My first diorama

Coyote187

The floor is just a premade shelf painted and clear coated , all the detales are made with Microsoft word and cut out and "modge podged"( a clear glue ).

the walls were 1\4" foam poster board painted, and the panel lines are air brushed, all the doors and details were made one the same word program and pasted.

:o Wow, looks great Coyote187. Just one thing, do you have any smaller pics? The large ones are kinda blurry.

Awesome decals! Never thought of making them in word... What did you print them on?

I just printed them on quality ink jet paper. as far as the pics, well as of now I have no digital camara , all the pics were done on a throw away , I'll try to clean them up on "picture it 7.0"

Hey, looks nice. better than just a shelf.

ur right though, needs something. Maybe some piping on the walls? Break up the grey a bit?

Looks good though :)

I think I need to add something but I don't know what. The dementions are 36"X12"X12"

You could always take some ideas off the original robotech factory kit that was made way back when. It was 1/100 scale but you could easily recreate some of the detail. I'd definately work in a gantry crane or cherry picker type truck.

• 1 year later...

I'm resurrecting this thread to see if anyone else out there has made up dioramas for their 1/60s? I'm currently in the process of putting together all the pieces I've bought over the last year and making up a diorama, it'll probably come out funky looking but what the heck. So anyone out there decide to display their collections with customized background instead of the usual stand them up on a shelf look? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I think the diorama is awesome.

If I had to add anything to it, I would add some catwalks or pipes running across the top and maybe some overhead lamps.

Maybe an overhead crane?

Either way, well done!

I buy sticker paper at Wally-World in the printer paper section. THat way you can cut/peel/and stick.

:)

-THOR