Why were the Toynami Attack Mecha cancelled?

Hey y'all. Last year, at the New York Toy Fair or the San Diego Comic-Con (at my advanced age, I can't remember which :( ), Toynami announced that they would be re-releasing several of the Matchbox Robotech Destroid figures. The Valkyrie-Exchange has this listing for them:

Attack Mecha

As you can see from the listing, this line has apparently been cancelled. Does anyone know why? Had the molds (re-used by Playmates in the 90s) degraded? Were retailers uninterested? Some other reason? I'm just curious if these will ever see the light of day. I have the Playmates versions, but was hoping to build an army of Destroids with the re-reissues. :)

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks,

--MyClone

I believe Toynami claimed that the molds were bad, though I'd blame the cancellation on poor demand.

Yep. Official answer was there was mold issues, but most believe it was lack of demand.

Toynami were looking for a line that could be produced for low outlay using pre-existing molds to cut down on development time, so if the molds needed work that could of made it less inticing to go ahead.

Not to mention the rumored price was rather above the ebay asking price for the Playmates Exo-Squad/Harmony Gold 90's reissue, and the fact they're very common online too would have really killed it if they did choose to go ahead.

Cyc

I believe Toynami claimed that the molds were bad, though I'd blame the cancellation on poor demand.

Yep. Official answer was there was mold issues, but most believe it was lack of demand.

Toynami were looking for a line that could be produced for low outlay using pre-existing molds to cut down on development time, so if the molds needed work that could of made it less inticing to go ahead.

Not to mention the rumored price was rather above the ebay asking price for the Playmates Exo-Squad/Harmony Gold 90's reissue, and the fact they're very common online too would have really killed it if they did choose to go ahead.

Cyc

I think cyclone hit the jack pot. What he stated is pretty much what I believe really happened. In addition to the fact that they probably realize that it was not going to be really profitable, based on the price they were trying to sell.

I think Toynami lacks business skill to be a toy company. If they only took the risk to produce more detail and better quality destriods from scratch, they probably would had profitable return.

Then again, they are similar to other companies that are manufacturing Macross line these days. Quick return on a toy line that have not been made for decades and then ADIOS.... Lets move on to the next series ....

What can you do, addiction is damn thing....