Macross Zero 4 HK DVD

bandit29

This showed up today. The video is fine and the subs are a mixed bag. I haven't seen the fansubbed version yet though. Pretty good episode. I was expecting a turd afetr some reading some comments.

post-2-1087361948_thumb.jpg

Edited by dejr8bud

This showed up today. The video is fine and the subs are a mixed bag. I haven't seen the fansubbed version yet though. Pretty good episode. I was expecting a turd afetr some reading some comments.

That´s often the effect of bashing threads

Looks to be the exact same plce I got my copy from. The initial menu screen's image is awful. The fuzzy crapness to the above picture is what you see on screen. Once the episode starts running though the images are perfectly clear, as is the sound......even if the subtitles translation reads like a 70's Kung-Fu movie sub. :)

Is the video in this version compressed (scrunched together in 4x3 format) or is that a result of your screencaps?

The video is in anamorphic widescreen just like the other boots and the R2s. My screen caps are just shrunk down etc

Even though I've got the R2 original, I thought I'd pick up a copy of the HK boot as well.

The thing that made me laugh the most is that in the begining, when Nora is kicking Shin, Sara calls out Shin's name and the subtitles translate it as "New" :D 'Shin' being Japanese for 'new'.

Idiots.

Graham

Even though I've got the R2 original, I thought I'd pick up a copy of the HK boot as well.

The thing that made me laugh the most is that in the begining, when Nora is kicking Shin, Sara calls out Shin's name and the subtitles translate it as "New" :D 'Shin' being Japanese for 'new'.

Idiots.

Graham

Hey Graham, was it the MI or AV version? & how does it compare with the R2?

roy looks particularly long in the face in that screen grab... kinda scary.

I'm glad to see that the HK bootleggers are continuing their horrible subs, I was all afraid I would be able to start making out the dialogue properly.

whew!

Ignorant and unsupportive of Big West and Studio Nue when they need our support, with all of this Harmony Gold crap going on....

How so?

It's not like there are proper DVDs here in the states that I could get instead and I fail to see how downloading fansubed DiVX rips are any better.

I don't know about anybody else, but I plan on getting the DVDs proper when they get released in the states.. but as it is the HK boot legs are the only way for me to get them.

Sorry if I don't feel like getting a new DVD player just so I can buy forty dollar import DVDs and for not learning japanese... I just really don't have the time right now or the money...

i've gotten all my mac zero hk dvd's from this guy:

henry@jpophelp.com

i've only paid $11 shipped for each 1 & he's real fast.i've had my episode 4 for about 2 weeks now.he even emails me in advance to see if i want to order the next episode,which is nice for me,cause i can't keep track of when everything is getting released :)

Ignorant and unsupportive of Big West and Studio Nue when they need our support, with all of this Harmony Gold crap going on....

eh whatever man, save your diatribe. This comes up every f'n time.

I own a region free player and owned the first R2 DVD of Macross Zero. I stopped buying those since I don't think they were worth 50.00 a pop. I do own other R2 Macross DVDs though. I would consider buying an R2 Macross Zero set(if it ever came out) like the Macross Plus sets that came out

Downloads/fansubs are bootlegs too btw.

I'm not 100 percent sure about this but when you buy a DVD, aren't you just supporting the store you bought it from, not the company that made/produced etc. it? Meaning that BigWest, Studio Nue etc have already made their money before the DVD even made it to the store.

Yes, except they don't give money to parasites profiting from stealing Studio Nue and Big Wests work. Don't even bother with that comparison.

Damn, no zero plus short? Oh well, still can't wait to get it.

You're missing nothing - the clip wasn't interesting at all.

eh whatever man, save your diatribe. This comes up every f'n time.

I own a region free player and owned the first R2 DVD of Macross Zero. I stopped buying those since I don't think they were worth 50.00 a pop. I do own other R2 Macross DVDs though. I would consider buying an R2 Macross Zero set(if it ever came out) like the Macross Plus sets that came out

I'm not 100 percent sure about this but when you buy a DVD, aren't you just supporting the store you bought it from, not the company that made/produced etc. it? Meaning that BigWest, Studio Nue etc have already made their money before the DVD even made it to the store.

The more the stores sell, the more they reorder from their distributors, when the production run is out then make more. This in turn helps Studio Nue and Macross.

Guest Khyron_Prime
i've only paid $11 shipped for each 1

A word of wisdom for any of you who haven't bought the Macross Zero DVDs yet:

Wait until the fifth episode is released to buy the series. It seems that, every time a new episode is released, the previous DVDs become also available alongside them in package deals which are signifigantly cheaper than buying 'em each separately. For example, I've paid about $11USD for each of the four episodes (totalling about $44USD), but now, if you buy a package, you can sometimes get all of 'em for around twenty-five. I suspect that when the fifth DVD is released, the same will hold true, so if you're interested in (finally) getting into Macross Zero, I say wait for the fifth one to come out and buy the whole set--it'll save you some cash.

That all depends on how patient you are. Personally, I don't mind picking up the volumes individually, then if there's a collection later (with better subtitles) i'll get that too (and give the individuals to my little brother), and then of course an official R1 release should that ever happen.

Keith Posted on Jun 25 2004, 12:38 AM

That all depends on how patient you are. Personally, I don't mind picking up the volumes individually, then if there's a collection later (with better subtitles) i'll get that too (and give the individuals to my little brother), and then of course an official R1 release should that ever happen. 

Exactly. I like to see and be able to discuss it.

And at most, how much do you save in these bundles? $10-$20?

Wrong hobby to be in if that's a big deal. :p

Edited by Kamui 777

I just found this site & ordered the first two MZ volumes (region 0 bootlegs, oh well).

www.discountanimedvd.com

I also picked up DYRL and the Ghost in the Shell Manga. The whole package cost me about $62 dollars, so it's not bad.

I suppose I should be posting this in the 'where to buy section'...

Keith

Posted: Jun 18 2004, 01:10 AM 

BTW, which version did you get, the AV or MI version?

Shoot, I can't believe I missed this post. I believe it's the MI verison.

The thing is there is no lime MI in the beginning. The only I think it is, is bc the packaging is very similar my other 3 M0 MI ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got it from kevin today, seems to be an entirely different rip from the one earlier in this topic. For one thing, the menu is entirely different, and it actually has the Macross Zero Zero omake. Subtitles also seem to be different (my capture software doesn't do subtitles, just picture), a bit better than the ones shown here, but not perfect.

No company logo on it either, but from my guess I'd say it's probably AV.