1/72 VF-0B Macross Zero Two-Seater

Mechleader

u mean other than the calendar of the orginal VF-1's?

not that i know off.

I wish they would realse another calendar with the YF-19 and 21 and VF-0 artwork :unsure:

Holy poo! That's some cool boxart you got framed on the wall Flying Pika!!!!

I've been avoiding the VF-0 models (and toys if and when they come out). The design is too much like a VF-1 of which I have 2 yet to build. But if they make a VF-0D, I think my willpower will fail me.

The box art is really cool. I do agree that it's about time for another Hasagawa Macross box art calendar.

I've been avoiding the VF-0 models (and toys if and when they come out). The design is too much like a VF-1 of which I have 2 yet to build. But if they make a VF-0D, I think my willpower will fail me.

The box art is really cool. I do agree that it's about time for another Hasagawa Macross box art calendar.

I have to say, though, as much as I love the VF-1, the VF-0 has a lot more depth to it. It makes the VF-1 look a little blocky and simplistic by comparison, especially in aircraft mode.

I've been avoiding the VF-0 models (and toys if and when they come out).  The design is too much like a VF-1 of which I have 2 yet to build.  But if they make a VF-0D, I think my willpower will fail me. 

The box art is really cool.  I do agree that it's about time for another Hasagawa Macross box art calendar.

I have to say, though, as much as I love the VF-1, the VF-0 has a lot more depth to it. It makes the VF-1 look a little blocky and simplistic by comparison, especially in aircraft mode.

thats because trhe VF-1 is more aerodynamic and sleeker, the VF-0 is the brdige of the gap between VF's and conventional fighter aircraft.

I for one LOVE the VF-0 since its not the ideal plane for the job but it has to do the gruntwork till the VF-1 arrives. Not to mention its the most close to reality VF I have observed. What an awesome plane.

I really like how the cockpit area of the VF-0 VF's are a bit more realistic than the VF-1's. The way the pilots are raised to give better visibility, and the way then entire forward fuselauge section more closely resembles the F-14...

I like the retinal scan for missle targeting aspect. It would've been cool to carry that into the VF-1. To think of what people would've thought of that idea back whhen macross was created. I'm sure they would've said imposible, eh?

I like the retinal scan for missle targeting aspect. It would've been cool to carry that into the VF-1. To think of what people would've thought of that idea back whhen macross was created. I'm sure they would've said imposible, eh?

I think such a thing would be so common by the time the VF-1 comes around that it becomes trivial, and thus wasn't enough of a big deal to be shown on screen, whereas it's a new technology on the VF-0S.

I really like how the cockpit area of the VF-0 VF's are a bit more realistic than the VF-1's. The way the pilots are raised to give better visibility, and the way then entire forward fuselauge section more closely resembles the F-14...

VF-1 series using "all time surrounding virtual visual field system", that's why the cockpit does not need to be raised up! And that reduce air resistance too, so VF-1 IS more advanced than VF-0 B))

Ok , Its umbelivable .

Somebody already have a finished vf-0B in yahoojapan .

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h15527900

Who is this guy ?

What a wonderfull work ....

Nice shiny cockpit, but it doesn't have much else going for it.

No one can ever seem to fix the damn gunpod tip, and the ejection seat handles on those seats are pretty half assed.

Not to mention unbevelled trailing lip. Blah.

William, show this guy up already, will ya?

While I wish I could simply glue and paint that well, he did the epitome of "over-emphasized" panel-lining. As more than one real maintenance guy has said "if a plane ever really looked like that, we'd be fired". Maybe if a plane flew through a vat of tar, the panel lines might get that obvious and black...

If I ever decide to do panel lines (probably will be an F-14 to start with), I'll differentiate between skin panels, and access panels. They're different. I think 100% of models have them looking the same. And I won't blacken a spot that remains immaculately clean even after 5 years.....

Edited by David Hingtgen

Check out the fourth set of pictures down from the top. I'm not sure how the crewman standing on the left got into the military, because he appears to have permanent shorting of one leg. He's probably named "Stumpy," or something like that. :lol:

Now, I'm not one to talk crap, at least not too much anyway, but the paint job on the airbrake behind the canopy is lacking. Drilled out holes would have been better, but at least half of the simulated holes have anything but round black spots. They're kind of all over the place. ;)

I'll admit that overall the builder did a very nice job, and the diorama is a nice touch. The panel lines are definitely way over done.

I've ordered a kit for myself, and look forward to building it some day. :rolleyes: