Robocop Trilogy on DVD

Gaijin

What's so special about the Criterion version of Robocop?

I know it's out of print, but does it have special features that the new version in the trilogy set does not? :unsure:

For those who did see robocop 3, did you guys catch the strings attached to robo when he started to fly out of OCP's building with the scientist and the girl? You can see it right after robo fries the bad dude's (forgot his name) legs with his boosters and starts to fly off. I guess it's a bit trivial but I thought it was fukin hilarious. reassured me that it was a crappy half assed film.

I actually liked number two. not as much as I liked the first but the fight between caine and robocop at the end was definitely a blast to see back then.

I'd like to see what Tarintino would do with a Robocop film. I think he could get it back to the funny, gorey spirit Verhoven got in the first one.

I'd like to see Tarantino stop making movies all together, since he clearly has no talent.

I'd like to see what Tarintino would do with a Robocop film. I think he could get it back to the funny, gorey spirit Verhoven got in the first one.

I'd like to see Tarantino stop making movies all together, since he clearly has no talent.

Yeah, that's, like, totally obvious because nobody goes to see his movies! :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

OK, finally got around to picking this up...The first one is indeed the Criterion version Director's cut albeit anamorphic with a better transfer...and 5.1 sound. The commentary found on the Criterion is still here, along with some really good surprising featurettes. If you never got the Criterion version, this is a great alternative. It even includes the deleted scenes like the original extended ending and the topless pizza place.

Since this is about the same price or LESS than a Criterion version, it's a good deal...you can consider the other 2 movies as free extras. Not bad for $29.

I now have this set and Criterion...wonder if those Prime Directive shows are worth it.

Edited by Gaijin

I find Robocop 1 and 2 to be both equally good. 3 doesn't exist, though.

And Prime Directives are, surprisingly, pretty decent. They were obviusly trying there hardest to copy the first movie's style. I've only seen the first two episodes so far. The first one mainly is about Murphy as a human and a partner he once had. Hardly any Robo action. Theres a bad guy in it, named Bone Machine, who is actually pretty cool. The second, well, I can't say much because it would spoil the whole first episode. My friends downloading them off somewheres and he hooks his laptop up to the big screen. Good times. There at least worth the effort to hunt down and give a download.

One thing I love in them is the news clips. They have the scrolling bars on the bottom that say some of the funniest things. For example, when they talk about Bone Machine, it says ont he bottom "Bone Machine action figure now available!" And the programs on the station seemingly change at a whim. It's beautiful.

Anyways, don't expect anything liek the movies. Everythings had a drop. They even changed the Robo walking sounds :( And no mention of Lois so far. And Robo looks like crap because he's pretty much obselete. Anyways, much better then Robocop 3, which isn't saying much, but pretty far behind Robocop 1 and 2.

And were the four Prime Directive episodes made for TV? Because the second episode had guys getting cut in half up and down and some nudity.

EDIT: And yeah, Tarintino sucks.

Edited by Vinny

The way I see it is I payed $15 for Robocop 1 and 2 and I got 3 for free. = $30 :)

I don't like Tarantino movies... but I must admit that the dialogue is hilarious sometimes. The only one I really dislike is Kill Bill Vol. 1... and I haven't seen 2 yet because it just doesn't really interest me after seeing the first.

There was a Robocop animation on www.newgrounds.com that was pretty cool. Robocop is pretty dated though.. I mean.. he tromps around all slow... while robots in modern films are way more agile. I hope they remake Robocop in 20 years, so I can say the original was better! ;)