GBP-1S Armor

mantisfists

Anybody know if Yamato is planning on releasing the GBP-1S armor in 1/48 scale like they did for their 1/60 valkyries? I haven't bought the 1/60 version yet and I don't want to buy it if Yamato's just going to release for their 1/48 valks....then again....i waited on the stealth 1/48s too (now I'm stuck hatin on the folks that have em), and don't want to miss out on having a valk in my favorite armor (even if it is small).

Nobody knows what's next in the 1/48 line.

My guess is that IF 1/48 GBP armor is released, it likely won't be until long into 2005, if at all.

The 1/60 armor took a long time from when the first prototypes were revealed. The 1/24 Scopedog by Yamato, currently in prototype stage, is reported to not be in production until 2005, nearly a year since it was revealed.

It's not clear if the current 1/48 design can successfully accomodate the nosecone/waist area...but I'm sure they'd figure something out.

Edited by Majestic

Give the 1/60 GBP 1S a try. We don't know if Yamato is going to make it in 1/48 scale.

Bought two GBP armors from Kevin and I'm really happy. Very sturdy, everything clicks and snaps together fine. It´s also very accurate to the line art (better proportioned than a possible 1/48 version would be, IMO). The 1/60 battroid is better proportioned (not sculpt wise).

Well that's my two cents.

It's not clear if the current 1/48 design can successfully accomodate the nosecone/waist area...but I'm sure they'd figure something out.

Is that why Yamato designed the removable nosecone in the first place? :ph34r:

I'm with IGNACIO!! If you're a fan of the GBP like ya say you are, then you owe it to yourself to pick up the 1/60 version. I bought 2 myself, and I'm happy with them. As for the 1/48 version, well , let's just say that YAMATO might have to re-tool to be able to do that just like they would if they ever decide to come out w/ 1/48 versions of the 2 seater VF's. As you can see, we still don't know if they'll ever make 1/48 versions of the VT-1 'n VE-1. So, I guess the choice is simple--buy now or miss out on it! :)

you'd probably have to remove the nose cone to make that area look right with the armour on... it already looks a bit off on the 1/60... and man, the chest would stick out so much as well... but hey, if they build it, I will buy....

Thanks for everybody's input. It seems as if I'm going to have to just buy the 1/60 version. Money's kinda funny and I've really gotta be picky about which ones I buy, and while I'd rather have the largest, most detailed.....guess I'd better just buck down and get what's available. I've wanted one of those for 18 years and I'd hate to miss out. Thanks again, y'all. :)