Self making Display stand

rarityraider

Hi All,

I think that there's should have somebody like me concern about how to display your 1/72 Hasegawa Valkyrie when they're finished one by one after the days ... Be honest, I'm not really like the one released from Hasegawa as it's looks too big and boring.

So I start to think about make something by myself to instead of that heavy gear. Here is my result with simple step by step how to build to share for all buddy if you're interested in. Maybe it is not a very prefect finished stuff but just show you the concept of my idea. :lol:

Edited by rarityraider

2. Measure and cut the clear pipe to the height as you want to display your plane.

Suggested to cut within 15 cm long. ( A thicker or heavier base is need if you want to use full length of the pipe and must fix to the base by screw NOT glue )

post-23-1090997709_thumb.jpg

Edited by rarityraider

That is a very cool idea. I'm usually more into static 'on tarmac' displays attached to picture frames etc, but I may just have to try that one with my next Valk--or maybe even the CF-18 I'm working on :D

Cheers.

Sean

Just to remind if somebody want to make this stuff

The "Ball joint" parts must to use medium to large size in order to have enough friction between the "Cup" & "Ball" after carried your VF plane. That could prevent the problem of stall.

The hole of "Ball" needs to drill as deep as you need to hold the bzonze rod.

The "Base" could use whatever you want: metal, wooden or plastic... (Made sensed size and shape) Only you must fix it well of the upper part.

One more suggested additional function can be tried: Add another thinner pipe that can fit into the 8 mm pipe inner space to be a height adjustable display stand.

Enjoy, :lol:

Edited by rarityraider