Anyone else remember these?

Hiriyu

Ran across this while browsing Ebay. This is an old boot in 1/100. I had one of these back in the old days circa 1984 - it was actually my first valk toy, though I had many of the old plastic model kits. Lots of diecast, but some of the plastic parts were pretty poor. The shoulder and back hinges were quickly broken on mine, within a week or two as I recall.

post-4-1087203765_thumb.jpg

That was my first valk too! I always wondered where they got that gun, Thanks Neova. It was a really good boot with die cast parts. Even the boot legs were better back in the 80s. They sold them for $5 in the swap meet. I bought them even though I didnt know what Macross or RT was yet.

Even most toys today couldn't compare to the quality of the toy above. *cough*MPC*cough*

There was plenty of die cast parts on that boot. The lower legs, the chest and back plate, IIRC. I don't remember the feet on mine being die cast though. But hell, that was yikes! 20 yrs ago... :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I bought it... I wanted this one especially cuz it had that white gun, just like the one I had when I was *gulp* young... it's funny how much smaller it is than I remember. I knew what scale it was, it's just weird to compare it to memory when my hands were a lot smaller. Great bootleg! Nice quality... :p

got any pictures of it along side a 1/48 i would like to see the size of it.

chris

thanks i look forward to seeing one of these. it does not look to bad for a bootleg particiarly with all of the diecast,

I'd like to see those pics too. Congrats on the score, EXO. Definitely hardcore nostalgia material. Thinking about it now, I believe that mine was the 1S version too.

Might I ask where the auction ended $ wise? It was about $10.00 when I saw it...

I'd like to see those pics too. Congrats on the score, EXO. Definitely hardcore nostalgia material. Thinking about it now, I believe that mine was the 1S version too.

Might I ask where the auction ended $ wise? It was about $10.00 when I saw it...

$10.50 ;)

Cool, thanks - neat to see it again, albeit in a less 'Saturday Night Fever'-esque type pose :)

What did you use for the panel lining on the 1/48? Looks great.

That's good old gundam markers and alcohol swipies. :)

post-25-1088522952.jpg

I had one of those when I was young. Got mine at the good old swapmeet for 5bucks. My boot valk was pretty sturdy and of decent quality (but not as great as the original HCM's) and I played with it often (luckily not breaking it) touching down on my buddies USS Flagg. Sheeyat, bootlegs don't get diecast nowadays just crappy plastic.

I had several of those items when I was young. I think I got it from swap meet also. Actually, there were more cheaper ones that were made of 99.9% plastic. This one was what I used to think of as being better made :lol::lol::lol:

Anyhow, here is some interesting incident I had with this item.

Last year around this period, I posted my last plastic and the posted photo one on EBay. Normally, I started the auction at $9.99 and described the items as being made in HK and condition etc......

Anyways, there was this bidder in Japan, who was bidding thru one of those Rinka or bbidding service. I think it was Rinka, so I am going to call it RInka as the bidding service. Thye would email me and ask if I would send it to Japna, the codition, country it was made in, various questions. Well, guess how much the Japanese bidder bought the item for.

It went well over $120......

To me it was not worth more than $5. However, there must have been another Macross collector that needed to have everything. ANyways, the payment was received and nice feedbacks were exchanged. TO me it was one of those interesting Ebay experience.