Spaceballs: The Animated Series

DeathHammer

Lone Starr: Yogurt. What do you do here, anyway?

Yogurt: Merchandising.

Barf: Merchandising? What's that?

Yogurt: Come on, I'll show you. (to the Dinks) Open up the shop, boys! We've got customers! (walks over to a wall filled with Spaceballs merchandise) Merchandising! Merchandising! Where the real money from the movie is made! (shows off the products) Spaceballs: the T-shirt, Spaceballs: the Lunchbox, Spaceballs: the Coloring Book, Spaceballs: the breakfast cereal. Spaceballs: the Flame Thrower...

Dinks: Oooooohhhh!

Yogurt: The kids love this one. And last, but not least, Spaceballs: The Animated series. Adorable.

FV

Well the Producers was pretty good. I just hope this is an "adult" cartoon and not something aimed at kids. Then it will fall pretty flat.

It's on G4. they're not known for their kiddie shows, if that's any indication ;)

The movie was "haha funny" but not really what I'd call a strong comedy. It's noteriety comes from being a Star Wars spoof, but doesn't really have much going for it beyond that. I suppose the TV show may go in a direction that proves it's value beyond the name rights attached to it, but this sounds pretty weak so far.

Ugh. All I can picture is that horrible pilot episode of Blazing Saddles the TV series. Absolutley hideous. It really didnt work because the humor was dumbed down and softened for TV and the inclusion of a laugh track just topped it off.

I suppose with this new series being broadcast on cable and given the populatrity of Adult Swim and Comdey Centrals adult oriented animated shows, it could work...

Sadly, Mel Brooks is entering his third decade of unfunniness. Unless he gets some serious assistance on the script(s) I expect more of the same. I gave up on him returning to his Blazing Saddles/Young Frankenstien form long ago.

Bingo.

Blazing Saddles = comedy gold

Spaceballs = passable at best

Dracula Dead and Loving It = a form of torture outlawed by the Geneva Convention

I also lump Zucker Abrahams Zucker in that same category as Brooks. They too started out sooooooo freaking funny but after the same jokes are recycled for the umpteenth time with no real new material you just get sick of it.