Who says video games can't be healthy?

The only dancing I ever did for video games was when I killed a cowardly Predator as I played an Alien Runner, on AVP online...

Yeah, and not just physical health, there is that zen game called wild divine as well :p Where through a special bio feedback hookup you learn to channel your body energy and use your force powers or something :lol:

Yes yes... and it's also been shown that gaming improves hand-eye coordination, and reaction time, and that gamers are better at noticing more things around them. It's also been suggesting that gamers are better drivers. And one of the odder things I've read about the benefits of gaming - doctors were using Half-Life to treat patients with certain phobias.

I am all for the merger of video games and physical fitness activity, but that particular dancing game is lame... I'd have to kick my own ass if I ever got on it.

From IGN

May 26, 2004 - The Florida Union-Times today reported on one Grand Theft Auto player whose experience with the game led to fairly serious consequences.

Anthony S. Jones, a 27 year-old Jacksonville resident, was at home playing the game with a child he when called a co-worker at the Cross Creek Barbeque Restaurant. At one point, while on the call, he apparently told the child, "There's a bomb in the building. There's a bomb in the building. Everyone needs to get out!"

Jones has explained that he was referring to the game, but the words were taken very seriously by his co-worker, whose night manager notified police. The restaurant was evacuated and searched for explosives, though none were found.

On Monday Jones was arrested on charges of making a false report about a bomb or explosive, which counts as a second-degree felony, and carries a maximum penalty of up to 15 years jail time.

As of Tuesday, Jones is still in jail, held at $5,003 bail. His case is scheduled next month.

From IGN

May 26, 2004 - The Florida Union-Times today reported on one Grand Theft Auto player whose experience with the game led to fairly serious consequences.

Anthony S. Jones, a 27 year-old Jacksonville resident, was at home playing the game with a child he when called a co-worker at the Cross Creek Barbeque Restaurant. At one point, while on the call, he apparently told the child, "There's a bomb in the building. There's a bomb in the building. Everyone needs to get out!"

Jones has explained that he was referring to the game, but the words were taken very seriously by his co-worker, whose night manager notified police. The restaurant was evacuated and searched for explosives, though none were found.

On Monday Jones was arrested on charges of making a false report about a bomb or explosive, which counts as a second-degree felony, and carries a maximum penalty of up to 15 years jail time.

As of Tuesday, Jones is still in jail, held at $5,003 bail. His case is scheduled next month.

LMAO!! :lol:

How could that happen...i do not know....

From IGN

LMAO!! :lol:

How could that happen...i do not know....

if that doesn't get thrown out... i'll be very sad

I lost 15 pounds DDRing.

Yes, it's degrading to be owned by a 10 year-old in an arcade. <_<

Max told me a story like this about someone else he heard about.

Did you do a pulse check while doing it? Do you know how much your heart rate changed while doing it? Were you overweight before? Did you change your diet?

You DO realize that in most cases unless one is talking about a seriously obese person, losing weight at a faster rate than 1 lb per week results in muscle mass loss as well. Even chemically enhanced athletes can only drop about 2 per week without losing muscle.

I lost 15 pounds DDRing.

Yes, it's degrading to be owned by a 10 year-old in an arcade. <_<

Max told me a story like this about someone else he heard about.

Did you do a pulse check while doing it? Do you know how much your heart rate changed while doing it? Were you overweight before? Did you change your diet?

You DO realize that in most cases unless one is talking about a seriously obese person, losing weight at a faster rate than 1 lb per week results in muscle mass loss as well. Even chemically enhanced athletes can only drop about 2 per week without losing muscle.

most people lose weight when relating to videogames because of super poor diet and obbsession with the game.

mmorpgs for example.

we gamer nerds are notorious for not knowing how to take care of ourselves