-1S and YF-19. In fact in that area alone, there a number of toy shops but mostly gundam.

You should be able to find it from reputable HK dealers. Its no big secret that it will be re-issued again but at a higher cost.

did yamato officially said that? cuz save ask them before that there wouldnt be a re-release but i would like to have another one

Edited by Vegas Valkyrie

They've already hit the auction blocks, and are getting insanely high prices.

Check these out-all closed between 40,000 and 65,000 yen.

http://www.ta-ka-ra.com/best5048/macross4.htm

Found a live one too-can be yours for 52,500 yen

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d85965421

jeez!!

Shawn

>_<

all this talk about the roy weathering made me finally open my own valk

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

i noticed that the head lasers, thrusters and engine covers were silver and the landing gears had weathering treatment aswell.

i also notice on the right side of the canopy it say's "pilot M. FALLEINA" :lol: :lol: :lol:

did yamato officially said that? cuz save ask them before that there wouldnt be a re-release but i would like to have another one

You're talking about Yamato Japan, who has said nothing about a re-release IN Japan.

I'm talking about guessing local dealers here have posted pinups and preorders for it [ inserts ] HOPING [ / inserts ] someone will release the non-sold leftovers sitting at the factory at a later date.

I did not remember seeing the words "limited edition" printed on the sleeve either but someone please correct me if wrong.

FACT: Most toys, and stuff in general, are produced with a minimum production run of each part to amortize cost.

I can tell you most Chinese printers print ~ 2500-3000 pieces of boxes, manuals, cardboards, etc... at minimum per order regardless of how many toys you make. You can store the boxes, scrap it or add it back to the cost to make up for it.

You can put two and two together.

---

That still looks great for the level of custom work.