Still loving the 1/60's after the 1/48's?

DatterBoy

I sold my 1/60 Scale Yamato VF-1S Strike Valkyrie. It was a fine product, with good articulation, a fine scale, and plenty of great features. Problem was, there was simply something better. That's all it comes down to. About the only thing I miss about the 1/60 is the smaller scale. Generally, I enjoy smaller models. But that's about it. So I guess the answer is yes, the 1/48 Yammie did indeed affect my appreciation for the 1/60 Yammie.

I dislike the 1/48 for reason most here are already tired of hearing. I actually like the 1/60, dispite its many inconsistancies. Considering I don't play with it, just leave it on my shelf, I could really care less for perfect transformation.

And besides... at least my 1/60 1S doesn't have an ugly seam line running down its head... like a certain other toy. <_<

I don't know what the dillema is... can't afford or don't like the 1/48? Then buy the 1/60s. Just be glad there's 2 scales instead of just one. If Bandai was still doing the 1/55s, everyone would be buying those as well and STILL bitching. :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...
My question is this... Can the 48 really make you hate your 60's?

I wouldn't go that far. The 1/60 VF-1 line is great, but not perfect. The same could be said for the 1/48 line, but once I broke out a 1/48 from it's box...I was a changed man. When they announced the 1/48 I had a hard time being excited. I felt like I'd potentially invested my money in an inferior product and I felt like my well-loved 1/60 line was coming to an abrupt end. I still think the 1/60s are cool, and I display them proudly. But if they release every single one in 1/48...chances are I'll get those too and prefer them to the 1/60 versions. I no longer feel "had," but if I had it to do over again, I might not have bought so many 1/60s.

I still luv the 1/60 line. The weight, the die-cast, the class. My 1/60 collection ain't complete, yet. Just no moneys yet for the VT, VE, 1D, and the M&Ms. But they're all pencilled in my x'mas budget. ^_^

I got the 1/48 Hikaru-1A and am planning to get the whole line. It looks good and all, but it just lacks die-cast content of the 1/60 and the plastic seems a little brittle-cheap. It's fairly lightweight. For that, imho, the price of the 1/48 is just not good enough for me to be rushing to get it, as opposed to when the 1/60's made it's appearances.

Wish Yamato can sell 1/48 at the $80-$90 range instead of the current $140 range.

--treatment--

I still luv the 1/60 line. The weight, the die-cast, the class. My 1/60 collection ain't complete, yet. Just no moneys yet for the VT, VE, 1D, and the M&Ms.  But they're all pencilled in my x'mas budget. ^_^

I got the 1/48 Hikaru-1A and am planning to get the whole line.  It looks good and all, but it just lacks die-cast content of the 1/60 and the plastic seems a little brittle-cheap.  It's fairly lightweight. For that, imho, the price of the 1/48 is just not good enough for me to be rushing to get it, as opposed to when the 1/60's made it's appearances. 

Wish Yamato can sell 1/48 at the $80-$90 range instead of the current $140 range.

--treatment--

I completely know where you're coming from, but I got over the lack of die-cast when I was able to swoosh my beautifully sculpted 1/48 VF-1 without anything falling off. ;)

Edited by Draykov

However, I now am a proud owner of 3 1/48 VF-1's. Now I don't plan to get anymore (hopefully), because I am seriously running out of room....

Wierd to quote myself. But I just have to say that I've broken down and pre-ordered a Yamato 1/48 Super VF-1J. Which means I'll be a proud owner of 4 1/48 VF-1's and I'll have even more problems finding space to put all of them.

I must admit that I am liking the 1/60 line less and less.