New Bandai Trek starships

Hobby link Japan show 2 new Bandai kits coming! the U.S.S. Voyager and the Enterprise A. Both will be in the same scale as the first Enterprise release but no pictures yet :angry: . I wonder wether the Enterprise A will be an updated kit, i.e better fit with some of the wiring pre done, and a slightly different paint scheme, or will it be the same kit with an "A" added on.

Chris

Knowing Bandai's penchant for recolours, I'd wager that it has the "A" plastered in all the right places. That or it's in a G-3 colour scheme.

Now Voyager, I wouldn't mind. I've always liked the Intrepid class ship design, but what I'd really like to see is an Ambassador class (Enterprise-C) design. For some reason, I really really like the design.

I liked the 1/850 Enterprise refit, but I was pissed when they did the Sovereign class, and cut the scale in half. They should have done it in the same scale!! :angry:

However, the Intrepid class would be kind if neat in that scale considering that it is actually bigger than the Constitution class refit. :lol:

Yeah, Bandai really should have made the Enterprises in similar scale. You could then really see the size & technology differences in the eras.

What I want to see is a Klingon Bird of Prey.

Edited by Warmaker

I liked the 1/850 Enterprise refit, but I was pissed when they did the Sovereign class, and cut the scale in half. They should have done it in the same scale!! :angry:

However, the Intrepid class would be kind if neat in that scale considering that it is actually bigger than the Constitution class refit. :lol:

You have any idea how huge and expensive that would have been? :blink:

My local Suncoast had the NX Polar Lights model in. I would have bought it if I had the cash. I suck at painting though, and that's one thing the Bandai kits have in their favor...

I might grab the little 12 dollar Klingon ship though. Be a nice practice kit to paint up and see what I can do.

Considering there's minor surface detail differences between the refit shown in I, II, and III, and the refit -A in IV, V, VI, you can be guaranteed that Bandai will make a new deflector for the 1701-A, and on top of that, the aztec colouring should be changed, and instead of the "engineering green" as the secondary colour of the kit, it'll be changed to the blue shown on the -A version.

The Voyager will be interesting to see. Especially at 1/850. If it doesn't have the markings that Thomas Sasser made for the Limited Revell/Monogram Voyager, then I'm not interested.

And Stamen. Without me, you would know nothing about that 1/350 Enterprise. :)

It always happens...

The company they seems to put more than normal work into their product releases stuff I wouldn't buy on a bet, while the stuff I do want is released by companies that just do good quality :(

Case in point Yamato=Macross, Toynami= Mospeada and now, PL=Enterprises, Bandai=Voyager -_-

Cyc