YetiStand Alpha.

ChaoticYeti

Very nice! I have the stand at the height in the pics above with the VF-25F Tornado in fighter more on it and its very stable!

Normally I would be jealous seeing a pic of the stand, but now I have my very own YetiStands. :)

Cool. Keep in mind, if you aren't using the elbow for a more dynamic pose you can configure the stand as I have in that picture. The fewer the joints the sturdier it will be, especially with a heavy parts set. Not that having the elbow impairs it, I am just making a mechanical suggestion.

Cool. Keep in mind, if you aren't using the elbow for a more dynamic pose you can configure the stand as I have in that picture. The fewer the joints the sturdier it will be, especially with a heavy parts set. Not that having the elbow impairs it, I am just making a mechanical suggestion.

Thank you for the tip. I'll assemble the other stands tomorrow and assemble one without the elbow.

Hi, charger69!

I was stoked about receiving the stand yesterday, and I missed Yeti's original reply too. Here is the link from the other page:

Yeti: I may have missed your original tip on this, but does the higher viscosity of this solvent require any extra finesse during application? I can be a little messy when I'm not careful sticking two things together.

Hi, charger69!

I was stoked about receiving the stand yesterday, and I missed Yeti's original reply too. Here is the link from the other page:

Yeti: I may have missed your original tip on this, but does the higher viscosity of this solvent require any extra finesse during application? I can be a little messy when I'm not careful sticking two things together.

You will want to be very careful when using it. The 16 is a little bit like honey. It is the better solution, though because it has more solids in it than the lighter solvents. This means that it can fill gaps, which is good since the base pieces don't sit 100% flush. You could try the weld-on 4 acrylic solvent. It is a lot more like water, but may be more difficult to get a good bond. Edited by ChaoticYeti

Received the stands yesterday. Just quickly assembled one but only got a little time to play with it. It is awesome! Thank you ChaoticYeti for the effort and hard work to make this stand available for the MW community.
I am using the printed base pivot now which is snug and nice. I do prefer the clear base pivot, so I will be getting the acrylic solvent.
I tried the stand with a 25F Tornado and a RVF-25 Super in F Mode. It is nice and sturdy. I also quickly tried the 2x4 Lego adapter and use it with one of my son's Star Wars sets. The adapter is not as snug as I would like. I will probably glue the 2x4 adapter to another Lego block. Do you have any suggestion on what glue to use between the printed adapter and a Lego block? I have not tried the 4x4 adapter though. I will play with that some more and try other Lego sets over the weekend.

You will want to be very careful when using it. The 16 is a little bit like honey. It is the better solution, though because it has more solids in it than the lighter solvents. This means that it can fill gaps, which is good since the base pieces don't sit 100% flush. You could try the weld-on 4 acrylic solvent. It is a lot more like water, but may be more difficult to get a good bond.

I don't have access to Scigrip products. What do you think about using chloroform? (I'm probably sound like an idiot... but hehehe)

I read somewhere that with acrylic chips mixed chloroform is a good adhesive...

Edited by charger69

I don't have access to Scigrip products. What do you think about using chloroform? (I'm probably sound like an iditot... but hehehe)

I read somewhere that with acrylic chips mixed chloroform is a good adhesive...

I couldn't say either way as I have not tried it. Be careful, and use a well ventilated space, or just stick with the 3d printed base pivot.

Awesome product! Will definitely buy more in the future. Thank you for putting in all that time and effort into creating this. Well thought out parts list and instructions/warnings. Acrylic base attachments are loose but will just bond it together in the future. Holds valks just fine right now. Printed bases fit like a glove. Just got to test it with my SV-51 and VF-0S. Here's a couple of pics. Will post better pics when I learn how to use the camera.

post-7577-0-76059700-1411154134_thumb.jpgpost-7577-0-32096500-1411154116_thumb.jpgpost-7577-0-46052900-1411154154_thumb.jpgpost-7577-0-01513500-1411193313_thumb.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

Received the stands yesterday. Just quickly assembled one but only got a little time to play with it. It is awesome! Thank you ChaoticYeti for the effort and hard work to make this stand available for the MW community.

I am using the printed base pivot now which is snug and nice. I do prefer the clear base pivot, so I will be getting the acrylic solvent.

I tried the stand with a 25F Tornado and a RVF-25 Super in F Mode. It is nice and sturdy. I also quickly tried the 2x4 Lego adapter and use it with one of my son's Star Wars sets. The adapter is not as snug as I would like. I will probably glue the 2x4 adapter to another Lego block. Do you have any suggestion on what glue to use between the printed adapter and a Lego block? I have not tried the 4x4 adapter though. I will play with that some more and try other Lego sets over the weekend.

Are all 8 studs connecting with the Lego bricks? I have not had any issues with fitment on the brick adapters, either with Lego or megablok brands. Does the 4x4 have the same issue? Are the bricks you are using it with old, or worn?qVw9EU8l.jpg Edited by ChaoticYeti

I'm stopping tonight to try to find acrylic glue. (By swapping around parts and sanding, I've got one stand that fits perfectly using the acrylic base pivot----but the other will definitely need gap-filling glue)

I would suggest acrylic solvent, not glue. You do not want silicone adhesive, as an example. It may seem like the thing to pick up at a hardware store, but it will no work well for this.

So we can fix the base pivot to the hexagonal base with acrylic solvent, right?

Could you please tell me which one I can get and use?

I'm a total stranger to these kind of stuff...

After checking around, nowhere in town sells what I needed, so I figured I'd try some stuff I already had. Will let it dry another full day then see how it went.

David and Charger,

Try looking for Ambroid Pro Weld, that's what I used.

I bought it at a local hobby shop, hopefully you can find it locally.

http://www.amazon.com/Ambroid-110-Pro-Weld/dp/B0035Y26HS/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Another alternative is Tenax-7R

http://www.amazon.com/Tenax-7R/dp/B00EMXTBG0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411233679&sr=8-1

Edited by Saburo

David and Charger,

Try looking for Ambroid Pro Weld, that's what I used.

I bought it at a local hobby shop, hopefully you can find it locally.

http://www.amazon.com/Ambroid-110-Pro-Weld/dp/B0035Y26HS/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Another alternative is Tenax-7R

http://www.amazon.com/Tenax-7R/dp/B00EMXTBG0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411233679&sr=8-1

Those should work. Look for solvent/cement, not glue. You want to actually bond the pieces together, not adhere them.

Its holding up quite nicely, the YF-19 is probably the heaviest Valk in my collection and the YF adapter is holding it like a champ. I didn't want to force the adapter into place, but I was wondering if its supposed "click" into place?

It should be sitting flush. There doesn't have to be an audible click.

XSzIGf8l.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti