Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1D

ChristopherB

Hello,

I remember reading that the Hasegawa VF-1D comes with a special set of photo-etched parts, if so, how do they differ from the separately available photo-etched parts set?

The reason I ask, is because I recently purchased the Max VF-1D "Virgin Road," and my kit did not come with any photo-etched parts at all. <_< Which is really weird and makes no sense at all, because besides the color of the parts and decals, the kits are identical. So unless my kit is missing them, I find this oversight to be pretty freaking stupid on Hasegawa's part. Not only that, but both kits are supposed to be limited editions.

If the photo-etched parts included with the standard VF-1D are that unique, I guess I won't have any choice but to buy (2) VF-1D's, and remove the photo-etched parts from one kit for use with the Max VF-1D.

That is of course unless the standard set is the same or similar, or if I can find someone willing to sell me their VF-1D photo-etched set. ;)

Any info. will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Yes, thank you for the picture.

Do you want to sell them? :p

Without getting out a set of the standard photo-etched parts, I don't really see too much of a difference, besides the lack of parts for the armor.

The PE kit, which came with the regular VF-1D is only a "half-set" compared to the one for purchase by Hasegawa!

What you do get from the Virgin Road kit are the special decals and a nice artwork for the box!

The PE kit, which came with the regular VF-1D is only a "half-set" compared to the one for purchase by Hasegawa!

Well, yes and no. It doesn't include the PE parts for the fast packs, but it does include two sets of control sticks for the two-seater cockpit. The normal set only has one of each.

Also, notice that it includes PE parts for the tips of a Super Valkyrie's fast packs. For some reason, those parts were omitted from the normal PE parts set, and Hasegawa chose to include them in the VF-1D set, even though that particular Valkyrie doesn't need them.

True, the box and decals are very nice, but that does not excuse the exclusion of the PE parts in my opinion. One does not justify the other.

Ken,

Interesting observation.

Are you referring to the two pieces identified as "Part #5" from the picture above?

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

• 2 months later...

Update:

I contacted HLJ and was able to order (15) sets of the VF-1D photo-etched parts. Don't ask me why I ordered (15), because I don't plan to build (15) Super/Strike valkyries. Maybe (10) different versions, but not (15).

I honestly never expected that they would even be able to fulfill my order, because I didn't think Hasegawa would have extra limited edition PE parts just lying around. Plus selling one without the other means something gets shortchanged, but...

HLJ was able to come through, and ended up charging me almost the same price for the separate PE set. <_< I never expected to pay more than $5 a piece, based upon the total price of the VF-1D, as compared to other kits that don't include any PE parts.

So, if you want to build a completely hooked up Super/Strike, and would like a set of sealed VF-1D PE parts, send me a PM. I'm not looking for money, but perhaps a trade or something.