So...*nobody* bought F-Zero GX?

isamu

Best futuristic racer. Ever.

Only thing missin in it is a car with a decal of Calvin pissing on the WipEout logo.

LOL!

I loved Wipeout XL. That was my previous champ. Wipeout 3 was okay and lets face it Wipeout Fusion was poo gas.

F-Zero GX definatley stomps Wipeout in the ground now though. :lol:

How are the characters not awesome???

Read the character profiles man, theyre ALL awesome.

I usually play as the Twin Noritta. Gomar and Shioh are the COOLEST guys ever. I tried for /hours/ to beat Ruby Cup on Master Difficulty with them, and I got /sooo/ close, but the Twin Noritta is such a feather I usually got smash slammed to death before I could complete the final race. My friend finally beat it with them though.

I prefer light cars. Theyre way more sensitive and have a tendency to drift for no reason but theyre still awesome. I built a custom car that weighs /600/!!! I can still get a Perfect 500 points in Standard mode with it though.

I think anyone that doesnt think this is an AWESOME racing game just doesnt get it, somehow. Although I do think some of the tracks are a massive bit annoying. On Master /only/ Ruby Cup is beatable. At least in my experience. The others are freakin impossible.

Either way, I love this game ^__^

-BEN-MAN-

At least I have Otogi and Disgeae to tide me over. :)

What is Otogi and Disgeae?

Oh and is anyone playing with the Logitech wheel? Impressions?

Otogi is an Xbox game made by the same ppl who did Armored Core. You are basically this demon brought back to life... and you have to go through levels in a tone down Dynasty Warriors type game. Everything is destroyable... and you can throw enemies through houses and what nots.

Disgaea is this really cool anime style strategy RPG. It has this really deep Final Fantasy Tactics style job system.... and the ability to level up to level 10000. :lol:

Otogi is an Xbox game and Disgaea is a PS2 game.

Edited by Abombz!!

At least I have Otogi and Disgeae to tide me over. :)

What is Otogi and Disgeae?

Oh and is anyone playing with the Logitech wheel? Impressions?

Otogi is an Xbox game made by the same ppl who did Armored Core. You are basically this demon brought back to life... and you have to go through levels in a tone down Dynasty Warriors type game. Everything is destroyable... and you can throw enemies through houses and what nots.

Disgaea is this really cool anime style strategy RPG. It has this really deep Final Fantasy Tactics style job system.... and the ability to level up to level 10000. :lol:

Otogi is an Xbox game and Disgaea is a PS2 game.

Damn that's cool. By the way what do you think of Steel Battalion and that big ass controller for PS2? I read that Namco is thinking of making their next Ace Combat game compatible with that thing!

WHAT!!?? :o

What do you mean WipeOut Fusion sucks??! That game kicks ass!

What makes F-Zero on the "kiddie" console better than WipeOut?

Do tell, I must know.

Why should anyone waste their time explaning? <_<

By calling the Game Cube a kiddie console you already proved you won't understand no matter what we tell you. <_<

Why is it better? Stable frame rate, better graphics, an actuall story, better characters, better track design, better sound... do I really need to go on? <_<

By calling the Game Cube a kiddie console you already proved you won't understand no matter what we tell you. <_<

Why is it better? Stable frame rate, better graphics, an actuall story, better characters, better track design, better sound... do I really need to go on? <_<

OMFG CEL-DA IZ SO 4 KIDzzz!!!!!111

:rolleyes:

OMFG CELDA IZ SO FER KIDzzz!!!!!111

:rolleyes:

Well, now. I was going to say something pretty harsh but Abombz and Max's replies should suffice.

The Nintendo game systems have always had games that appealed to a ... shall we say 'broader' crowd?

Not to say there aren't some kickass games on it... F-Zero GX looks good enough to make me get a GC...

EDIT (Yes, an EDIT.) : That said, it's pretty ignorant to say that the GC is a 'kiddie' console... After all, aren't ALL consoles for kids when you really get down to it?

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Wow, looks like I struck a nerve... :lol::rolleyes:

Story: who cares

Characters: who cares

How about the important stuff:

What about the physics of the game?

How realistic is the handling of the craft?

Racing games for me is about realism. I know there are no such things as hover craft jet cars, but there can still be a large degree of realistic physics that can be programmed to make the cars "feel real" going around the track. And I think WipEout did a great job as far as that goes

I must admit, I'm not too thrilled with some of the track designs in Fusion though.

Vostok 7 : I think "ignorant" was a strong word to use here. When you break it down, these consoles are for everyone. And my comment about the GQ being a kiddie console, was supposed to be funny not to ruffle anyone's feathers. But I think you have to admit that the GQ has more games directed to a younger audience than PS2 or XBox.

Jemstone: Why don't you just say what you were going to say, I can take it. :p

Edited by rocco_77

What about the physics of the game?

How realistic is the handling of the craft?

Considering we are talking about imaginary floating cars.... I seriously don't see your point. <_<

As far as F-Zero goes..... the physics are perfect, and the handling is as realistic as you can get.... from imaginary cars no one knows how they would handle if they were real. <_<

Racing games for me is about realism.

And how are floating car/ships realistic?

Edited by Abombz!!

But I think you have to admit that the GQ has more games directed to a younger audience than PS2 or XBox.

In what sense? What exactly do you consider to be a younger audience?

Specially now a days.... games like GTA3 are games that attract the younger audience.... even though it still carries a M rating. Last time I checked.... it was long time Nintendo fans that still support the GC... how old are they? Early 20s?

Why is the GC considering kiddy by the casual gamer? Because in none of its games can you get carjack or shoot someone in the face. <_<

Racing for me is about realism.

If that's the case, GT4 is coming in about a year, so there's your realism.

I want a racing where I could pick a car/craft, pick a board, and go kicky fast without worrying about the specifics. And F-Zero GX delivers that in spades.

Considering we are talking about imaginary floating cars.... I seriously don't see your point. <_<

As far as F-Zero goes..... the physics are perfect, and the handling is as realistic as you can get.... from imaginary cars no one knows how they would handle if they were real. <_<

Racing games for me is about realism.

And how are floating car/ships realistic?

You CAN program physics into imaginary cars... There are plenty of ways to extrapolate how a hover craft would handle when you break it down to the elements acting on the car. Once you give it shape, size, weight, a power source, etc... you have basic building blocks of how something will handle regardless of if it is real or not.

As far as realism in a racing game, I think I broke it down well enough. It's about the physics and handling, not about if the cars actually exist or not. I expect a certain level of realism in ANY racing game. The possibilities in programming now a days are pretty incredible, and I just expect a higher level of game play that's all. I will have to try F-Zero. But I don't think that WipEout should be considered "Poo Gas" as MMX likes to call it... (but I didn't see the need to jump down his throat for that)

Anyway, you have all made your point and I've made mine... I haven't played F-Zero, so I can't make a comparison... I only wanted to know what made it better than WipEout. And then everyone got their panties in a bunch about my "kiddie" comment...

And as far as that goes.... The GC IS marketed for a younger audience... it's common knowledge, so I don't see the need to discuss it any further... I'm not knocking the quality of the console, just saying that it is geared for younger gamers.

You CAN program physics into imaginary cars... There are plenty of ways to extrapolate how a hover craft would handle when you break it down to the elements acting on the car. Once you give it shape, size, weight, a power source, etc... you have basic building blocks of how something will handle regardless of if it is real or not

You CAN program physics into imaginary cars... There are plenty of ways to extrapolate how a hover craft would handle when you break it down to the elements acting on the car. Once you give it shape, size, weight, a power source, etc... you have basic building blocks of how something will handle regardless of if it is real or not.

As far as realism in a racing game, I think I broke it down well enough. It's about the physics and handling, not about if the cars actually exist or not. I expect a certain level of realism in ANY racing game. The possibilities in programming now a days are pretty incredible, and I just expect a higher level of game play that's all. I will have to try F-Zero. But I don't think that WipEout should be considered "Poo Gas" as MMX likes to call it... (but I didn't see the need to jump down his throat for that)

F-Zero does just that ... has been since the N64. The cars handle differently not only depending on their grip, body, and boost, they also factor in the weight of the vehicle. I like Wild Goose, it may have only a C grip, but its weight compensates for that and I groove well with it. Additionally, you can control your descent when falling/jumping much like an airplane. I'm not sure if Wipeout included this... but I haven't played it for years.

Anyway, you have all made your point and I've made mine... I haven't played F-Zero, so I can't make a comparison... I only wanted to know what made it better than WipEout. And then everyone got their panties in a bunch about my "kiddie" comment...

And as far as that goes.... The GC IS marketed for a younger audience... it's common knowledge, so I don't see the need to discuss it any further... I'm not knocking the quality of the console, just saying that it is geared for younger gamers.

Nobody got their panties in a bunch. Unless by that you mean pointing out the ignorance you've displayed more than once in this thread. Ignorance isn't a strong word because you admittedly haven't played the game. As for being marketed toward a younger audience... no... not really. I should feed you to the PA Forum members... even the ones that hate Nintendo will take a bite. :p

Anyway, what makes it better than WipeOut? I wouldn't say that it's better than Wipeout... but then again; the last WipeOut I played was XL and I loved that. But as it stands right there... I think that F-Zero's tracks are way more fun and have greater variety. I also get a greater sense of speed when playing F-Zero, Wipeout makes me feel like I'm floating. :) But like I said, I haven't played any of the newer ones, this is my opinion as it stands from playing WipeOut XL(which I'll say again: I loved).

btw - love your avatar.

DEVILDOLL DO YOU WANT TO KICK IT!!!!

F-Zero does just that ... has been since the N64. The cars handle differently not only depending on their grip, body, and boost, they also factor in the weight of the vehicle. I like Wild Goose, it may have only a C grip, but its weight compensates for that and I groove well with it. Additionally, you can control your descent when falling/jumping much like an airplane. I'm not sure if Wipeout included this... but I haven't played it for years.

Nobody got their panties in a bunch. Unless by that you mean pointing out the ignorance you've displayed more than once in this thread. Ignorance isn't a strong word because you admittedly haven't played the game. As for being marketed toward a younger audience... no... not really. I should feed you to the PA Forum members... even the ones that hate Nintendo will take a bite. :p

Anyway, what makes it better than WipeOut? I wouldn't say that it's better than Wipeout... but then again; the last WipeOut I played was XL and I loved that. But as it stands right there... I think that F-Zero's tracks are way more fun and have greater variety. I also get a greater sense of speed when playing F-Zero, Wipeout makes me feel like I'm floating. :) But like I said, I haven't played any of the newer ones, this is my opinion as it stands from playing WipeOut XL(which I'll say again: I loved).

btw - love your avatar.

DEVILDOLL DO YOU WANT TO KICK IT!!!!

No I have not played F-Zero... I would really like to give it a go though...

I called the GC a "kiddie Konsole", and that's what got people up in arms, I wasn't referring to the game F-Zero as being geared towards kids... BUT, I still think the GC console itself is geared toward younger gamers... Even the artwork on most of the game packaging looks more "cartoony." BUT ENOUGH of that already... I'll just stay ignorant. :lol:

Now the way you explained the handling and physics of the game is something I can understand. It sounds like it's really fun actually... And yes, WipeOut does have very good physics, including the ability to control your decent and speed in a jump.

WipeOut Fusion breaks the cars ability into:

Top Speed

Thrust

Lateral Stability

Brake Force

Shield Power

Weapon Power

With the top four pertaining to the cars handling.

So does F-Zero have weapons too?

Oh and..... "YEAH! LET'S KICK IT SOME MORE!!!" :lol:

My little bro rented FZ-GX. I didn't even bother trying it. Number one, I have no interest in futuristic or sci-fi racers (although I'm a huge fan of GT style games), and I can't hold the Cube controller. After about 15 min, it hurts so bad that I have to stop. I personally like the XBOX regular controller better than any pad ever, so that may give you an indication of why the cube one is so bad for me.

My little bro rented FZ-GX. I didn't even bother trying it. Number one, I have no interest in futuristic or sci-fi racers (although I'm a huge fan of GT style games), and I can't hold the Cube controller. After about 15 min, it hurts so bad that I have to stop. I personally like the XBOX regular controller better than any pad ever, so that may give you an indication of why the cube one is so bad for me.

You like controllers big enough to double as full-sized DDR mats, eh? ;)

I'm surprised you don't like the GC controller, I realize that it stinks for fighting games but pretty much everyone I know find it comfortable. Although the Z-trigger gets very annoying after a while. Personally I don't mind the X-Box Controller S either, but the GC's analog sticks, buttons and triggers feel a lot nicer to me.